Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gatorJ, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, no1g8r and 39 guests

Tennessee Cops Order OSU Buckeye Sticker Removed From Car

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Tennessee Cops Order OSU Buckeye Sticker Removed From Car

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:19 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1531928-police-pull-over-ohio-state-fan-after-mistaking-buckeye-for-marijuana-symbol

Thought it was a marijuana leaf. You know the Buckeye decal that Ohio State players wear on the back of their helmets and is a symbol of that school?

Seems this 65 year old woman and her hussband who were Ohio State fans were traveling through Tennessee near Memphis when the police pulled them over. For what? The police thought the buckeye decal was a marijuana plant and that the said vehicle and its occupants were some way involved in illegal drug trafficking.

The police told the woman, who was the driver, to remove the sticker from her car. The woman who has been the president of the Ohio State University Alumni Association of the Dallas-Fort Worth area refused. Apparently she told the Tennessee police to shove it and continued on her way back to Texas.

A few things:

1) Smoking dope may be illegal in Tennessee, but I didn't think driving a car with a marijuana decal on it was illegal.

2) If you were involved in illegal drug trafficking why would you go driving through Tennessee with a sticker on your car saying in effect, "Hey arrest me I'm smoking marijuana?"

2) The police in Tennessee need to learn how to better identify marijuana plants so they can more effectively do their job of keeping marijuana out of the Volunteer state.

3) Maybe the Tennessee police really knew what they were doing all along and just don't like Ohio State fans driving through their state and just used the marijuana thing as a ruse to harass some Bucknuts.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Re: Tennessee Cops Order OSU Buckeye Sticker Removed From Car

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:21 pm

:facepalm:
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Hoosier Gator » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:25 pm

To me it makes sense, you'd have to be high to be an Ohio State fan. :lol:
Hoosier Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Her reply totally stumped the cops.
She said decalafragillisticexpealadocious.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby scmike » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:52 pm

Good on the TN cops.
scmike
Senior Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 pm

The Tennessee people have the foresight to utilize the same competence shown in their athletic department throughout their entire state government, it seems.
gatorspook

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:55 pm

helmet stickers are still panzy stuff

it's like in kindergarten when you pee in the toilet and not in your pants...you get a sticker
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby DaddyGator » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Those past OSU players, they'da done better if they put stickers
on their arms instead of "traded-for" tattoos. Plus those stickers
could cover their PED-punctures.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:34 pm

DaddyGator wrote:Image

Proof positive. ;)
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby TommyGator » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 am

Only "Champions" get to wear the cannabis!

Move her to the back table and feed her hotdogs! The no talent blitch!
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator98MD » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:19 pm

those cops must not be urban meyer fans.
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby Maxxodd » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 pm

DaddyGator wrote:Image

That's really good. Love the cash and car stickers. I assume the little tribal symbols are tattoo stickers.
Maxxodd
True Gator

Postby UFever » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Urbs will fit in fine there. He's tapped into the cannibas recruiting pipeline, so to speak.
UFever
Heisman Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 pm

I live in TN and might email the govenor to get to the bottom of this. If it is true, there are not too many police with black SUV's and body armor around here. There is a pipeline for drugs along I40 and there is a speed trap just East of Memphis.

As a citizen of TN we need to find out who these folks were and take corrective action.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby Alvin York » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:40 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1531928-police-pull-over-ohio-state-fan-after-mistaking-buckeye-for-marijuana-symbol

Thought it was a marijuana leaf. You know the Buckeye decal that Ohio State players wear on the back of their helmets and is a symbol of that school?

Seems this 65 year old woman and her hussband who were Ohio State fans were traveling through Tennessee near Memphis when the police pulled them over. For what? The police thought the buckeye decal was a marijuana plant and that the said vehicle and its occupants were some way involved in illegal drug trafficking.

The police told the woman, who was the driver, to remove the sticker from her car. The woman who has been the president of the Ohio State University Alumni Association of the Dallas-Fort Worth area refused. Apparently she told the Tennessee police to shove it and continued on her way back to Texas.

A few things:

1) Smoking dope may be illegal in Tennessee, but I didn't think driving a car with a marijuana decal on it was illegal.

2) If you were involved in illegal drug trafficking why would you go driving through Tennessee with a sticker on your car saying in effect, "Hey arrest me I'm smoking marijuana?"

2) The police in Tennessee need to learn how to better identify marijuana plants so they can more effectively do their job of keeping marijuana out of the Volunteer state.

3) Maybe the Tennessee police really knew what they were doing all along and just don't like Ohio State fans driving through their state and just used the marijuana thing as a ruse to harass some Bucknuts.

Mr. Crump don't allow no Easy Riders round here
Mr. Crump don't allow no Easy Riders round here
and
Tennessee don't allow no reefer madness round here
Tennessee don't allow no reefer madness round here
We don't care what Tennessee don't allow
We gonna smoke weed anyhow
Tennessee don't allow no reefer madness round here.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby vulcan_alex » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:51 pm

Gee Alvin you live in Memphis and make light of this??? Now something does not seem right, I have not seen such at this location so the story might not be correct. I did email the govenor and will post whatever is the reply.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby Alvin York » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:08 am

vulcan_alex wrote:Gee Alvin you live in Memphis and make light of this??? Now something does not seem right, I have not seen such at this location so the story might not be correct. I did email the govenor and will post whatever is the reply.

Not only do I make light of it I just may light one up... for medicinal purposes.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:50 am

vulcan_alex wrote:I live in TN and might email the govenor to get to the bottom of this. If it is true, there are not too many police with black SUV's and body armor around here. There is a pipeline for drugs along I40 and there is a speed trap just East of Memphis.

As a citizen of TN we need to find out who these folks were and take corrective action.

Agreed. Gov. Haslem does need to look into that kinda crap. If there was an indication of profiling?? Geesh. Maybe those officers should be submitted for drug testing themselves for doing something as stupid as that.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Zambo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:08 am

Here's some more wacky weed for ya:
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum