Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alligatorbite, Flaglergator, Google Adsense [Bot] and 41 guests

Tebow to the AFL

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Tebow to the AFL

Postby ccsdk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:07 pm

ccsdk
Senior Gator

Re: Tebow to the AFL

Postby oxrageous » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Yawn.

Let's see. Holding a clipboard for a million dollars a year or $8/hour in the Arena League?
oxrageous

Postby ccsdk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Kurt Warner seemed to make it work ... He probably made a few bucks from it also .... you think?
ccsdk
Senior Gator

Postby oxrageous » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:11 pm

ccsdk wrote:Kurt Warner seemed to make it work ... He probably made a few bucks from it also .... you think?

Kurt Warner is an open homosexual.
oxrageous

Postby law98gator » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:22 pm

And Kurt Warner's other option was bagging groceries, not holding a clipboard for millions.

Bleacherreport has the same degree of credibility as the stuff written on a rest stop bathroom wall, though I've seen MattM's number there a few times and suspect it's legitimate.

Don't post links to that dung here.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Class of '78 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:46 pm

The makings of a rumor:

Marketing guy to GM: "Our attendance sucks, we need to do something drastic fast. How 'bout this? We extend an open contract to Tim Tebow. Even if he never comes, how cool is that?"

Team sends release to local rag.

Scribe for local rag: "Offseason sucks, I've got nothing to write about and I'm in the dying freaking newspaper business. If we don't make up something crazy, we're all effed. I need copy, man. Wait, what's this about Tebow to the Predators?"

Writes bogus column claiming Tebow and Arena League are a match made in heaven.

GSMB poster to self: "Freaking time between NCAA rounds sucks, sitting around bored posting about some idiot named NV. Wait, what's this rumor about Tebow to the Predators. Cool, let's get this freaking thing going."

Posts thread title that makes oldtimers think Tebow's about to join the old AFL Jets.

:question: :question: :question:
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:21 pm

But bleacherreport isn't even a dying newspaper. It's just a website that lets any deluded fan anywhere write "articles".
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 pm

law98gator wrote:But bleacherreport isn't even a dying newspaper. It's just a website that lets any deluded fan anywhere write "articles".

Really "Law", I can write an article there. So long ... got to give
my bye-line .
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Class of '78 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Boldface hyperlink in the story, Law.

According to Mike Bianchi of The Orlando Sentinel, New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow has garnered interest from the Arena Football League.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:57 pm

I don't click on bleacherreport OR Biiiatchi.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby crosscreekcooter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:14 am

Class of '78 wrote:The makings of a rumor:

Marketing guy to GM: "Our attendance sucks, we need to do something drastic fast. How 'bout this? We extend an open contract to Tim Tebow. Even if he never comes, how cool is that?"

Team sends release to local rag.

Scribe for local rag: "Offseason sucks, I've got nothing to write about and I'm in the dying freaking newspaper business. If we don't make up something crazy, we're all effed. I need copy, man. Wait, what's this about Tebow to the Predators?"

Writes bogus column claiming Tebow and Arena League are a match made in heaven.

GSMB poster to self: "Freaking time between NCAA rounds sucks, sitting around bored posting about some idiot named NV. Wait, what's this rumor about Tebow to the Predators. Cool, let's get this freaking thing going."
:D :D :D :D
Posts thread title that makes oldtimers think Tebow's about to join the old AFL Jets.

:question: :question: :question:

You left out the part about FunnGunn being Bianchi's innerwebz ID
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:51 am

law98gator wrote:And Kurt Warner's other option was bagging groceries, not holding a clipboard for millions.

Bleacherreport has the same degree of credibility as the stuff written on a rest stop bathroom wall, though I've seen MattM's number there a few times and suspect it's legitimate.

Don't post links to that dung here.

And in his own hand writing!
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby TnGatorman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:39 pm

oxrageous wrote:
ccsdk wrote:Kurt Warner seemed to make it work ... He probably made a few bucks from it also .... you think?

Ox, how did you get to be a moderator? You are an idiot. Does Warner's wife know about this or are you trying to shock people?
TnGatorman
Redshirt Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:40 pm

TnGatorman wrote:
oxrageous wrote:

Ox, how did you get to be a moderator? You are an idiot. Does Warner's wife know about this or are you trying to shock people?

Time for another banning. :lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Zambo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:44 pm

The researchers at Shands must have finally perfected the humorectomy....
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby crosscreekcooter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:23 pm

That's really NV trolling somebody undercover. He really is pushing it.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Is he even good enough for the AFL? Chris Leak couldn't even crack the starting lineup of the Predators last year.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby g5! » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:53 pm

oxrageous wrote:

Dude... really? :rolleyes:
g5!
All-American Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Zambo wrote:The researchers at Shands must have finally perfected the humorectomy....

In mass quantities apparently.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:45 pm

rogdochar wrote:
law98gator wrote:But bleacherreport isn't even a dying newspaper. It's just a website that lets any deluded fan anywhere write "articles".

Really "Law", I can write an article there. So long ... got to give
my bye-line .

Rog, did you write the Nurvous Creyer ""I'm an Eagle! Go Eagles!!" article?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum