Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests

Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby Gouryella » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:52 am

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=11276405

I am embarrassed for Penn State and the Paterno family. Do I believe that JoePa found out abut a child rape and said "Let's cover this up!" Of course not. I do believe that he knew about multiple incidents involving Sandusky and either chose to ignore them or chose to NOT believe them. The clues were all there in front of him and for whatever reason he passed the buck and never followed up. Whatever the reason he is part of the blame chain at PSU no matter how many people the Paterno family pays to say otherwise.
User avatar
Gouryella
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby jand3k » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Nice Avatar, classic video.

But to your opinion, sounds like nothing is ever going to change your mind.

I, for one, think Joe is more innocent than most on the GSMB believe. At first, the Freih report made me question that but now this more independent review makes me feel better about that opinion. Either way, it doesn't matter and nothing will change what happened.

In the end, Joe was a football coach, who did many great things and his legend is tarnished because of a position coach and University Administrators who were too scared to blow up the situation because of their love for the almighty dollar.

Flame on...
Image
User avatar
jand3k
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby vulcan_alex » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:47 pm

OK I get it that folks want to make him guilty. He admited that he should have done more, so that is not a point to argue.

My take is that he did not pay attention to whatever "clues" might have been there and due to his age and association probably did not notice them.

When evidence came to him he did the correct thing and reported it. Now should he have followed up? He admited that he should have.

Was he required to follow up? The answer is NO!!!

So he is guilty (by his own admission) of doing less than he should have (benefit of now knowing facts). So he is not as guilty as those who had a responsibility to do the right thing and did not.

Case Closed. Now I bet that the state will cause the NAACP some trouble and might get the penalties rolled back or eliminated. Time will tell.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby MJMGator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Anyone that is made aware of what he was and does not report it to the police IMMEDIATELY is guilty. Yes, Joe Pa did many great things throughout his life, but this erases everything in my opinion. He enabled a serial child-rapist. As did the PSU AD and president. May they burn in hell right next to Sandusky.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4192
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby vulcan_alex » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:38 pm

MJMGator wrote:Anyone that is made aware of what he was and does not report it to the police IMMEDIATELY is guilty. Yes, Joe Pa did many great things throughout his life, but this erases everything in my opinion. He enabled a serial child-rapist. As did the PSU AD and president. May they burn in hell right next to Sandusky.


He did report it to the "police" perhaps not immediately. I will let an entity higher than me to dish out justice to Joe.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby Scott512 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Gouryella wrote:http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=11276405

I am embarrassed for Penn State and the Paterno family. Do I believe that JoePa found out abut a child rape and said "Let's cover this up!" Of course not. I do believe that he knew about multiple incidents involving Sandusky and either chose to ignore them or chose to NOT believe them. The clues were all there in front of him and for whatever reason he passed the buck and never followed up. Whatever the reason he is part of the blame chain at PSU no matter how many people the Paterno family pays to say otherwise.

True. Joe Paterno was not the only one to ignore the seriousness of the charges levieed against serial rapist and pervert Jerry Sandusky. I like you think Paterno may not have believed them or maybe his mind wasn't sharp and he didn't think about the issue like he should have. Joe made mistakes and will pay for them through eternity. Others at PSU made mistakes as well. Sad thing is most people forget about Sandusky and talk about Paterno. Amazing, But most of al the victims must be remembered. They are ruined at a young age. Tragic.
Image
Scott512
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:24 am

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby MJMGator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:49 pm

vulcan_alex wrote:
MJMGator wrote:Anyone that is made aware of what he was and does not report it to the police IMMEDIATELY is guilty. Yes, Joe Pa did many great things throughout his life, but this erases everything in my opinion. He enabled a serial child-rapist. As did the PSU AD and president. May they burn in hell right next to Sandusky.


He did report it to the "police" perhaps not immediately. I will let an entity higher than me to dish out justice to Joe.

I have only read that he notified his boss. Never the PROPER authorities that should have been called immediately. All of those men were only concerned about protecting the image of PSU. Where was the concern for the minor victims?
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4192
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby Gouryella » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:11 pm

jand3k wrote:Nice Avatar, classic video.

But to your opinion, sounds like nothing is ever going to change your mind.

I, for one, think Joe is more innocent than most on the GSMB believe. At first, the Freih report made me question that but now this more independent review makes me feel better about that opinion. Either way, it doesn't matter and nothing will change what happened.

In the end, Joe was a football coach, who did many great things and his legend is tarnished because of a position coach and University Administrators who were too scared to blow up the situation because of their love for the almighty dollar.

Flame on...


Thank you for noticing. i wasn't sure if it was a bit too obscure though.

Again, I don't think Joe purposefully and willfully said "let's hide our resident child rapist" but I do think he screwed the pooch big time. I don't know why but he was notified at least twice in a 3 year period of Sandusky and BOYS. Regardless of the details...once? (I can't even excuse the one time especially after a psychologist said Sandusky displayed all the characteristics of a child molester. That testimony was superceded by a second mile psychologist. That rabbit hole is probably pretty deep.) But twice? And one of your coaches is obviously freaked out? Gotta do more than pass it on.

I wanted you to know that this report was bought and paid for by the Paterno family and Thornberg(sp) has a long long history with Paterno(see Gene W's article on ESPN).

I fall somewhere in the middle on JoePa.
User avatar
Gouryella
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby rogdochar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Of course state laws involve state politicians and possibly involve
mere "window-dressing". But Pennsylvania has long been serious
about reporting of sexual abuse of children. State authorities have
maintained, since 1976, a "master-book-file" with names and info
on every child victim and victimizer... since 1976 = 36 years.

Specifically mentioned in the law as "mandated reporters" are higher
institution coaches, assistant coaches, even grad-student coaches.
Each university (private or public) is subject to state fines for not
giving annual updates about spotting suspicious child abuse and
reporting it = within 24 hours ! So it is not like this was out of the
"recent" focus of these coaches/administrators.

The reporter's name remains anonymous until a court prosecution is
reached. Then the reporter may or may not be needed to testify. But
that means his report did catch and stop criminal behavior against
children. Usually the victim-children and evidence provides enough to
convict without the reporter being needed. Plus, the reporter has
immunity from civil suits if his report fails to turn up an abuser.

All of this screams out "Protect innocent, vulnerable children, first
and foremost."

Mandated reporters are mandated by law to directly, "immediately"
contact Pennsylvania's Childline at 1-800-932-0313.... simple, straightforward with no passing the buck. The design and intent is
for child counselors to "rescue" that child within 24 hours because
no outsider can guess when or what the next harm to the child may be. Those annual certified seminars keep that in the minds of mandated reporters. Paterno was always a mandated reporter.... as was that grad-assistant coach. Mandated by law to directly contact Childline
immediately.

And the rebuff that Paterno is being discussed more than Sandusky
relates directly to it all being responses based on some expressions
directly defending Paterno. Who else would our responses be about.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12728
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:33 pm

He protected the scum of the Earth, a pedophile, period. **** him and his god forsaken family and Pedophile State University.

Image
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3836
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Shelby, NC

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby rogdochar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54 pm

In that Hoge thread, "The Highmark Caring Place" I mentioned gave
PSU a grant of $25,000 to teach University employees and community
center leaders about the horrendous damage and grief caused to
children by abuse. "Small whirl afterall."
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12728
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby Ringer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Rush to judgement by the Media and some Zealots on GSMB.


I am always amazed how some people listen to the media and think they know all the facts. The media lies to and manipulates public opinion.
Image

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
User avatar
Ringer
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby rogdochar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:19 pm

Media-smedia. As a mandated reporter "Coach Paterno" by law was
to personally phone "Childline" immediately and then those receiving
the "tip" have a "24-hour response time". The grad-assistant coach was
a mandated responder. Every University employee who "heard" of the
suspicion of child molestation are mandated reporters and taught that
law in annual "renewal" courses.

None of the University officials obeyed the law, much less used moral
thought in this .... and they did so as a University group. The law is
designed so no child remains more than 24 hours without rescue or
counseling to treat the damage caused by abuse already done. Did
these PSU officials put that as a first priority deemed by law ?

The true measure of how much "they' violated that law, relates to
how far beyond 24 hours before these troubled child-victims got
restorative counseling that abused children direly need.

This is not an emotionally charged response fueled by media
trumpeting. It's based on the law that they all knew and are to
uphold for the researched and known good of victimized children.
Last edited by rogdochar on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12728
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby Gouryella » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:33 pm

Ringer wrote:Rush to judgement by the Media and some Zealots on GSMB.


I am always amazed how some people listen to the media and think they know all the facts. The media lies to and manipulates public opinion.


I do not claim anything. We do know that Paterno was aware of MULTIPLE incidences involving Sandusky and children. At what point do you say whoa...this is too weird? Any adult showering with a child not their own should be questioned immediately. My internal "something is wrong here" bell would be ringing like crazy. No? You think that's normal? And you have a assistant coach that is visibly upset? Add that you knew Sandusky was involved with an incident in 1998...only 3 years earlier. Forget any other rumors or whispers. There is a major problem. Joe failed miserably by doing the bare minimum.

I hope that all of us would act on the information without hesitation.
User avatar
Gouryella
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby Ringer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 pm

Continue to think you know what you would do and I'll continue to think that there was and is a rush to condemn anyone who was even slightly connected to the P-State Program.

# Do you know that Sandusky wasn't even tried or convicted of anything related to the shower episode. I really don't understand how the prosecution could let that go.
Image

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
User avatar
Ringer
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 pm

Gouryella wrote:I hope that all of us would act on the information without hesitation.


If I walked in on my superior/boss ass raping a ten year old boy in the shower, I would beat the hell out of him then call the police, after he lay in pain for awhile. :lol:
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3836
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Shelby, NC

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby Gouryella » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:20 am

Ringer wrote:Continue to think you know what you would do and I'll continue to think that there was and is a rush to condemn anyone who was even slightly connected to the P-State Program.

# Do you know that Sandusky wasn't even tried or convicted of anything related to the shower episode. I really don't understand how the prosecution could let that go.


Uhhhh...did YOU know?

— Victim 2: A boy of about 10 that a graduate assistant, Mike McQueary, has said he saw being attacked by Sandusky in the team showers in February 2001. Investigators have not been able to determine the boy's identity. McQueary reported what he saw to head coach Joe Paterno, and Paterno's handling of it contributed to the university's decision to fire him shortly after Sandusky was arrested in November. Sandusky was found guilty of indecent assault, unlawful contact with minor, corruption of minors, endangering a child's welfare. He was acquitted of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/22/br ... z2KegJHIXB

Rush to judgement? I don't think so...it might be time for you to come out from under the rock.
User avatar
Gouryella
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby Gouryella » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:22 am

And I am going out on a limb and opine that Joe Pa, the athletic director and the President of Penn State are MORE THAN "slightly connected"...just my humble opinion though.
User avatar
Gouryella
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:35 am

vulcan_alex wrote:OK I get it that folks want to make him guilty. He admited that he should have done more, so that is not a point to argue.

My take is that he did not pay attention to whatever "clues" might have been there and due to his age and association probably did not notice them.

When evidence came to him he did the correct thing and reported it. Now should he have followed up? He admited that he should have.

Was he required to follow up? The answer is NO!!!

So he is guilty (by his own admission) of doing less than he should have (benefit of now knowing facts). So he is not as guilty as those who had a responsibility to do the right thing and did not.

Case Closed. Now I bet that the state will cause the NAACP some trouble and might get the penalties rolled back or eliminated. Time will tell.



Agreed Back in Joes day that kind of thing didn't happen and get reported, it was such a closet type crime because family's didn't or wouldn't drag their families names through the mud. I really hate that this thing happened for the kids and Joe Pa.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
User avatar
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: NW Florida

Re: Joepologists claiming JoePa was "groomed" also

Postby Ringer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 am

Gouryella wrote:
Ringer wrote:Continue to think you know what you would do and I'll continue to think that there was and is a rush to condemn anyone who was even slightly connected to the P-State Program.

# Do you know that Sandusky wasn't even tried or convicted of anything related to the shower episode. I really don't understand how the prosecution could let that go.


Uhhhh...did YOU know?

— Victim 2: A boy of about 10 that a graduate assistant, Mike McQueary, has said he saw being attacked by Sandusky in the team showers in February 2001. Investigators have not been able to determine the boy's identity. McQueary reported what he saw to head coach Joe Paterno, and Paterno's handling of it contributed to the university's decision to fire him shortly after Sandusky was arrested in November. Sandusky was found guilty of indecent assault, unlawful contact with minor, corruption of minors, endangering a child's welfare. He was acquitted of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/22/br ... z2KegJHIXB

Rush to judgement? I don't think so...it might be time for you to come out from under the rock.


You are dumber that dirt if you think I'm defending Sandusky.... I would be happy if they fried his sorry azz but I do think many self righteous people have lumped everyone connected with P-State (as you did) as guilty of knowingly helping The Convicted Child Abuser, without any actual proof.
Image

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
User avatar
Ringer
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron