Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clawhammergator, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Jabberdave, JimtheGator, MSNbot Media, ReelGatorDoc, Swamp Queen, WobbleGator and 56 guests

Here come spring sports!

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Here come spring sports!

Postby cuuf » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:21 am

Heck of a start for the ladies
- Softball heads to west coast to take names, with wins over the #3, #5, #13 ranked teams. Nice way to start with a freshman loaded team.
- Lacrosse travels to North Carolina to impose their will over the #5 ranked team.
- Of course the lady gymnastics extract revenge over the crimson tide, with a dominating performance by gymnastics standards.

Hope the ladies keep the trend up through the spring. Looking forward to the baseball team start on Firday!
Who cares anymore
cuuf
Heisman Gator

Re: Here come spring sports!

Postby Jabberdave » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:23 am

Baseball on Friday! :cool:
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby Scott512 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 pm

It seems like every year Gator spring sports bails out the underacheving Gator fall sports and this year is no different. Go Gators. And it's time for the Lady Gators to step up besides the Lady Gators tennis team.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby dz_23 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Jabberdave wrote:Baseball on Friday! :cool:

^this..

cant wait for friday..egos gone (a bunch of talent btw)..looking forward to seeing some young guns playing for fun and pride without the preseason hype, not to mention crawford and whitson anchoring the rotation..
dz_23
Heisman Gator

Postby BMF » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Love our spring sports!

On another note, I live in Arlington, VA. Last summer, less than a 1/2 mile from my front door, a nice new baseball field & stadium was put in. I thought it was for the local HS...turns out it's George Washington University's new baseball complex. It seats about 400 fans. Very, very nice. I know it's not UF (or SEC) baseball...but it's college baseball walking distance from my front door. I'm looking forward to attending a few games this spring.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:41 pm

Do we have a good baseball team this year?
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby cuuf » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Should be a solid team. Just alot of new faces on the baseball team. Pitching and defense will be strong, but offense will now be small ball, get someone on base, bunt, steal, etc. No more going yard. In retrospect, I think it will be better if we get back to Omaha, since that appears to be the style of play needed to win in that park.
Who cares anymore
cuuf
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:23 pm

cuuf wrote:Should be a solid team. Just alot of new faces on the baseball team. Pitching and defense will be strong, but offense will now be small ball, get someone on base, bunt, steal, etc. No more going yard. In retrospect, I think it will be better if we get back to Omaha, since that appears to be the style of play needed to win in that park.

I like that kind of baseball. Takes strategy and great coaching.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorlaw92 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Great to see gators trumpeting teams other than just football and men's hoop!! The gators' greatest greatness is its all-around athletic program's elite national status, arguably the best athletics program. UF won the first 2 capital one cups for best men's athletics program in the country, we win the sec all-sports trophy every year, and are the only school to finish top-10 all 29 years of the directos' cup national all-sports comp. We have national team titles in 12 different sports etc., etc. I don't know why Gators don't argue this more. As an obvious analogy, what is, academically, a better school, one that is elite only in ONLY engineering, or one that is elite in engineering AND mba AND Law AND medicine etc?!!
Gatorlaw92
Senior Gator

Postby Vatgator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:03 pm

The only spring sport that matters is spring football. The only winter sport that matters is NSD
Vatgator
True Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Vatgator wrote:The only spring sport that matters is spring football. The only winter sport that matters is NSD

Wrong
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WhoGator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Vatgator wrote:The only spring sport that matters is spring football. The only winter sport that matters is NSD

Then don't torture yourself... stay off the non-football threads and we will all be happier.

:chomp:
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby Scott512 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Gatorlaw92 wrote:Great to see gators trumpeting teams other than just football and men's hoop!! The gators' greatest greatness is its all-around athletic program's elite national status, arguably the best athletics program. UF won the first 2 capital one cups for best men's athletics program in the country, we win the sec all-sports trophy every year, and are the only school to finish top-10 all 29 years of the directos' cup national all-sports comp. We have national team titles in 12 different sports etc., etc. I don't know why Gators don't argue this more. As an obvious analogy, what is, academically, a better school, one that is elite only in ONLY engineering, or one that is elite in engineering AND mba AND Law AND medicine etc?!!

I agree 100%. But it's non the Gator way or the Gator athletic programs way to toot your own horn.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum