Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 12 guests

Uk's Noel out for season

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Uk's Noel out for season

Postby DeathRoll » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Just announced on ESPN.
DeathRoll
Senior Gator

Re: Uk's Noel out for season

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Yea, that pic that was tweeted looks nasty. Couldn't really tell from the ESPN highlights. Tough break for him, hopefully he can fully heal.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby WhoGator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:58 pm

DeathRoll wrote:Just announced on ESPN.

When they said XRays were negative, I thought that was a bad sign because broken bones heal. What was it? Tendons or ligaments?

:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:01 pm

WhoGator wrote:

When they said XRays were negative, I thought that was a bad sign because broken bones heal. What was it? Tendons or ligaments?

So I inform you on how to edit your signature and you still add a chomp to your post? :lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby diehardg8r » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm

ACL is my guess and since everyone is so hush, hush about injuries now I think one should be allowed to speculate.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby kmayergator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Torn ACL
kmayergator
Baby Gator

Postby BMF » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Ooooof!
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby WhoGator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
WhoGator wrote:

So I inform you on how to edit your signature and you still add a chomp to your post? :lol:

I'm good now, thanks. But it went back and added a second Gator to all my old posts ;)
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby GR8R_G8R » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:17 pm

GR8R_G8R
Freshman Gator

Postby mrgator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Poor kid. Never want to see that happen. UK is going to really struggle down the stretch. I could see them losing to UT on the road and to us at Rupp.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby itsgr82baflagator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:21 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
WhoGator wrote:

One can never have enough chomps.
:chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:
itsgr82baflagator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Dugaboy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Too bad; I posted yesterday that this guy is a puzzy and I still think so. He was getting squished by Patric and occasionally - Eric - and he was pizzed! He also fouled Rosario on the injury play, though the AP writer didn't take time to say, "Noel was committing his fourth foul..."

The 6-foot-10 forward was hurt during No. 25 Kentucky's 69-52 loss at No. 7 Florida on Tuesday night. Noel ran into the padded basket support with about eight minutes remaining after blocking Mike Rosario's layup from behind.

He landed awkwardly on the leg, dropped to the floor and started screaming while clutching his knee. The top recruit left the arena in a wheelchair with his leg in a brace and was taken to a hospital for X-rays Tuesday night. The nation's leading shot blocker at 4.5 per game coming in, Noel had eight points, six rebounds and three blocks before getting hurt.

Fk em...injuries are all part of it. UF was waxing UK in spite of the obvious UK pariality of the officiating.

UF is good; TommyGator, I still say don't worry about what happens in Lexington later; we own UK this year. Boooyaaa!!
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Too bad for Noel, love it for Calipari though...
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby WhoGator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Feel bad for the kid... would like to have had the Pussycat fans agonize their loss to the Gators a little longer, but now the game result is minimal to their suffering.

Lines like this from the Can't-ukee scribes make it look like he was the dominant factor in the game and the injury cost them a victory because it sounds like there was still a whole half to be played.
Before leaving the game, Noel had eight points, six rebounds, three blocked shots and a steal in 23 minutes of play.

However, maybe I'm just reading it with orange and blue glasses.
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby WhoGator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:32 pm

itsgr82baflagator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:
WhoGator wrote:

One can never have enough chomps.
:chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:

:thumbsup:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Don't ever like hearing about injuries like this, hope he can make a full recovery and have a career.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby 55GATOR » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Good player..tough break!
55GATOR
Freshman Gator

Postby Flaglergator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:47 pm

The Gator fans showed some class last night, unlike some folks around here..... regardless of whether a foul was called or not, he was hustling on the play
Flaglergator
True Gator

Postby oxrageous » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Does anyone partly blame Rosario for this? The dummy had a guy wide open behind him for an easy dunk and instead tries to lay it in over a guy ten feet tall, ending his season in the process. He needs to be more aware of the people running the lanes around him.

Perhaps the injury would have happened anyway, but that play should have been an easy dunk.
oxrageous

Postby Leroy Jenkins » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:57 pm

oxrageous wrote:Does anyone partly blame Rosario for this? The dummy had a guy wide open behind him for an easy dunk and instead tries to lay it in over a guy ten feet tall, ending his season in the process. He needs to be more aware of the people running the lanes around him.

Perhaps the injury would have happened anyway, but that play should have been an easy dunk.

Was screaming at the TV about this very thing, Ox. Very observant. :madevil: :madevil: :madevil:
Leroy Jenkins
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum