Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackLabGator, dz_23, gatordad3, GatorOwls, Google Adsense [Bot], Gov C Tyree, GulfG8r, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot], Zambo and 57 guests

USC Fires Coach For NCAA Violations

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

USC Fires Coach For NCAA Violations

Postby The RH Factor » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:19 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/usc-fires- ... caabb.html

Betcha thought it was going to be Kiffin, didn't you!
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Re: USC Fires Coach For NCAA Violations

Postby TN G8tr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:10 am

Not really as this board would be on fire with Kiffen Hate and the Cat would be out of the bag.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby gatordad3 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:24 am

They fire Tim Floyd, the hoops coach, they fire Frank Cruz, along with his 48-63 record, yet Kiffin can't even get the boot even if he wanted to. Pat Haden seems to be dumber than I thought.
gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:38 am

Good for them!! Kitten may follow and I assume if he did the same things he would be gone!!
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:12 am

gatordad3 wrote:They fire Tim Floyd, the hoops coach, they fire Frank Cruz, along with his 48-63 record, yet Kiffin can't even get the boot even if he wanted to. Pat Haden seems to be dumber than I thought.

I think Haden is keeping Kiffin until the scholarship reductions are over. Kiffen will probably get the axe next year.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gulfstream » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:22 am

WobbleGator wrote:
gatordad3 wrote:They fire Tim Floyd, the hoops coach, they fire Frank Cruz, along with his 48-63 record, yet Kiffin can't even get the boot even if he wanted to. Pat Haden seems to be dumber than I thought.

I think Haden is keeping Kiffin until the scholarship reductions are over. Kiffen will probably get the axe next year.

^This, without question.
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
Gulfstream
All-American Gator

Postby WhoGator » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:34 am

This is a joke... I get why they keep Lame, but then I don't. Not after all the secondary violations and embarrassments that idiot has brought the Condoms.
''Adhering to all NCAA rules is paramount for each one of our coaches, student-athletes and staff members,'' Haden said. ''Those who knowingly break NCAA rules are subject to termination.''

Maybe Hayden is waiting until the week before football season starts. That's what he did with basketball and baseball... pretty stupid, I would think.
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby BSJGator » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Bottom line, the guy had a losing record when everything going on in Cali should foster a great USCw baseball team, i.e. weather, talent, facilities, etc. The violations were simply a means to an end. As far as Haden's smarts, he's an attorney (not that in and of itself that means much) but he's also a Rhodes Scholar, which they don't give away for collecting box tops. Hopefully, USCw does great in football this year and then Haden dumps :kiffin: (pun intended) just to prove a point... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby unofficialgator » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 pm

WobbleGator wrote:

This. And they hire Bob Stoops < you heard it hear FIRST
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby WhoGator » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:13 pm

BSJGator wrote:Bottom line, the guy had a losing record when everything going on in Cali should foster a great USCw baseball team, i.e. weather, talent, facilities, etc. The violations were simply a means to an end. As far as Haden's smarts, he's an attorney (not that in and of itself that means much) but he's also a Rhodes Scholar, which they don't give away for collecting box tops. Hopefully, USCw does great in football this year and then Haden dumps :kiffin: (pun intended) just to prove a point... :lol:

After two losing seasons, he could have fired him months ago when the violations came to light, same as Floyd, and then hired a real coach. If waiting until a few days before the respective season starts and then having no other real options but to promote your assistant is the "smart Rhodes scholar" way to go, I'm surprised more AD's don't do it.
Instead of promoting the assistant like Haden did yesterday for baseball and in November for basketball, at least he didn't hire year-long interim like Don Devoe (Gator hoops) or John Smith (Arky football). We know how well those turned out.
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum