Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 12 guests

UF/UT football rivalry

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

UF/UT football rivalry

Postby oxrageous » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Discuss.
oxrageous

Re: UF/UT football rivalry

Postby Alvin York » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:32 pm

oxrageous wrote:Image

Discuss.

What is there to discuss, Dude? Irregardless, we want to kick your jort Cracker asses and crow about it afterwards.

it's just another constant of the Universe.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby NoGaGator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Can't consider this a rivalry - regardless.
NoGaGator
All-American Gator

Postby Maillot Jaune » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Cosmos:

1. It isn't much of a rivalry since most on the GSMB were born.
2. It's irrespective. I would expect much more out of you than this.
3. We will probably run this streak to a decade....minimum.
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby bayou gator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Not a rivalry. Hasn't been for years. They can wish they're on our level all they want... but the reality is that they have many years of future ass whoopin's from Vanderbilt to worry about.
P.S. - Don't feed the trolls!
bayou gator
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Alvin York wrote:we want to kick your jort Cracker asses and crow about it afterwards.

I want to win the Powerball. The chances for either are about equal.
oxrageous

Postby oxrageous » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:43 pm

From 1916 to 1953, UT owned our asses. Alvin, get your great grandfather in here so he can talk smack for you.

:oldman2:
oxrageous

Postby MJMGator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 pm

Vandy has surpassed the lowly Vols.

Vandy!
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Anyone know why UF and UT didn't play for 14 straight years (55 to 69)?
oxrageous

Postby Maillot Jaune » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 pm

oxrageous wrote:Anyone know why UF and UT didn't play for 14 straight years (55 to 69)?

There was a Board of Regents referendum that stipultated UF would not play teams where players were married to their sisters. Repealed in '69.

Couldn't resist.
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:58 pm

As some might know I like to have a common defination for whatever I post about. So here goes

Rivalry is intense and sometimes angry competition, game, action or position among individuals or groups who are trying to outperform each other in a given activity or competition. In sports for example, a long time rivalry in college football would be a game between Harvard and Yale.

Note no mention of who wins most, but rather how much winning means to both groups.

Now I know that UT is near the top of footall teams that I want UF to beat somewhat due to their involvement in the NCAA punishment from the past.

I know that most UT fans greatly desire to beat us especially since they do so infrequently.

So they are a rival of ours, by my view.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby Alvin York » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Maillot Jaune wrote:
oxrageous wrote:Anyone know why UF and UT didn't play for 14 straight years (55 to 69)?

There was a Board of Regents referendum that stipultated UF would not play teams where players were married to their sisters. Repealed in '69.

Couldn't resist.

Actually the series was halted due to a special law passed by the Tennessee legislature and signed by the Governor. It stipulated that the Tennessee Volunteers would no longer engage in competition with a University supported in a state where the citizens refused to pass legislation banning sex with animals.

Baaa, Baaa
Mooo
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by Alvin York on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby Dugaboy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Anyone know why UF and UT didn't play for 14 straight years (55 to 69)?...

Best as I can recall, those were the years of Bob Woodruff and Ray Graves at Florida...both had strong ties to Tennessee.

Woodruff left UF for UT and Ray Graves came to UF from UT where he was all conference lineman. (Graves came by way of Georgia Tech as an assistant coach to Bobby Dodd).

In those days, the powerhouse teams in the SEC were GTech, Mississippi, Tenn, and later - Alabama. To a lesser extent - Georgia. They all tried to play as few conference teams as they could, because conference wins and losses decided who went to the Sugar Bowl.

One year, UGA won their five conference games and lost all the rest and represented the SEC as host in the Sugar Bowl!

UF scheduled Alabama a few times in that period and rarely Ole Miss. The Bear would schedule UF '63 & '64 only if both games were played in Alabama. Johnny Vaught at Ole Miss was the same way.

UF wanted to play Ole Miss or Alabama more than UT. AS for UGA and Tech, we played them almost every year anyway. I really don't think Ray Graves wanted to schedule UT, his alma mater.

In those years posted by Ox, UF had traditionals they always played: UGA, GaTech, Miami, Auburn & LSU. In 1958 came FSU into the mix. Not a lot of room for some outside glamour teams when 6 of your 9 games were annual traditionals...
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Alvin York wrote:
oxrageous wrote:Image

Discuss.

What is there to discuss, Dude? Irregardless, we want to kick your jort Cracker asses and crow about it afterwards.

The only thing constant in your Bizarro universe, Dork, are your poor grammatical skills.

Btw, calling us Crackers is an appellation of which your low, East Tennessee, sibling lustful upbringing cannot fathom. In order words: We are Crackers. Proud of it. What a freaking Moron you are... :rolleyes:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Alvin York wrote:

... some constant, even the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal would
send you guys "time out". No one can foresee when UT can approach
challenging the Gators .... as you're becoming tied-up with your
budding rivalry with Kentucky.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorStud » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:57 pm

BLUE, BLUE...BLUE, BLUE, BLUE!!!
GatorStud
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 pm

I don't know who gets a bigger hard-on...
York posting on GSMB?
Ox discussing UT?
Or MattM and _____ (fill in the blank)

:lol:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Well, the 40s were pretty lean times for UF.

UF/Tinerc rivalry? Never heard of it.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Yankeetown » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 pm

UF/UT rivalry?

I can't make up my mind ..... anachronism .... oxymoron .... anachronism .... oxymoron ....
Yankeetown
Freshman Gator

Postby Alvin York » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:36 am

Here's the most revealing part of this thread. Tennessee is in the midst of a decade long free fall from grace. We've lost an unprecedented 8 times in a row to the University of Florida. We've even crossed the wrong side of the line of mediocrity.

Yet GSMB members including Moderate Ox make endless threads and responses belying their deep dread and paranoia of the Tennessee Volunteers. It's simply astounding! What in the hell are you so afraid of? UT is a below par SEC team with a string of embarrassing inept head coaches that surfaced after the firing of Phil Fulmer.

I suspect the lion's share of you have never forgotten about your Daddies' warnings concerning those Devils up in the Volunteer state of Tennessee. Sooner or later those hill folks are going to rise up and walk all over your worthless reptile hides. You're just biding time until that paradigm shift that will put us back on top of the mountain looking down on you.

I'll be there when it happens and Allah save you from my Devil's own verbal retribution.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum