Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 205Gator, gatorJ, Gatornation561, Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, ockgator, WobbleGator and 38 guests

Chris Rainey

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Chris Rainey

Postby Maillot Jaune » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 am

Here's the video of him at Pro Day.

Thoughts?

http://video.gainesville.com?bcpid=8926 ... 1856411001


Hope he didn't blow his entire pro career. Still seems like he's got some rowing up to do.
User avatar
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby law98gator » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 am

I suspect we've seen his entire pro career.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16881
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby rogdochar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 am

Rainey has demonstrated that he can return KOs better than many
such in the NFL. IMO he deserves to be playing and contributing
positively to some team.

Rainey's "domestic dispute" can be about a terrible behavior or an
event misinterpreted. Can a distanced witness be inaccurate = yes.
should Rainey's girlfriend's "say-so" be deciphered properly and given
weight = yes.

And finally, who knows why he was cut by the Steelers.? A profit tight
org could interpret Rainey's type as a costly injury waiting to happen.
I believe this,his replay highlights were fun for any fan to watch.
Good luck, talented Gator; hope you land in the perfect offense for you.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12728
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby divits888 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:53 am

Is there any more of a testament to the fact that the guy ain’t exactly a brain trust member than him showing up to a job interview wearing a t-shirt proclaiming that he doesn’t like to work hard? :lol:

Image
Last edited by divits888 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
divits888
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6931
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby Swamp Queen » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:54 am

:facepalm:
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.


DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
User avatar
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6065
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: anywhere but here

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:57 am

:lol:
User avatar
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby rogdochar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:00 pm

divits888 wrote:Image


On his hip there, is that a loaded weapon or a texting device ?
With Chris, no difference. Cannot do without his "undoing", can he ?
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12728
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby oxrageous » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:14 pm

He's just too damn immature for any real job, including the NFL. That T-shirt says it all.

Perhaps one day he'll grow up.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13661
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby URGatorBait » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 pm

oxrageous wrote:He's just too damn immature for any real job, including the NFL. That T-shirt says it all.

Perhaps one day he'll grow up.


Certainly he's capable of being a MOD on GSMB though :lol:
Image
User avatar
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby gatorpe » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:21 pm

divits888 wrote:Is there any more of a testament to the fact that the guy ain’t exactly a brain trust member than him showing up to a job interview wearing a t-shirt proclaiming that he doesn’t like to work hard? :lol:

Image

So a t-shirt is all you need to judge a man? Wtf have we come to?
If Charles Schultz was anything he was a keen observer of human nature and the young. Rainey played a lot of HS football and college football. I played a lot of HS football and work is an apt description of it. Especially in Fla heat.
Excuse me if I look at more than a t-shirt when I make a final judgement on someone. CR is still a very young fella. At UF he put his nose in there just like a big back and took some nasty shots. carry on.
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
User avatar
gatorpe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1968
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby oxrageous » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:25 pm

gatorpe wrote:
divits888 wrote:Is there any more of a testament to the fact that the guy ain’t exactly a brain trust member than him showing up to a job interview wearing a t-shirt proclaiming that he doesn’t like to work hard? :lol:

Image

So a t-shirt is all you need to judge a man? Wtf have we come to?
If Charles Schultz was anything he was a keen observer of human nature and the young. Rainey played a lot of HS football and college football. I played a lot of HS football and work is an apt description of it. Especially in Fla heat.
Excuse me if I look at more than a t-shirt when I make a final judgement on someone. CR is still a very young fella. At UF he put his nose in there just like a big back and took some nasty shots. carry on.

The only reason Rainey doesn't have an NFL job right now is because of his off-the-field exploits. I would think someone that's already on thin ice with NFL GM's would do whatever it takes to show them that he's mature enough to get another shot. He could have worn any T-shirt in the world - why choose that one? Why give someone ammunition or doubt when you don't have to? His judgement is lacking.

Also, the worlds greatest employee could show up to a job interview in shorts and a t-shirt and not get the job as a result. So yes, people do "judge you" on what you wear, as they should.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13661
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby oxrageous » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 pm

URGatorBait wrote:
oxrageous wrote:He's just too damn immature for any real job, including the NFL. That T-shirt says it all.

Perhaps one day he'll grow up.


Certainly he's capable of being a MOD on GSMB though :lol:

:bananabye:
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13661
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby GatorBart » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:30 pm

oxrageous wrote:
URGatorBait wrote:
oxrageous wrote:He's just too damn immature for any real job, including the NFL. That T-shirt says it all.

Perhaps one day he'll grow up.


Certainly he's capable of being a MOD on GSMB though :lol:

:bananabye:


Ox:
Is that a ban or just a warning shot across URGBs bow?
Image
User avatar
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3786
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:38 pm
Location: Left Coast

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby URGatorBait » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:31 pm

oxrageous wrote:
URGatorBait wrote:
oxrageous wrote:He's just too damn immature for any real job, including the NFL. That T-shirt says it all.

Perhaps one day he'll grow up.


Certainly he's capable of being a MOD on GSMB though :lol:

:bananabye:



Hi....howya doin? :cool:
Image
User avatar
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:44 am

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby law98gator » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm

I dunno. I think the reason he doesn' t have a job is because he' s mediocre. Hes not really good at anything ( receiver or back) . He'll break some plays but he's a two steps forward one (or three) steps back guy. Fumbles alot. Injured easily. Ok as a Kr but on small Nfl rosters thats not enough.

If he were good enough theyd overlook the baggage. Hes just not that good.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16881
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 pm

So you get to go to Pro Day even after you've been a pro? :scratchhead:

Re the T-shirt, double :facepalm:
User avatar
Class of '78
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6559
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby rogdochar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:58 pm

GatorBart wrote:
oxrageous wrote: bananabye:


Ox:
Is that a ban or just a warning shot across URGBs bow?


In this thread, probly means "get ready to die." :?
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12728
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:00 pm

rogdochar wrote:
GatorBart wrote:
oxrageous wrote: bananabye:


Ox:
Is that a ban or just a warning shot across URGBs bow?


In this thread, probly means "get ready to die." :?

:lol:
User avatar
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby Maillot Jaune » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:11 pm

I think he showed up at Pro Day because he had some friends there. It also sounded like Tomlin was there so that had to be awkward. T shirt aside, you'd think he would've had some better, scripted answers for the questions that are bound to come up. He ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, but his agent isn't doing him any favors either.
User avatar
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Chris Rainey

Postby divits888 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:48 pm

gatorpe wrote:
divits888 wrote:Is there any more of a testament to the fact that the guy ain’t exactly a brain trust member than him showing up to a job interview wearing a t-shirt proclaiming that he doesn’t like to work hard? :lol:

Image

So a t-shirt is all you need to judge a man? Wtf have we come to?
If Charles Schultz was anything he was a keen observer of human nature and the young. Rainey played a lot of HS football and college football. I played a lot of HS football and work is an apt description of it. Especially in Fla heat.
Excuse me if I look at more than a t-shirt when I make a final judgement on someone. CR is still a very young fella. At UF he put his nose in there just like a big back and took some nasty shots. carry on.


Good lord. :facepalm:

Seriously, lighten the f**k up.
User avatar
divits888
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6931
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron