Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, ShowMeLove, swampfuel and 30 guests

The Boise-to-a-conference saga

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

The Boise-to-a-conference saga

Postby gatorspook » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:51 pm

This is really good. It's kind of long but really a great piece. It details all of the back-room dealings with the Big East, etc. Personally I printed it and read it later...but it's well worth while.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/01/06/2402609/how-boise-state-ended-up-staying.html
gatorspook

Re: The Boise-to-a-conference saga

Postby MJMGator » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Pretty crazy business the whole thing has become. I think the Broncos came out smelling like a rose on this one...along with the Mountain West.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorspook » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:28 pm

MJMGator wrote:Pretty crazy business the whole thing has become. I think the Broncos came out smelling like a rose on this one...along with the Mountain West.

Boise seems to have kept their heads. This was obviously from a Boise point of view, but still, I think they did well.
gatorspook

Postby law98gator » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:42 pm

The Blueberries looked at the new "big" east, saw it was no better than the New WAC, and decided there was no reason to leave.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby URGatorBait » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 am

law98gator wrote:The Blueberries looked at the new "big" east, saw it was no better than the New WAC, and decided there was no reason to leave.

Not to mention that it geographically made almost no sense whatsoever.

If geography didn't matter for them, they would have been better off calling up the ACC and SEC as each conference was expanding, obviously the ACC would be more likely when only considering the two.
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorspook » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:19 am

URGatorBait wrote:
law98gator wrote:The Blueberries looked at the new "big" east, saw it was no better than the New WAC, and decided there was no reason to leave.

Not to mention that it geographically made almost no sense whatsoever.

If geography didn't matter for them, they would have been better off calling up the ACC and SEC as each conference was expanding, obviously the ACC would be more likely when only considering the two.

They would have been Hawaii without the incentive to go play there.

It's still all about money though.
gatorspook

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 pm

SEC sees Boise as a waste of money.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:50 pm

URGatorBait wrote: they would have been better off calling up the ACC and SEC as each conference was expanding, obviously the ACC would be more likely when only considering the two.

The Blueberries? To the SEC? Ain't nobody got time for that. They would have one tenth of the viewing audience of Cowbell or a quarter of WVU's. The SEC wouldn't consider them.... ever.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby URGatorBait » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 pm

law98gator wrote:
URGatorBait wrote: they would have been better off calling up the ACC and SEC as each conference was expanding, obviously the ACC would be more likely when only considering the two.

The Blueberries? To the SEC? Ain't nobody got time for that. They would have one tenth of the viewing audience of Cowbell or a quarter of WVU's. The SEC wouldn't consider them.... ever.

I didn't say the SEC would.

I said Boise State would have been better off themselves calling up the ACC and SEC, than the Big Least, if geography was of no issue.

I said nothing of either conference actually accepting them, as we know the SEC would probably never.....but the ACC would consider it.
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum