Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 28 guests

Barkley confirms post bowl game squabble at USCw

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Barkley confirms post bowl game squabble at USCw

Postby GatorInGeorgia » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:44 pm

This program was already in trouble but Kiffin is in the process of killing and burying it for a long time to come. He's toxic, plain and simple. While locker room squabbles happen at other programs, I have to believe his antics foster this type of environment and behavior from his players. The questions now are how much longer does he have as head coach at SC and does any other college take a chance on him after he's run out of LA. Discuss.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/form ... oss-022213
GatorInGeorgia
True Gator

Re: Barkley confirms post bowl game squabble at USCw

Postby vulcan_alex » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:29 pm

Not much here to discuss, but I bet that there is an emotional activities after being beat. Now blame is not that good of a thing but we have seen Tebow have an emotional reaction after loosing, but he showed leadership in public and basically blamed himself. Result it a famous speech, results at USC are yet to be seen but probably not as positive or famous.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby MJMGator » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:17 pm

GatorInGeorgia wrote:This program was already in trouble but Kiffin is in the process of killing and burying it for a long time to come. He's toxic, plain and simple. While locker room squabbles happen at other programs, I have to believe his antics foster this type of environment and behavior from his players. The questions now are how much longer does he have as head coach at SC and does any other college take a chance on him after he's run out of LA. Discuss.

They're stuck with Kiffey until the probation is over. None of the top coaches in the country would want to deal with the scholarship limitations they are suffering through right now.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:33 pm

There will be those (include Barkley) who will say that this occurs
after all losses. Sure, but some specifics, the intensity, and the
content and targets can reach dismantling effects.
Dismantling effects are what I envision Kiffin brings.

Remember, the majority of those players are junior-seniors and they
know post-season protocol. They surely felt shame for their school,
their team shirking that Sun Bowl extravaganza dinner ceremony =
despicable, out of control behavior and disdain for traditions of
all post-season INVITES !

Heck, the bulk-volume of the post-loss shouting probly came from
"Kiffy-boy" on his back on the floor pitching a tantrum. :neutral:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorInGeorgia » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:36 pm

rogdochar wrote:There will be those (include Barkley) who will say that this occurs
after all losses. Sure, but some specifics, the intensity, and the
content and targets can reach dismantling effects.
Dismantling effects are what I envision Kiffin brings.

Remember, the majority of those players are junior-seniors and they
know post-season protocol. They surely felt shame for their school,
their team shirking that Sun Bowl extravaganza dinner ceremony =
despicable, out of control behavior and disdain for traditions of
all post-season INVITES !

Heck, the bulk-volume of the post-loss shouting probly came from
"Kiffy-boy" on his back on the floor pitching a tantrum. :neutral:

:lol: :lol:
GatorInGeorgia
True Gator

Postby GatorInGeorgia » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 pm

vulcan_alex wrote:Not much here to discuss, but I bet that there is an emotional activities after being beat. Now blame is not that good of a thing but we have seen Tebow have an emotional reaction after loosing, but he showed leadership in public and basically blamed himself. Result it a famous speech, results at USC are yet to be seen but probably not as positive or famous.

I don't see the parallel between what Tebow did and the blame game in the SC locker room. As you correctly noted, Tebow publicly took responsibility for the loss, he didn't point fingers at his teammates and he publicly vowed that he would work his tail off to make himself and his teammates better. The results speak for themselves, whereas the SC situation was just the opposite-behind closed doors, finger pointing and blame from one teammate to another (and most likely coaches laying the blame on players as Kiffin did earlier in the season when he blamed Barkley) no one publicly stepping up like Tebow did, etc., etc., etc.
GatorInGeorgia
True Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Allow a USC undeluded fan set this right :

In the past few weeks, Lane Kiffin has succeeded in moving himself to the top of 2 coaching lists. He's firmly on top of both the "Most Overrated" and "Classless Coaches" lists. With all the competition out there from the likes of Bobby Petrino, Tommy Tubberville, etc. that's quite a feat.
Bobby Petrino, Tommy Tubberville, etc. that's quite a feat.

Can't be said enough. However 'Kiffitz' will start next season pointing
out the dishonorable actions of other HCs. Plus probly a 'mudsling' at
the entire SEC.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby vulcan_alex » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:14 pm

GatorInGeorgia wrote:
vulcan_alex wrote:Not much here to discuss, but I bet that there is an emotional activities after being beat. Now blame is not that good of a thing but we have seen Tebow have an emotional reaction after loosing, but he showed leadership in public and basically blamed himself. Result it a famous speech, results at USC are yet to be seen but probably not as positive or famous.

I don't see the parallel between what Tebow did and the blame game in the SC locker room. As you correctly noted, Tebow publicly took responsibility for the loss, he didn't point fingers at his teammates and he publicly vowed that he would work his tail off to make himself and his teammates better. The results speak for themselves, whereas the SC situation was just the opposite-behind closed doors, finger pointing and blame from one teammate to another (and most likely coaches laying the blame on players as Kiffin did earlier in the season when he blamed Barkley) no one publicly stepping up like Tebow did, etc., etc., etc.

I agree the only thing that is the same is the emotion, like many things it is not the thing that matters, but rather your response to it.

So as an example if you are poor and think that it is due to other people and you could never be anything but poor (or a drug dealer), that is different than if you believe that hard work, learning etc can lead to a better life.

I am sorry if I was not clear enough.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby gatordad3 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:44 am

MJMGator wrote:
GatorInGeorgia wrote:This program was already in trouble but Kiffin is in the process of killing and burying it for a long time to come. He's toxic, plain and simple. While locker room squabbles happen at other programs, I have to believe his antics foster this type of environment and behavior from his players. The questions now are how much longer does he have as head coach at SC and does any other college take a chance on him after he's run out of LA. Discuss.

They're stuck with Kiffey until the probation is over. None of the top coaches in the country would want to deal with the scholarship limitations they are suffering through right now.

Before Kiffin was hired, it seemed like no top coach wanted that job. When USC called Jack Del Rio, there were 3 other coaches who turned them down. Look for Del Rio's name to be called again for the USC job, but as 2nd or 3rd choice.
gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:33 am

What do people expect from this fool, I mean tool, umm I mean yes! Absolute Pathetic as a head coach, person, and leader.

"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby WhoGator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:13 am

rogdochar wrote:In the past few weeks, Lane Kiffin has succeeded in moving himself to the top of 2 coaching lists. He's firmly on top of both the "Most Overrated" and "Classless Coaches" lists. With all the competition out there from the likes of Bobby Petrino, Tommy Tubberville, etc. that's quite a feat.

He's been on the top of both lists for quite a few years now.

MJMGator wrote:They're stuck with Kiffey until the probation is over. None of the top coaches in the country would want to deal with the scholarship limitations they are suffering through right now.

If Penn State can get a coach, the condoms can. Based on his past history, look for Pat Haden to wait until Lame does something really stupid (again) during fall practice and he will fire him just before the season starts. Pretty stupid method if you ask me, but I'm not a Rhodes scholar. He's done it for both basketball and baseball and with an interim, it gives him an entire season to promote/interview/fill the job. It won't be with his first or second choice, but it seems to be his MO.
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby Kurtis Lowe » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 am

How/why anyone would hire Lame Kiffin is beyond me.

No mercy for USC. Bury them.
Because the ACC just doesn't prepare you.
Kurtis Lowe
All-American Gator

Postby gatorspook » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am

Layla said that one on one, he can talk anybody into anything.
gatorspook

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:53 am

Kiffen gonna Kiff
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Right now it's a 'kifficult' situation. Once, ready for 'successflex' out
from under sanctions, USC will return to the 'kiffless' program so
typical of them.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatorspook » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:57 pm

rogdochar wrote:Right now it's a 'kifficult' situation. Once, ready for 'successflex' out
from under sanctions, USC will return to the 'kiffless' program so
typical of them.

I understood that.. :cool:
gatorspook

Postby law98gator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 pm

You know that's a problem, right?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby NoGaGator » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Spook -

Can you send me some of those buds so that I can?
NoGaGator
All-American Gator

Postby gatorspook » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 am

NoGaGator wrote:Spook -

Can you send me some of those buds so that I can?

You are assuming that Rotodog can be instantly translated with the use of hallucinogenics.
gatorspook

Postby NoGaGator » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:09 am

Well point taken...or is that Point taken well for Rogdospeak?
NoGaGator
All-American Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum