Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MrSwampy, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests

The "mrgator postulate'

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

The "mrgator postulate'

Postby mrgator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:32 am

I'm surprised this hasn't been a thread yet. Perhaps this topic is buried in another thread but I'm very excited to see that all 3 players are going to be back on the court this Saturday in some capacity. It couldn't have set up better for UF if we tried. We get the next two games at home to give our injured guys (mostly Yugette) time to re-acclimate to the game before going to Rupp and then the SEC tournament. Looks good for these Gators!

Like I said in another thread and I'll repeat it here: I thought we'd lose to UT because it was a setup game if I've ever seen one. But I think we win out all the way through the SEC tournament. What do we do in the NCAA? I'll probably have O&B glasses on as I move them to the champions circle but I can live with that. :cool:
Last edited by mrgator on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Re: Gators returning to full strength

Postby Jabberdave » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:35 am

Injuries have been a big issue this year. I heard yesterday on the radio that this week, once the three guys return, will be the first time that Billy has had his entire team involved in practice since October.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby GR8R_G8R » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:19 am

There is no question that some of our guys were gassed in the UT game, especially Patric. At the 10:30 mark of the first half, there was a time out, and the camera was focused on Patric on his chair, bending over and breathing heavily. He was clearly gassed.

UT set a blistering pace in that game, and probably for the very reason I stated above: to get our guys gassed.

The return to full strength for our team will be a great relief to Billy, I am sure.
GR8R_G8R
Freshman Gator

Postby mrgator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 am

I don't think it's going to take Yugette too long to get back into the swing of things. He had the surgery only four weeks ago and has already been running on it and working on it. I'd expect he will be a bit gassed in this next game but should quickly work his way into game shape.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Looneyg8r » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 am

Just in time for a tourney run!

Not sure WY helps us much this Sat, but having a couple of games for him to get his "legs" is crucial, long term.
Looneyg8r
Senior Gator

Postby GR8R_G8R » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:22 am

Even if WY can just give the guys a few minutes break here and there will be a HUGE help.
GR8R_G8R
Freshman Gator

Postby mrgator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Agree with the posts above. I don't know that Yugette will give us a ton on Saturday but he will definitely help give some players a spell. I'd imagine he will not be used much in the press and mostly just an inside presence, IMO. Be active on the boards and get the feet set and the lungs going.

I'm not sure fatigue is much of an issue with Yugette ever let alone coming back from this injury. Perhaps a little but he has such a motor that we may not even notice if he has slowed down much.

The question will be....who's minutes does Frazier take from now that Yugette is coming back full time? Rosario? Boyton? Murphy? Someone with a better basketball IQ give me an idea of the best rotation scenario now that Frazier is experienced AND we have a full team. :razz:
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:10 pm

The obvious answer is he should take all of Kenny Boynton's minutes
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby GatorBart » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:45 pm

mrgator wrote:Agree with the posts above. I don't know that Yugette will give us a ton on Saturday but he will definitely help give some players a spell. I'd imagine he will not be used much in the press and mostly just an inside presence, IMO. Be active on the boards and get the feet set and the lungs going.

I'm not sure fatigue is much of an issue with Yugette ever let alone coming back from this injury. Perhaps a little but he has such a motor that we may not even notice if he has slowed down much.

The question will be....who's minutes does Frazier take from now that Yugette is coming back full time? Rosario? Boyton? Murphy? Someone with a better basketball IQ give me an idea of the best rotation scenario now that Frazier is experienced AND we have a full team. :razz:

All of them, plus Scottie (KB moves to the point). He's versatile, giving Billy multiple lineup options.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby SC Gator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:52 pm

At the beginning of the season I everyone would agree that our weakness was depth on the front line. Losing Will and Prather (who was developing) put more pressure on Young to do everything and at times he just could not carry the front line.

Since the top ten to twelve seeds are so close it wont make a whole lot of difference if we are a 1 or 3. Gotta win and put it together now.
In all kinds of weather.
SC Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby kwhunterufl » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Gators will sweep regular season and tourney champs on their way to a 1-seed. Final Four I'd say 40% chance, Title game 15%, crystal bball 5%.
--------------------------------------------------------
The only 'fall colors' I need are orange and blue!
kwhunterufl
Senior Gator

Postby mrgator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm

SC Gator wrote:At the beginning of the season I everyone would agree that our weakness was depth on the front line. Losing Will and Prather (who was developing) put more pressure on Young to do everything and at times he just could not carry the front line.

Since the top ten to twelve seeds are so close it wont make a whole lot of difference if we are a 1 or 3. Gotta win and put it together now.

I agree. While a 1 seed has an easier chance to the Sweet 16 there is still a tough time making it to the Final Four no matter what your seeding.

I still want a 1 seed and think it will happen if Florida wins out (which I think they will) and the following happens: Miami loses to Duke and doesn't win the ACC tournament and Kansas loses one more game.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:31 pm

kwhunterufl wrote:Gators will sweep regular season and tourney champs on their way to a 1-seed. Final Four I'd say 40% chance, Title game 15%, crystal bball 5%.

Ole "hunteruffle" has superglued on his orange & blue glasses giving
him that "stunnelvision" so straight ahead. Go Gators .. what he said.

Okay, let's call this thread "the 'mrgator' postulate":
1) - Gladdness = for "assemblance" of all present and accounted for.
2) - Celebration = for even compromised "full capacity"
3) - Re-acclimation = 2 home games as best rehab therapy
4) - Grand Hope = 'this-teamrolls' over Lessington
5) - Set-ups = all Gators netting all quarry .
6) - Orange & Blue glasses = never give the 'downlow' blues.
Last edited by rogdochar on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby mrgator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:39 pm

rogdochar wrote:
kwhunterufl wrote:Gators will sweep regular season and tourney champs on their way to a 1-seed. Final Four I'd say 40% chance, Title game 15%, crystal bball 5%.

Ole "hunteruffle" has superglued on his orange & blue glasses giving
him that "stunnelvision" so straight ahead. Go Gators .. what he said.

Okay, let's call this thread "the 'mrgator' postulate":
1) - Gladdness = for "assemblance" of all present and accounted for.
2) - Celebration = for even compromised "full capacity"
3) - Re-acclimation = 2 home games as best therapy
4) - Grand Hope = 'this-teamrolls' over Lessington
5) - Set-ups = all Gators netting all quarry .
6) - Orange & Blue glasses = never give the 'downlow' blues.

That's good stuff. :lol:
I have no idea what it says. But that is good stuff. ;) :cool:
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Re: The "mrgator postulate' per rogdochar

Postby GatorBart » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Love the renaming of the thread! :cool:
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:59 pm

The " 'mrgator postulate' per rogdochar"? Who came up with that? My, we're getting sophisticated with the titles around here.

:lol:
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby GatorBart » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Class of '78 wrote:The " 'mrgator postulate' per rogdochar"? Who came up with that? My, we're getting sophisticated with the titles around here.

:lol:

I assumed it was Ox.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby crosscreekcooter » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:03 pm

I had an infection once and had postulates.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:08 pm

crosscreekcooter wrote:I had an infection once and had postulates.

... that seems impossible, you always being the "fly in the ointment". :embarrassed:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby lagator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 pm

crosscreekcooter wrote:I had an infection once and had postulates.

Most of our postulates around here have infections too. That's why you should avoid them.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum