Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alcube, BNAG8R, Google [Bot], Hoosier Gator, MSNbot Media, Scott512, WobbleGator and 34 guests

Is Frazier Hurt?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Is Frazier Hurt?

Postby GatorWinorLose » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:04 pm

AGAIN, no sign of Frazier when we are desperate for a clutch shot. Maybe he was hurt. BTW, I heard Donovan saying "great looks" after the game. The drive the late lane and try an imbalanced shot over a taller player (7 times/0 points) is not a good look when you are 6'1". PASS the ball and find an open shot or let the tall guys make a lay up.
GatorWinorLose
Baby Gator

Re: Is Frazier Hurt?

Postby NVGator » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Maybe Billy doesn't trust Frazier? He wasn't in the game at the end of Bama either. Is he in the dog house or are we just letting our earned seniors play?

As for good looks, yeah, Young had a great look and decided to stay away from contact and lay up instead of dunk. Just don't get that.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Gators79 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Sorry this loss is All Billy.. Rosario wasn't playing at at all and Billy kept him in there until he gift wrapped the game for UK. We needed a shooter and for whatever reason Billy Benched the 2nd best shooter . Billy will say he didn't do something blah blah blah.. but Im starting to suspect these kids are nervous because Billy calling them out or benching them not because the opposing fans.
Gators79
Heisman Gator

Postby lagator » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:52 pm

GatorWinorLose wrote:AGAIN, no sign of Frazier when we are desperate for a clutch shot. Maybe he was hurt. BTW, I heard Donovan saying "great looks" after the game. The drive the late lane and try an imbalanced shot over a taller player (7 times/0 points) is not a good look when you are 6'1". PASS the ball and find an open shot or let the tall guys make a lay up.

Problem is the tall guys were missing their layups along with the guards. I don't think I've ever seen so many missed layups in one game.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:00 pm

lagator wrote:
GatorWinorLose wrote:AGAIN, no sign of Frazier when we are desperate for a clutch shot. Maybe he was hurt. BTW, I heard Donovan saying "great looks" after the game. The drive the late lane and try an imbalanced shot over a taller player (7 times/0 points) is not a good look when you are 6'1". PASS the ball and find an open shot or let the tall guys make a lay up.

Problem is the tall guys were missing their layups along with the guards. I don't think I've ever seen so many missed layups in one game.

I said it in another thread.... I just don't understand the settling for layups and teardrops rather than power strong to the rim. If anything, pick up the foul.

Heard them say the other night that settling for layups and teardrops are a sign of the shooter being afraid of the free throw line. I think we've gotten better from the line, so why not use it?
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Confidence in Frazier would result in a new shooting hero who would
make Donovan's seniors ashamed.
When these seniors are gone, Donovan won't be so invested in who's
returning. Then maybe the best shooters will get his nod, in some
practical frequency. I hope, I hope.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:13 am

Donovan will ride the KB train to the bank or bust from here on out so get used to it. He is very loyal to his seniors, and I think it is detrimental at times. We have seen it in the past and it will be just as predictable in the future. Hopefully the games wont be so close from here on out....
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:12 am

GatorsGetGoodAgain wrote:Donovan will ride the KB train to the bank or bust from here on out so get used to it. He is very loyal to his seniors, and I think it is detrimental at times. We have seen it in the past and it will be just as predictable in the future. Hopefully the games wont be so close from here on out....

Well, that's the antithesis to the way Calipari does things. He plays the best regardless and will continue to get the best because of it.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby Deuce Coupe » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 am

We are what we are.
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby shelby_county_gator » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:27 am

Gators79 wrote:Sorry this loss is All Billy.. Rosario wasn't playing at at all and Billy kept him in there until he gift wrapped the game for UK. We needed a shooter and for whatever reason Billy Benched the 2nd best shooter . Billy will say he didn't do something blah blah blah.. but Im starting to suspect these kids are nervous because Billy calling them out or benching them not because the opposing fans.

Rosario wasn't in because he was a disaster yesterday. I haven't seen so many careless turnovers in years. He stunk.

But, the whole team stunk down the stretch, so it was overshadowed.
shelby_county_gator
Redshirt Gator

Postby gatorade7 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:48 am

Only question I have is that Saturday was a replay of Ariz,KanSt,Missouri, and Tenn - we have made no adjustments and had the same result 5 straight times. Is it KB on his own...this is my team ( like Erv Walker last year)? Or is KB rushing a shot near the actual Donavan plan?

This is a good team but if we are going anywhere in the tournament we need to learn how to win a close game. Most top teams don't get 5 tries at this. BD better shore this up.
gatorade7
Senior Gator

Postby rleaton4880 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:41 am

gatorade7 wrote:Only question I have is that Saturday was a replay of Ariz,KanSt,Missouri, and Tenn - we have made no adjustments and had the same result 5 straight times. Is it KB on his own...this is my team ( like Erv Walker last year)? Or is KB rushing a shot near the actual Donavan plan?

This is a good team but if we are going anywhere in the tournament we need to learn how to win a close game. Most top teams don't get 5 tries at this. BD better shore this up.

Don't know when I have been more disappointed in a Gator team....they just are not very good! If the game is close at the end you can guarantee a loss..at least they are consistent in that category! Does not matter who takes the final shot...will be a brick anyway! Will be one and done in the NCAA's.
rleaton4880
True Gator

Postby Uncle rob » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:08 am

If the games were 35 minutes long, the Gators would have 1 loss. They just cannot finish games.
Uncle rob
True Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum