Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angry Narwhal, gatordad3, Google Adsense [Bot], happyhorseranch, Jabberdave, MSNbot Media and 58 guests

Undefeated the rest of the SEC way?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Undefeated the rest of the SEC way?

Postby mrgator » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:47 pm

With Noel down and the Gators regrouping nicely, do you expect the Gators to win out or do you see another stumble and to whom?

I think we win out but I worry about Missouri on the road. They are dangerous because it is on the road, they are playing with a lot of confidence right now and they have already played us once while we still haven't played them with their full compliment of players.

I expect the Gators to finish the regular season with only one more blemish and winning the SEC regular season. I then think we win the SEC tournament and get a number one seed in the NCAA tournament.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Re: Undefeated the rest of the SEC way?

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if we lost at Missouri. Wouldn't be upset, either. We shouldn't lose another game other than that.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:10 pm

Per the Magic 8 Ball, finishing the rest of the regular season without another loss is "very likely."
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby mrgator » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if we lost at Missouri. Wouldn't be upset, either. We shouldn't lose another game other than that.

Same. Especially with Yugette out. I could see that game playing out like Arkansas (but not as bad). I expect Missouri to come out firing and will probably get hot from the three point line. It will go a long way to see how our boys respond this time to adversity on the road.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:46 pm

We will finish it out with W's
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:49 pm

We will have more wins than losses the rest of the way.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby BostonGator84 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:51 pm

# Wins + # Losses = Total # Games Played.

Book it.
BostonGator84
True Gator

Postby rogdochar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:53 pm

mrgator wrote:
Sasquatch Gator wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if we lost at Missouri. Wouldn't be upset, either. We shouldn't lose another game other than that.

Same. Especially with Yugette out. I could see that game playing out like Arkansas (but not as bad). I expect Missouri to come out firing and will probably get hot from the three point line. It will go a long way to see how our boys respond this time to adversity on the road.

I'm thinking "growing" as a team could allow us to come back on any
team that has beaten us. ?? Then onward through all tournament
opponents. A lot depends on the likelihood of Prather exploding as a
remedy for the loss of Yeguette .... and Frazier stepping forth
"just-right" as needed. Sure hoping for it.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gator Fever » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:34 pm

mrgator wrote:With Noel down and the Gators regrouping nicely, do you expect the Gators to win out or do you see another stumble and to whom?

I think we win out but I worry about Missouri on the road. They are dangerous because it is on the road, they are playing with a lot of confidence right now and they have already played us once while we still haven't played them with their full compliment of players.

I expect the Gators to finish the regular season with only one more blemish and winning the SEC regular season. I then think we win the SEC tournament and get a number one seed in the NCAA tournament.

I think we lose at least 1 more SEC game and might lose an SEC Tourney game also to a desparate team. That should still get us a 2 seed which is as good as a 1 seed imo especially if you stay closer to your area.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby mrgator » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:37 pm

rogdochar wrote:
mrgator wrote:

I'm thinking "growing" as a team could allow us to come back on any
team that has beaten us. ?? Then onward through all tournament
opponents. A lot depends on the likelihood of Prather exploding as a
remedy for the loss of Yeguette .... and Frazier stepping forth
"just-right" as needed. Sure hoping for it.

I love seeing Prather step up so far and you are right that he is going to determine how deep our run will be, IMO. Frazier is still making freshman mistakes that are being covered up by the rest of the team but he seems coachable (sp?). I think Frazier is going to be an even bigger "what if" going into both tournaments. If he gets hot during either it will make us very dangerous.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorBart » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Gator Fever wrote:
mrgator wrote:With Noel down and the Gators regrouping nicely, do you expect the Gators to win out or do you see another stumble and to whom?

I think we lose at least 1 more SEC game and might lose an SEC Tourney game also to a desparate team. That should still get us a 2 seed which is as good as a 1 seed imo especially if you stay closer to your area.

That's the one! My magic 8 ball was very hazy, at first telling me to 'try again', then 'concentrate and ask again', then finally it said 'my reply is no'. So there you have it - we will not win out and I suspect we may lose at Mizzou and possibly an SEC tourney game if someone gets hot and we go flat.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum