Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dz_23, gatordad3, GatorOwls, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gov C Tyree, GulfG8r, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot], Yankeetown, Zambo and 63 guests

The Johnny Football party doesn't stop

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Postby Gatorious » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:47 pm

February 10, 2013

A week after living it up at the Super Bowl in New Orleans, Johnny Manziel decided to stick around for the city's signature event.

Mardi Gras.

Pictures surfaced this weekend across social media of the Heisman Trophy winner enjoying his extended stay in the Crescent City.

But Manziel was not alone, hanging out with a posse of "Who's who" of SEC standout football players.

The pictures included Manziel with Mississippi linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche, LSU running back Jeremy Hill and Mississippi State defensive end Torey Dale.

"Me and @jmanziel2 my Heisman brother!" Nkemdiche posted on his Twitter page. "Mardi grassss!!!!!!"

"Snapping it up in the city wit my boy Denzel and @jmanziel2 #mardigras," Hill tweeted.

Unlike his postgame Cotton Bowl party, where pictures of Manziel holding a bottle of champagne in a Dallas night club, the 20-year-old Texas A&M QB was only caught with a tacky hat and a ton of beads during his stay on Bourbon Street.
-
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/02/10 ... eedID=3742
grip
a. Intellectual hold; understanding: a good grip on French history.
b. Ability to function properly or well; competence: getting a grip on the new technique.
c. Mental or emotional composure: lost his grip after he was fired.
Gatorious
All-American Gator

Re: The Johnny Football party doesn't stop

Postby MatthewM. » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:50 pm

It's nice to see him taking his classes so seriously. Committed to the goal of being a student first and athlete second.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby MJMGator » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:55 pm

MatthewM. wrote:It's nice to see him taking his classes so seriously. Committed to the goal of being a student first and athlete second.

Jealous?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I admit that I am! :embarrassed:
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Mus_champ11 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:10 pm

It's not right that Texas A&M is having a huge marketing push to
cash in on Manziel. I read about it just before he won the heisman. They were about to implement a national marketing campaign entitled "Johnny Football". For example, billboards of "Johnny Football" in Times Square New York. And that's just a tiny part of this marketing plan.

Obviously its not good for Manziel becuase he is just a kid. I would not be
surprised if his grades suck. It doesnot matter, A&M will find a way to keep
him eligible. They are making a fortune off this kid. I think the whole
thing is disgusting.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:37 pm

This kid has some skills, but get real...he won't be playing on Sundays. He better marry well, or get an education, life is coming.

Enjoy the ride, but be prepared. He's got the first part down.
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Just trying to make the best of it in the real world.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:43 pm

MJMGator wrote:
MatthewM. wrote:It's nice to see him taking his classes so seriously. Committed to the goal of being a student first and athlete second.

Jealous?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I admit that I am! :embarrassed:

fvck yeah i am...i'd be living it up to :lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby kcgator » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:17 pm

You people suck. Nothing wrong with what this kid is doing. Just because your lives are miserable doesn't mean other people shouldn't have fun. :rolleyes:
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:06 pm

kcgator wrote:You people suck. Nothing wrong with what this kid is doing. Just because your lives are miserable doesn't mean other people shouldn't have fun. :rolleyes:

I'm a believer of "equal nights". So, yeah, he should stay home. :madevil:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby tillsb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:13 pm

kcgator wrote:You people suck. Nothing wrong with what this kid is doing. Just because your lives are miserable doesn't mean other people shouldn't have fun. :rolleyes:

Sure does and I won't change...one day I hope you are all miserable too....nothing personal.
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby kcgator » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 pm

tillsb wrote:

Sure does and I won't change...one day I hope you are all miserable too....nothing personal.

:lol:
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorspook » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 pm

I used to tell my kids...work is your job. Do well at your job and you will have some slack on the fun time. Don't do well, and there will be no fun. That's the way life is really.
gatorspook

Postby Class of '78 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm

There's something about a quarterback who dazzles, wins a ton of games and parties like there's no tomorrow, thumbing his nose at conventional wisdom the whole time. Namath did it. Stabler did it. I'm sure there are five others I'm not thinking of who did, too.

Manziel, if he doesn't screw this up, is on his way to the most amazing 10-12 years one can imagine. Yeah, I'm jealous of this guy.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Yep...I'm jealous of a college student who apparently doesn't really have to go to class and who will probably never struggle finding a job and who just gets to party all the time. Life is grand for the big name college football player.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby malo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:05 pm

I did all the same sings...you have to live up college you only get to do it right once.
malo
Freshman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:Yep...I'm jealous of a college student who apparently doesn't really have to go to class and who will probably never struggle finding a job and who just gets to party all the time. Life is grand for the big name college football player.

Being a total dork, not particularly cute, a bad student, and having no talent in sports, music, or anything else.....I must say it never kept me from trying to live the life.

Funny thing was I always tried to be cool and never was. Then I realized that clueless works better anyway.
gatorspook

Postby Wait ’til next year » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:58 am

gatorspook wrote:I used to tell my kids...work is your job. Do well at your job and you will have some slack on the fun time. Don't do well, and there will be no fun. That's the way life is really.

Agreed however, tell that to the 50% of "americans" who do not pay taxes... they wouldn't hear ya anyways... too busy talking on their obango cell phones... :angry:
"When the people fear their government, there is TYRANNY; when the government fears the people, there is LIBERTY" -- Thomas Jefferson
Wait ’til next year
Heisman Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:21 am

Class of '78 wrote:There's something about a quarterback who dazzles, wins a ton of games and parties like there's no tomorrow, thumbing his nose at conventional wisdom the whole time. Namath did it. Stabler did it. I'm sure there are five others I'm not thinking of who did, too.

Manziel, if he doesn't screw this up, is on his way to the most amazing 10-12 years one can imagine. Yeah, I'm jealous of this guy.

Rexy did it...even before big games against the packers :lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 am

-THE DUDE- wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:There's something about a quarterback who dazzles, wins a ton of games and parties like there's no tomorrow, thumbing his nose at conventional wisdom the whole time. Namath did it. Stabler did it. I'm sure there are five others I'm not thinking of who did, too.

Rexy did it...even before big games against the packers :lol:

Lol, Rex always played Green Bay as if he was high. Not sure, though, what Cutler's been on. Must be some strong stuff. :(
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:Yep...I'm jealous of a college student who apparently doesn't really have to go to class and who will probably never struggle finding a job and who just gets to party all the time. Life is grand for the big name college football player.

It's more hilarious because he looks like such a dork. If that dude were studying computer science, girls wouldn't look twice at him.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum