Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, digitalwangsta, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, soflagator, Yahoo [Bot] and 49 guests

Any Idea Why The Jets Haven't Released Tebow Yet?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Any Idea Why The Jets Haven't Released Tebow Yet?

Postby Scott512 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:31 pm

The Giants and other NFL teams have been releasing NFL players for the past week. What are the Jets waiting for, a trade? After ruining Tim Tebow's value a trade is not realistic and the Jets essentially say the Tebow trade last offseason was bad for their team. And Sanchez folded under the spector of Tebow playing behind him so why keep him on your roster when you can cut ties and move on? In essence the Jets screwed Tebow playing him on the punt team and in their lame wildcat scheme and never giving him a chance to rescue the season the way Denver did. The Jets obviously don't like Tebow and I doubt Tim likes them so why don't they just release him and move on? Tim doesn't make much money next season so it can't be cap worries for the Jets.

It's long overdue for Tebow or his agent to speak out about the situation and that may be his only way of being released because it's like Woody Johnson the horrible Jets owner wants to hold onto his Tebow toy or something. :rolleyes:

The worst thing would be for the Jets to release Tebow in April around draft day because most of the backup QB spots will be filled by then. It's time for Tim's agent Jimmy Sexton to earn his money and find Tebow a team for the 2013 NFL season. I think Tebow as a backup in Philadelphia, Tennessee, San Francisco or Seattle is possible.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Re: Any Idea Why The Jets Haven't Released Tebow Yet?

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:43 pm

trade bait? :dunno:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby G8RByte » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:47 pm

WobbleGator wrote:trade bait? :dunno:

My guess too.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby williston_gator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:08 pm

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... 12-sources

Jets to try to trade Tim Tebow

The New York Jets do not plan to release quarterback Tim Tebow before the start of the new league year in March and instead will hold on to him with the hopes that they can trade him, according to league sources.

But there is not expected to be much interest. In fact, one NFL general manager said this week: "I think his career is over without playing another position."

The one team to express interest in Tebow last season, the Jacksonville Jaguars, is no longer interested. After a season with the Jets, Tebow finds that his prospects of starting in the NFL are dim.

"I can't imagine a scenario in which he'll be a Jacksonville Jaguar -- even if he's released," new Jaguars general manager David Caldwell said at his introductory news conference last month.

The first day the Jets would be able to trade Tebow would be March 12, and they want to see if there's any other team out there willing to surrender a mid- to late-round draft pick for the quarterback who helped the Denver Broncos win a playoff game last season.

There are members of the Jets organization who regret not giving Tebow a chance last season to prove whether he could succeed at quarterback.

In all, Tebow was used for just 73 offensive plays for the Jets (6-10) this season.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Scott512 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:48 pm

williston_gator wrote:http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8910115/new-york-jets-cut-tim-tebow-march-12-sources

Jets to try to trade Tim Tebow

The New York Jets do not plan to release quarterback Tim Tebow before the start of the new league year in March and instead will hold on to him with the hopes that they can trade him, according to league sources.

But there is not expected to be much interest. In fact, one NFL general manager said this week: "I think his career is over without playing another position."

The one team to express interest in Tebow last season, the Jacksonville Jaguars, is no longer interested. After a season with the Jets, Tebow finds that his prospects of starting in the NFL are dim.

"I can't imagine a scenario in which he'll be a Jacksonville Jaguar -- even if he's released," new Jaguars general manager David Caldwell said at his introductory news conference last month.

The first day the Jets would be able to trade Tebow would be March 12, and they want to see if there's any other team out there willing to surrender a mid- to late-round draft pick for the quarterback who helped the Denver Broncos win a playoff game last season.

There are members of the Jets organization who regret not giving Tebow a chance last season to prove whether he could succeed at quarterback.

In all, Tebow was used for just 73 offensive plays for the Jets (6-10) this season.

Thanks for the article. The Jets stick it to Tebow again. Even with his passing flaws and Phillip Rivers and other QB's have passing flaws Tebow still has a winning record as a starter and twice as many TD's to INT's in his young career. Tim will regret his decision to go to the Jets for the rest of his NFL career. It''s time for Tebow to start publicly expessing his desire to just be a QB again and to go for the Jets starting QB job next season. Does Tim have the gumption to do that? He should. It will get him cut or traded by the Jets this offseason. The sooner the better. The fact is Tebow is still better an about 20% of the starting QB's in the NFL. Maybe more.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby DCflorida » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:00 pm

He'll win 2 titles in the CFL, ratings and demand for CFL games will reach highest levels ever and rival that of the NFL in some markets, yet the NFL elitists will go on and on about how he cant do it in the league.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby Red D » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:03 pm

His NFL career is over unless he switches positions. It's not right; he never got a fair shake at proving his ability to be a passing QB, but whether we like it or not, he's been labled as a poor pocket passer.

No one will bring him in as a backup because of all the noise his supporters make.
Red D
Senior Gator

Postby williston_gator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 pm

He needs to go to a team with a firmly established starter that way he can learn to play NFL QB without all the talking. He could use a year of no one talking about him. After a year or two of it maybe the starter retires or he gets shown off late and traded.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby BMF » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Any idea why the Jets haven't released Tebow yet?

- They want to prove they are a ****** led organization.
- They have "Tebow-Envy".
- Ryan has a man-crush on Tebow.

No, I really have no idea. Does he have a roster bonus coming?

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby vulcan_alex » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:52 pm

My take is that they are arrogant and mean. They don't want to do anything to perhaps help Tebow be successful because that would mean they are incompetent etc.

Tim will be OK no matter what but I do think it is time to seriously consider changing positions and being the third string QB. The Dolphins had a punter that played tight end and QB as well.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Tim's career has been put in dire straits by Elway > Manning > Jets.
Not only has he zero leverage to influence his Dream-Career, his
Jets episode has put heavy "waits" on the opposing end of the lever.

Severe irony ain't it that NFL-wise Tim has no savior ?

As a NFL observer I have never, in half a century, seen a player shut
out like this. Nor treated more like a pariah, in spite of good behavior.
Doesn't this reveal all that PR on the NFL's "Good" as hypocrisy ? .....
... I mean along with Ray Lewis' selection as ambassador for the NFL ?

This is very sad for Tim Tebow, as well as for all of us who made
Tebow's dream a hope of our own cheering. One where the Good-Guy
wins. :(
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby crosscreekcooter » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Rex has two more years to do as much damage to Tim's career as he possibly can. My guess is his next position with the Jets will be toting the beer carrier in the stands and changing the urinal cakes. I hope during this period of penance the media can find another source for their clicks and Tim does not lose his focus.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Because Rex Ryan has a Tebow tattoo just above his butt crack.
Last edited by GatorTAG on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Scott512 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:24 pm

vulcan_alex wrote:My take is that they are arrogant and mean. They don't want to do anything to perhaps help Tebow be successful because that would mean they are incompetent etc.

Tim will be OK no matter what but I do think it is time to seriously consider changing positions and being the third string QB. The Dolphins had a punter that played tight end and QB as well.

All true. This whole thing is so odd it is hard to believe. Now Tim is stuck with the Jets until they prove to themselves they can't trade him for a late round draft pick. Crazy.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby Scott512 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:01 pm

rogdochar wrote:Tim's career has been put in dire straits by Elway > Manning > Jets.
Not only has he zero leverage to influence his Dream-Career, his
Jets episode has put heavy "waits" on the opposing end of the lever.

Severe irony ain't it that NFL-wise Tim has no savior ?

As a NFL observer I have never, in half a century, seen a player shut
out like this. Nor treated more like a pariah, in spite of good behavior.
Doesn't this reveal all that PR on the NFL's "Good" as hypocrisy ? .....
... I mean along with Ray Lewis' selection as ambassador for the NFL ?

This is very sad for Tim Tebow, as well as for all of us who made
Tebow's dream a hope of our own cheering. One where the Good-Guy
wins. :(

Very sad indeed. Good giys don't always win or get the chance to win in the NFL. It's like Tim has no say and no chance in the NFL. He doesn't deserve this. Maybe he will look to do something else in life becaue this NFL experience for Tebow has been even worse than I could have ever imagined.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby old mossback gator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:38 pm

The Jets are a mess.

If the Jets intended to trade Tebow, they should have played him late in the season last year when winning or losing didn't matter so Tebow could show what he can do and, if he was successful, drive up his trade value.

BUT

the Jets couldn't play Tebow last season because if he played well the Jets coaching staff would have been criticized for not playing Tebow earlier in the season.

+++++

I would like to know how locker room conversations with the Jets' staff get leaked to reporters.

Do you remember the alleged conversation between Tebow and Ryan where Tebow allegedly said that he didn't want to dress out if he wasn't going to play?

Who told that to the press?

It's really, really bad if Tebow can't even have a personal, confidential conversation with Ryan.
old mossback gator
Redshirt Gator

Postby Scott512 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:54 pm

old mossback gator wrote:The Jets are a mess.

If the Jets intended to trade Tebow, they should have played him late in the season last year when winning or losing didn't matter so Tebow could show what he can do and, if he was successful, drive up his trade value.

BUT

the Jets couldn't play Tebow last season because if he played well the Jets coaching staff would have been criticized for not playing Tebow earlier in the season.

+++++

I would like to know how locker room conversations with the Jets' staff get leaked to reporters.

Do you remember the alleged conversation between Tebow and Ryan where Tebow allegedly said that he didn't want to dress out if he wasn't going to play?

Who told that to the press?

It's really, really bad if Tebow can't even have a personal, confidential conversation with Ryan.

The Jets are unprofessional all the way around. Leaking info about Tebow trying to make him look bad and look like a bad teammate. It is dumbfounding to not play Tebow at QB for a game or 2 to try to increase his trade value yet they want to trade Tim instead of release him. Crazy. :?
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Just goes to prove once again that the J-E-T-S are A.F.U.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby RonBurgundy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 pm

It stinks, but don't cry for Tim Tebow. If any professional football player can handle this situation with dignity and class it's Mr. Tebow. He knows there's a lot more to life than pleasing someone like Rex Ryan. His faith will keep him strong through tests like this. Watch and read. You won't hear him complain or belittle those who choose to doubt him. He'll be fine.
RonBurgundy
Baby Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 pm

You're right about Tim handling it that way. As much I would hate for him to have to sit in NY another season, it would be so sweet to see every QB in the Jets organization to go down with an injury. Rex would have no choice to play Tim. Tim goes on a run and takes the J-E-R-K-S , hmm I mean Jets to the playoffs and Super Bowl and wins. Then the Jets front office fire Rex for being a dumb-azz. Rex then goes to BSPN to work a show with Mary Hoge.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum