Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ancient Reptile, Clawhammergator, divits888, f18bundy, g8rbob, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, mtn2top and 51 guests

More Jet's Antics

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

More Jet's Antics

Postby jand3k » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 pm

"Tebow is in the mix"...

This is so rediculous.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9070314/rex-ryan-makes-clear-new-york-jets-qb-job-grabs

PHOENIX -- New York Jets coach Rex Ryan said Mark Sanchez would begin the offseason program as the team's starting quarterback, but he made it clear that Sanchez's hold on the position is not guaranteed.
"The first snap, he'll be the guy running out there first," Ryan said Tuesday morning at the NFL owners meetings. "But there's going to be competition at that spot, there's no question about it. We need to get better at the quarterback position."
Ryan also said that Tim Tebow, Sanchez's backup for most of last year, would get the opportunity to compete.
"He's on the roster, and he'll get a chance to compete," Ryan said of Tebow. "We'll see how the offseason plays out, but right now Tim is on our roster."
A league source indicated to ESPNNewYork.com on Tuesday, however, that nothing has changed with regard to Tebow's status on the team. The Jets are holding out hope they can trade him and are in no rush to do so. They could stretch the process out to the draft, but failing a trade, the Jets will release him, the source said.
The Jets brought in veteran David Garrard to provide competition for Sanchez, who was the unchallenged starter at the position for his first three years in the league before his 2012 struggles led to the temporary elevation of Greg McElroy to the spot. Garrard has not played in the NFL in two years and comes with plenty of injury concerns, but Ryan said the team worked him out enough to be confident that he could compete for the starting job.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Re: More Jet's Antics

Postby rogdochar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Jets need somebody to compete for head-coach. :madevil:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp Queen » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:27 pm

Why he chose to go there we will never know.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby mtn2top » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:04 am

The drama just goes on and on for the freak show known as the Jets. Tebow desperately needs to find a new circus.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:26 am

Swamp Queen wrote:Why he chose to go there we will never know.

Got to indicate:
1) what lying salesmen Ryan and crew are.
2) how naive Tim is.
3) how terrible Tebow's agent/handlers are.
4) Tim confounded the adage :
"If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere."
That was never an encouraging invite.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jand3k » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:46 am

rogdochar wrote:Jets need somebody to compete for head-coach. :madevil:

:lmao2:
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:52 am

rogdochar wrote:Jets need somebody to compete for head-coach. :madevil:

:lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorBart » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:28 pm

I don't know the details, but with Sparano (who ran the wildcat at Miami) as the Jets OC, I would assume Tebow thought he would get more opportunities in that system vs. what the Jags had to offer. Also, the Jets are a slightly better team and had a better chance of having a successful season; but we all know how that turned out.
Obviously didn't work out and probably wishes he had chosen the Jags.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:32 pm

I wish Tebow would quit the NFL just so that he is no longer associated with that POS team.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GolfinDawg » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 pm

WobbleGator wrote:I wish Tebow would quit the NFL just so that he is no longer associated with that POS team.

He hasnt quit? Im not sure anyone outside of Gainesville knows he is still in the league. Best of luck to ya 15.
GolfinDawg
Freshman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:41 pm

GolfinDawg wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:I wish Tebow would quit the NFL just so that he is no longer associated with that POS team.

He hasnt quit? Im not sure anyone outside of Gainesville knows he is still in the league. Best of luck to ya 15.

F*ck off
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:42 pm

He's got a waiting contract with the Arena League Orlando Predators.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Class of '78 wrote:

He's got a waiting contract with the Arena League Orlando Predators.

CFL, and I am serious.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:39 pm

GolfinDawg wrote:

You must be living in your parents basement then. Tebow would make some type media even if he was just scratching is ba**s

It's crazy thinking how much spotlight he still gets even being a backup on team that is sorry as the Jets.
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby Scott512 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 pm

rogdochar wrote:

Got to indicate:
2) how naive Tim is.

Numbers 1 through 4 are all true. Especially 2 and 3. Sadly Tim Tebow does not know how to defend his ability from attack. He never speaks up for himself and his abilities to lead and win. He has been saddled with Jimmy Sexton one of the worst agents in sports. How can he screw up Tebow's career like this? Tim doesn't say jack nor does his agent and that is part of his job. And how can the agent not line Tebow up with Gatorade for life? Let's see the greatest and most loved Gator and the most popular sports drink in the world they kind of go hand in hand.

The truth is i am getting tired of defending Tebow and his chances in the NFL. Tim and his agent never talk about what Tim brings to the table as the QB and leader of the team and his winning record and playoff win as a young starting QB. Maybe being so quiet and easy to push around is why they are in the mess they are in. Well Tebow is in a mess. Sexton just moves on to a new crop of talent to bring to the NFL. Tebow is on Sexton's back burner now and why not? It's a business afterall for Sexton. Truth be told rather than Tebow being treated as an NFL scrub I would rather see Tim retire and move on the major speaking engagements where he could really touch people and make and NFL or better income at the same time. I hope Tim has a real chance to unseat Mark Sanchez but I don't believe it for a second. Too bad Tebow and his agent haven't publicly asked for his release. Time for Tim to call his own shots or mcontinue to be pushed around by the Jets one of the worst run franchises in sports.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby jand3k » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Well put Scott.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:34 pm

True "Scott", it has been a Pro-railroading and Tim don't rail.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Scott512 wrote:
rogdochar wrote:

Got to indicate:
2) how naive Tim is.

Numbers 1 through 4 are all true. Especially 2 and 3. Sadly Tim Tebow does not know how to defend his ability from attack. He never speaks up for himself and his abilities to lead and win. He has been saddled with Jimmy Sexton one of the worst agents in sports. How can he screw up Tebow's career like this? Tim doesn't say jack nor does his agent and that is part of his job. And how can the agent not line Tebow up with Gatorade for life? Let's see the greatest and most loved Gator and the most popular sports drink in the world they kind of go hand in hand.

The truth is i am getting tired of defending Tebow and his chances in the NFL. Tim and his agent never talk about what Tim brings to the table as the QB and leader of the team and his winning record and playoff win as a young starting QB. Maybe being so quiet and easy to push around is why they are in the mess they are in. Well Tebow is in a mess. Sexton just moves on to a new crop of talent to bring to the NFL. Tebow is on Sexton's back burner now and why not? It's a business afterall for Sexton. Truth be told rather than Tebow being treated as an NFL scrub I would rather see Tim retire and move on the major speaking engagements where he could really touch people and make and NFL or better income at the same time. I hope Tim has a real chance to unseat Mark Sanchez but I don't believe it for a second. Too bad Tebow and his agent haven't publicly asked for his release. Time for Tim to call his own shots or mcontinue to be pushed around by the Jets one of the worst run franchises in sports.

Appreciate the passion, but my view is talk is cheap and there's far too much of it in the sports world as it is. Let Tebow's actions on the field speak, and soon enough they will. General managers could give a crap if he's a got a loudmouth Drew Rosenhaus behind him.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Scott512 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Some of us saw this coming for Tebow in the NFL. I have to say it's been even worse than i expected especially since flaws and all Tebow has been a winner in the NFL thus far in his career. No more wildcat and special teams with the Jets. If he's just a QB Tebow will beat out Sanchez won't he? It really looks like Timmy is stuck with the Jets. :rolleyes:
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 pm

GolfinDawg wrote:

We don't need UGA fans bashing Tim on our board. Go back to your own kind.
oxrageous

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum