Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angry Narwhal, DaMagicGator, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 55 guests

Driskel growing in confidence

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Driskel growing in confidence

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Driskel still has a long way to go if he wants to be an elite SEC quarterback, but he's making strides according to the coaches and based on some things I saw from him last weekend.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2013 ... 9982?tc=cr
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
User avatar
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer
 
Posts: 1569
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:43 pm

I am sure this thread will go well.
User avatar
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 13834
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby rogdochar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:12 pm

Article says : Jeff is different this spring = calmer, more confident, and
more comfortable.(So, we can be more-so, right ?)

Pease said with both JD & JB there, there was unhelpful pretense
present during his "skull-sessions".(For an OC to bring that past up,
it was an unusually interfering ongoing situation... so you advise one
to leave ?)

HC Muschamp lauded Driskel for his film studying.
Pease said :
1) JD's got to understand each protection better.
2) know when to get rid of the ball.
3) must get better seeing reads.
4) must see the whole field quickly.
5) must date Miss Florida (ok, I say).

Finally this JD compressed quote : " I'm confident. Coming in very
confident and confident I've done the work to be more confident."
Ergo : JD is 4 times confident compared to ....... :?
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12723
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby cover2 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:13 pm

He had a geat year. 11-2 I think.

Image
"I aim to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hang in Ft. Smith at Judge Parker's convenience! Which'll it be?"
User avatar
cover2
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Location: Looking for a game...

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby jand3k » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Zach Abolverdi wrote:Driskel still has a long way to go if he wants to be an elite SEC quarterback, but he's making strides according to the coaches and based on some things I saw from him last weekend.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2013 ... 9982?tc=cr


Ooh man, this is bad. I don't think he'll make it in the SEC. We're doomed. I told all y'all that our 10-2 season last year sucked.
Image
User avatar
jand3k
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby rogdochar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:16 pm

cover2 wrote:He had a geat year. 11-2 I think.

Image


... so you see "coaching him up" like raising the dead ? :rolleyes:
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12723
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby cover2 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm

rogdochar wrote:
cover2 wrote:He had a geat year. 11-2 I think.

Image


... so you see "coaching him up" like raising the dead ? :rolleyes:

Tongue-in-cheek, Rog. Read the last page of the other Driskel thread. I'm disappointed, as you are usually such a play on words type of guy!

Image

:D
"I aim to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hang in Ft. Smith at Judge Parker's convenience! Which'll it be?"
User avatar
cover2
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Location: Looking for a game...

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby Gouryella » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:49 pm

We won't win the SEC without him taking his game to the next level. Here's to him improving and leading us to the promised land.
User avatar
Gouryella
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2348
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby rogdochar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:52 pm

cover2 wrote:
rogdochar wrote:
cover2 wrote:He had a geat year. 11-2 I think.

Image


... so you see "coaching him up" like raising the dead ? :rolleyes:

Tongue-in-cheek, Rog. Read the last page of the other Driskel thread. I'm disappointed, as you are usually such a play on words type of guy!

Image

:D


Wasn't denigrating your take ... just my knee-jerk reaction to the
photo. I am a Driskel believer/hopeful . Sorry, I seemed heavy on
the jerk part. :neutral: You might be right, that as such, I shouldn't
go lock-step with the Driskel-downers. I meant sarcasm.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12723
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby law98gator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Gouryella wrote:We won't win the SEC without him taking his game to the next level. Here's to him improving and leading us to the promised land.

We need him to at least below average or even approach mediocrity in order to compete this year. I know going from 114th to 80th or even 60th is a big jump but I think he may be able to pull it off.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16861
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby law98gator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Zach Abolverdi wrote:Driskel still has a long way to go if he wants to be an elite SEC quarterback, but he's making strides according to the coaches and based on some things I saw from him last weekend.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2013 ... 9982?tc=cr


Zach, did you just regurgitate stuff from Ed's article in a slightly different order and without all the negative stuff?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16861
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm a Jeff Driskel fan. But after saying all of this stuff he has said about not being mature enough, not realizing how fast of a league the SEC is, not studying film as much as he should have, not learning all the details of his position, not knowing how to read coverage, not looking over his shoulder to see Jacoby Brissett breathing down his neck -- in short saying all stuff -- sort of like Frankenstein awakening from the dead and no longer being a zombie quarterback with big ears -- what is going to be Driskel's excuse if he doesn't cut it this year?

He's laid it all out on the line. The coaches are praising him for his attitude adjustment. Gator fans are waiting to see if the talk is backed up by results on the field.
User avatar
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2432
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby jand3k » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Good point Joe, he says that his stressors are gone because he knows he's The Man now. But by his words alone he has put the onus directly on his shoulders to be successful or not.

Time will tell.

Here's to hoping he is.
Image
User avatar
jand3k
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby Gator Fever » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:39 pm

I hope he improves a lot passing the ball and with not waiting so long to run when he needs to but until I see it in the games I will not be convinced. If the defense is as good as I think it will be this year and the running game is good again this team could be special if we get even an average functional passing game from Driskel and our WR's.

“I definitely know where my eyes need to be more than just kind of scanning the field guessing." - for some reason this recent quote from him scares me. :neutral:
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby rogdochar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 pm

We can only wait to see..and hopefully cheer. Look at what's different:
1) JD's got experience of 1 year ... to know what not to do ?
2) JD's blockers will improve esp. with our transfers & incoming help.
3) That Driskel/Brissett discord should be out of sight of mind & team ?
4) Joker will improve last year's WRs, & Purifoy & develop newcomers.
5) Pease's schemes will bloom being with many 1 year understuds.
6) More skilled RBs, more varied running styles to confuse the D.
7) Muschamp has grown -- real fast and far. HC/OC consort improves.
8) I believe our schedule is a bit less horrid ? Is it ?
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12723
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby Gator Fever » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:10 pm

rogdochar wrote:We can only wait to see..and hopefully cheer. Look at what's different:
1) JD's got experience of 1 year ... to know what not to do ?
2) JD's blockers will improve esp. with our transfers & incoming help.
3) That Driskel/Brissett discord should be out of sight of mind & team ?
4) Joker will improve last year's WRs, & Purifoy & develop newcomers.
5) Pease's schemes will bloom being with many 1 year understuds.
6) More skilled RBs, more varied running styles to confuse the D.
7) Muschamp has grown -- real fast and far. HC/OC consort improves.
8) I believe our schedule is a bit less horrid ? Is it ?


I like our schedule a little better - LSU while a road game has a lot of new starters, FSU is at home game and Georgia's defense should take a step back. I just hope we stuff Miami early and don't have to play catch up as the one thing they could do last year was score.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby The RH Factor » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:32 pm

With all of the improvements he needs to make, if he gets better than last year, that should translate into a better record down the road.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby crosscreekcooter » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote: not realizing how fast of a league the SEC is

You know, I remember thinking kinda like that when I was younger. Worst asswhipping I ever got was by a kid that was about 30 lbs my junior. I thought he was never gonna get tired of hitting me. He was so fast, I thought I was watching a cartoon. I learned something there and hopefully Jeff did too.
User avatar
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby -THE DUDE- » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Gator Fever wrote:
“I definitely know where my eyes need to be more than just kind of scanning the field guessing." - for some reason this recent quote from him scares me. :neutral:

Why? If anything it would lead one to believe that he now knows the offense better and is more comfortable reading defenses so he now knows where to attack the defense instead of hoping he finds somebody get open :?

He needs to prove that in game situations but i think you are finding a negative in something that isn't really a negative...
User avatar
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4452
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Driskel growing in confidence

Postby Gator Fever » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:24 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote:
Gator Fever wrote:
“I definitely know where my eyes need to be more than just kind of scanning the field guessing." - for some reason this recent quote from him scares me. :neutral:

Why? If anything it would lead one to believe that he now knows the offense better and is more comfortable reading defenses so he now knows where to attack the defense instead of hoping he finds somebody get open :?

He needs to prove that in game situations but i think you are finding a negative in something that isn't really a negative...


I guess what scared me is him implying he was just kind of scanning the field guessing last year many times. I think the kid could be good if he could read the defenses well but he seemed to stare down routes many times last year.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
User avatar
Gator Fever
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron