Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Flaglergator, Gatorbythebay, Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, itsgr82baflagator, Jabberdave, JimtheGator, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, UFever, WobbleGator and 54 guests

scUM Goes Down

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

scUM Goes Down

Postby NVGator » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm

At Wake Forest by 15. They get Va. Tech at home before heading to Duke next Saturday.

When was the last time you saw a fan base rush the court after beating scUM?

:lol:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Re: scUM Goes Down

Postby vulcan_alex » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Good and I home again at Duke, the fools at CBS insist that this does not remove from being a one seed. Now they say there are more than four that might be number 1 and that I agree with.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Wonder if their board is freaking out like most on here Tuesday.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:17 pm

NVGator wrote:At Wake Forest by 15. They get Va. Tech at home before heading to Duke next Saturday.

When was the last time you saw a fan base rush the court after beating scUM?

:lol:

Glad to hear that "NV". If you had a hand in it, keep doing such.
They're so over-loved by pundits, only losing will cause PR desertion.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby NVGator » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:55 pm

MatthewM. wrote:Wonder if their board is freaking out like most on here Tuesday.

No, more like when we lost to Arky on the road. scUM was down 19 at one point in this game. They were spanked from the beginning.

Tuesday was more like the Zona game. Neither should have been losses.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:27 pm

NVGator wrote:
MatthewM. wrote:Wonder if their board is freaking out like most on here Tuesday.

No, more like when we lost to Arky on the road. scUM was down 19 at one point in this game. They were spanked from the beginning.

Tuesday was more like the Zona game. Neither should have been losses.

They probably aren't because they have like 7 real fans and they have no expectations. UF fans have unrealistic expectations which good coaches really want. Any coach/player/program would take unrealistic expectations over no expectations. It was either coach K or Roy Williams, who was asked a few weeks ago about "unrealistic expectations" and they basically said yes, they like them, because otherwise you have no expectations. He said, Unrealistic expectations means you are the top dog and you have made it, or something to that nature. UK/Duke/Kansas fans etc think they should win every game...why not UF too? Aside from maybe Indiana, UF when healthy, should beat any team in the country on a neutral court...and they can beat IU too.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Have you seen their pathetic fan base? I doubt they have a board.
oxrageous

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:38 pm

The University of Miami may be the greatest anomaly of our time. Several national titles in football and yet no fanbase. A great basketball team this season and yet does anyone care? Hello, anyone home? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yet I know it's a credible institution because I see evidence all the time. The law school is outstanding and so are several other of the UM departments. Hell, I even give Michael Irvin credit for all the blow he's come up with over time.

Maybe it's the proximity to Cuba.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:23 am

True I forgot that 95% of their fan base spends all of their money on a dope swag car with some rims and the next sequel in the call of duty franchise. They likely don't have a computer and god knows they've never seen the inside of a public library. My bad.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby NoVa Gator » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:49 am

We went own a few times ourshelves.
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:30 pm

To have a board, you would need actual fans who could read and write. That leaves almost all of the scUM "fans" out.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

U. of Miami basketball has a new slogan "Forty Minutes of L." The "L" of course is in reference to head coach Jim Larranaga. It is a take-off on the "Forty Minutes of Hell" made famous by Nolan Richardson and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

When Miami reverts back to its losing ways, I can see T-shirts emblazoned with that slogan becoming collector's items. The "L" can also stand for "Losing".

"Forty Minutes of Losing".

The scUm goes down.
Last edited by Okeechobee Joe on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby GatoradeNE1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Let's see if I have this straight. The University of Miami is branded as the U for University (and not M for Miami), and their basketball is known for '40 minutes of L', which is commonly known as "loser" in pop culture?
GatoradeNE1
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:54 pm

You got it!
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby TommyGator » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:58 pm

In my own mind, I KNOW that Dona ShalLayLow went down on Bill AND Hillary...
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 pm

NoVa Gator wrote:We went own a few times ourshelves.

You drunk again? What would this board do without your nuggets of wisdom? :rolleyes:
oxrageous

Postby born2beagator » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:58 pm

40 Minutes of L????

You must be joking. Did they really have no clue how easily this could be taken and made solid gold joke?
Alvin York wrote:
We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
born2beagator
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:Image

U. of Miami basketball has a new slogan "Forty Minutes of L." The "L" of course is in reference to head coach Jim Larranaga. It is a take-off on the "Forty Minutes of Hell" made famous by Nolan Richardson and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

When Miami reverts back to its losing ways, I can see T-shirts emblazoned with that slogan becoming collector's items. The "L" can also stand for "Losing".

"Forty Minutes of Losing".

The scUm goes down.

It's all 'bout the L.[/inmyeyes,canething]

FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Let's hope they all get "L" tattoos .. the forehead's a wide open canvas.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Return to Gatorsports Forum