Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The RH Factor and 30 guests

The latest piece on our favorite pro QB

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

The latest piece on our favorite pro QB

Postby gatordad » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:50 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1525 ... ?hpt=hp_t4

For crying out loud, why don't teams want this guy to play for them?

Is it us, his loyal fan base from Hogtown? Does the UF hate include this guy?

Really?
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Re: The latest piece on our favorite pro QB

Postby GatorKen » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:28 pm

when you said our favorite Pro QB I was hoping something else. I like Tebow and want to see him do well. But he is not even close to my favorite Pro QB. He wasn't even my favorite player when he was at UF.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Well that's because Brantley was on the team at the time. Remember when you thought he was going to be better than Tim in 2010?
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Here are some reasons:

Many players are self centered and resent fan appreciation of Tim.
Many coaches have similar positions and won't modify their offense to accomidate Tim's talents.
Many agree with the foolish idea that Tim is popular just because of religion, when it really is that he does good (I agree he does it in the name of his religion).
People like the author think that Tebow played against future accountants???
The SF QB did nothing that his back up could not have done and perhaps without the mistakes he might have won the Super Bowl.

That's all Folks!!!
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:07 pm

MatthewM. wrote:Well that's because Brantley was on the team at the time. Remember when you thought he was going to be better than Tim in 2010?

umm, my favorite players tend to be on defense. My favorite player at that time happened to be Janoris Jenkins who went and did a knuckle headed thing and paid the price for it.

I never said Brantley was going to be a better football player than Tim. But a better QB could have been. I forgot we had a coach who 1- didn't know how to use a QB and 2- quit on UF long before leaving our campus.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm

GatorKen wrote:
MatthewM. wrote:Well that's because Brantley was on the team at the time. Remember when you thought he was going to be better than Tim in 2010?

umm, my favorite players tend to be on defense. My favorite player at that time happened to be Janoris Jenkins who went and did a knuckle headed thing and paid the price for it.

I never said Brantley was going to be a better football player than Tim. But a better QB could have been. I forgot we had a coach who 1- didn't know how to use a QB and 2- quit on UF long before leaving our campus.

Maybe you should pick a player with better morals, it's fairly strange the best player in the Nation wasn't your favorite player and you are a Gator fan? I couldn't wait until game day to see what Tim would do when some adversity was thrown at him, much better than your pick, but hey who knows how these kids act when they are with his friends, I should probably say that JJ was just stupid SMOKE IT AT HOME... I really don't know about his morals,I have o problem with I'm doing weed other than its illegal and against the rules.

Purifoy is from where I live in Pensacola he is or was a good kid, he didn't smoke weed or hang with the wrong crowds, I'm not so sure why he was arrested for weed when it was in the front seat and he was in the rear, I think this will be dropped if it hasn't already been.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:46 pm

:rolleyes:

Despite a horrendous throwing motion, an inability to make the most elementary of reads (including the option), overrated athleticism and nightmarish footwork, Tebow earned the esteemed title of "former first-round pick" when all was said and done.

Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatordad » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:48 pm

GatorKen wrote:when you said our favorite Pro QB I was hoping something else. I like Tebow and want to see him do well. But he is not even close to my favorite Pro QB. He wasn't even my favorite player when he was at UF.

Obviously, I meant our favorite UF QB...but you knew that didn't you?
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 am

I think if they would have just left Tebow alone when it came to his throwing motion it would have helped him. Remember his Heisman year when he was throwing it all over the yard and then people started to cry his motion was a .3 second slower than normal.

The NFL and scouts are so caught up on "if a guy ain't this way, then it's wrong". To short, slow 40, throws different, he came from a different play style, ect. That means they won't make it the NFL to them

Who knows though I wish him the best
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:51 pm

#1GATOR FAN wrote:I think if they would have just left Tebow alone when it came to his throwing motion it would have helped him. Remember his Heisman year when he was throwing it all over the yard and then people started to cry his motion was a .3 second slower than normal.

The NFL and scouts are so caught up on "if a guy ain't this way, then it's wrong". To short, slow 40, throws different, he came from a different play style, ect. That means they won't make it the NFL to them

It really doesn't matter what his throwing motion is like...it's just plain and simple that he can't read defenses well enough for teams to make him their starting QB. I will always be a big fan of Tebow but it's time to just call a spade a spade and that he will never be great at reading defenses and throwing to spots on a field, on time, to a receiver that hasn't gotten open yet. Now MAYBE...if he got on a team that wanted to run something similar to SF's offense he might be able to succeed but their offense succeeds because Colin K has a great arm and can really throw the ball well.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby AugustaGator » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Matt, what is she saying?
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:52 pm

AugustaGator wrote:

With her right hand she says "I'm Olivia Wilde". With her left hand, I have no idea. I got distracted 50 times in a row.

ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby Scott512 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:27 am

-THE DUDE- wrote:
#1GATOR FAN wrote:I think if they would have just left Tebow alone when it came to his throwing motion it would have helped him. Remember his Heisman year when he was throwing it all over the yard and then people started to cry his motion was a .3 second slower than normal.

It really doesn't matter what his throwing motion is like...it's just plain and simple that he can't read defenses well enough for teams to make him their starting QB. I will always be a big fan of Tebow but it's time to just call a spade a spade and that he will never be great at reading defenses and throwing to spots on a field, on time, to a receiver that hasn't gotten open yet. Now MAYBE...if he got on a team that wanted to run something similar to SF's offense he might be able to succeed but their offense succeeds because Colin K has a great arm and can really throw the ball well.

Dude, Tim Tebow has already succeeded in the NFL against all odds and with his deficiencies! Check his record. Check his 4th quarter rating. Check his TD passes to INT #'s, clutchness, playmaking ability, ability to throw the bomb, ability to lead a team, ability to turn around a team and his ability to avoid turnovers. Oh yeah also check out Tebow's NFL playoff record setting passing performance against the Steelers with their #1 pass defense. Tebow has proven he can play and win in the NFL even with so many people against him such as with Denver his own team last year.

Yes Tebow needs alot of improvement in reading defenses, throwing to spots etc. But the truth is he has succeeded with mediocre teammates and less than mediocre coaching. The only reason Tebow didn't spark the Jets this year is because the idiot coach wanted to protect Sanchez. There is doubt if Tebow could succeed in running a tradtional NFL offense. But there is no doubt Tebow would thrive and succeed playing in the same read option system Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson play in. That system is tailor made for Timmy.
Last edited by Scott512 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 am

ShowMeLove wrote:
AugustaGator wrote:

With her right hand she says "I'm Olivia Wilde". With her left hand, I have no idea. I got distracted 50 times in a row.

I'm Olivia Wilde, welcome to the GQ comedy edition.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Scott512 wrote:
-THE DUDE- wrote:

Dude, Tim Tebow has already succeeded in the NFL against all odds and with his deficiencies! Check his record. Check his 4th quarter rating. Check his TD passes to INT #'s, clutchness, playmaking ability, ability to throw the bomb, ability to lead a team, ability to turn around a team and his ability to avoid turnovers. Oh yeah also check out Tebow's NFL playoff record setting passing performance against the Steelers with their #1 pass defense. Tebow has proven he can play and win in the NFL even with so many people against him such as with Denver his own team last year.

Yes Tebow needs alot of improvement in reading defenses, throwing to spots etc. But the truth is he has succeeded with mediocre teammates and less than mediocre coaching. The only reason Tebow didn't spark the Jets this year is because the idiot coach wanted to protect Sanchez. There is doubt if Tebow could succeed in running a tradtional NFL offense. But there is no doubt Tebow would thrive and succeed playing in the same read option system Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson play in. That system is tailor made for Timmy.

one season does not make a career in the NFL. I would love for him to get a chance but there is not a GM out there right now that will touch him because of all his deficiencies. Being a great leader and clutch performer isn't enough for teams to take a shot with him. They look at the other three quarters of the game and see one of the worst starting QB's in the league. You can't rely on miraculous comebacks every week for sustained success. Im not saying he can't eventually be a consistently good QB...he just has a lot of work to do and there's currently nobody that is willing to wait on him.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby williston_gator » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:26 pm

MT Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright
Former NYJ QB coach Chi QB coach Matt Cavanaugh said "to be fair to Tim (Tebow), we didn't use it (wildcat package) enough to let him be productive in it."
Last edited by williston_gator on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:38 pm

What audience wants to read articles on Tebow. His fans know it's
gonna get ugly-insulting . And his detractors have bludgeoned him
complete.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorKen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 pm

gatordad wrote:
GatorKen wrote:when you said our favorite Pro QB I was hoping something else. I like Tebow and want to see him do well. But he is not even close to my favorite Pro QB. He wasn't even my favorite player when he was at UF.

Obviously, I meant our favorite UF QB...but you knew that didn't you?

I wasn't sure. I was really hoping it was an NFL QB doing something knuckle headed. (not vick or big ben style but something harmless and silly)

But could have guessed it was about Tebow if I had to. I'm kinda tired of hearing about Tebow myself. Right now he's on a team that doesn't want him and all they want to do is ruin his career it seems. Until something changes then it just seems mute to discuss.

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:04 pm

MatthewM. wrote:
ShowMeLove wrote:Matt, what is she saying?

I'm Olivia Wilde, welcome to the GQ comedy edition.[/quote]

It's a replay of that song :
"16 Tits" ..... "if the right one won't get you, then the left one will."
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby TommyGator » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:14 pm

You are a godless fool.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum