Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Gatorbythebay, Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, Trung and 62 guests

Former Gator James White in Dunk Contest

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Former Gator James White in Dunk Contest

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:12 am

He is one of my favorite dunkers of all time. I will never forgot watching James "Flight" White dunk from the free throw line two handed at Midnight Madness (back when we hosted midnight madness instead of fan fun day or whatever it is) during my soph year at UF. I couldn't believe my eyes. I know he is old, but I'm hoping he still has it in him to put on a show like he did in the past which including doing a windmill from the free throw line and going between the legs from the free throw line!
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Re: Former Gator James White in Dunk Contest

Postby guardian » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am

The_AlphaGator1906 wrote:He is one of my favorite dunkers of all time. I will never forgot watching James "Flight" White dunk from the free throw line two handed at Midnight Madness (back when we hosted midnight madness instead of fan fun day or whatever it is) during my soph year at UF. I couldn't believe my eyes. I know he is old, but I'm hoping he still has it in him to put on a show like he did in the past which including doing a windmill from the free throw line and going between the legs from the free throw line!

Talk about a spotty NBA career... but is 30 THAT old for a former high jumper?
"In blackest day or brightest night, watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda-e-yadda, erm... superstitious and cowardly lot, with freedom and justice for all!"
Duck Dodger's Lantern Oath
guardian
Heisman Gator

Postby unofficialgator » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:42 am

the free throw between the legs dunk is one of the top ten dunks (not during a game) of all time.

RIDICULOUS,
I watched that video like a 100 times over and over again like oh no he didnt...

come to think of it i used the gif as one of my default images on myspace back in the day
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby dangerous dave » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:47 am

david lee was better
dangerous dave
Baby Gator

Postby WhoGator » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:32 am

dangerous dave wrote:david lee was better

After a Final Four Championship Game appearance in 2000, Billy built on it and I was JACKED when we signed three McDonald's All-Americans in 2001 (still the only time we ever did that). It was the first McDonald's All-American Game I ever watched and I was not disappointed... All three, including Kwame Brown were awesome in the game and David Lee (first time I realized he was a white guy) and James White finished 1-2 in the slam dunk contest. Commentators said it was the best HS slam dunk contest they had ever seen and both guys were going to be Gators!!!

By that summer, Michael Jordan had convinced Kwame to go NBA... White was gone to Cincinnati a couple years later... David Lee became and still is a great Gator and flat-out stud ---- BUT the only guy to win a national championship from that recruiting class was the 4th and lowest ranked 2001 recruit, Adrian Moss. He was redshirted and wound up playing a big part as the only senior on that first NC team.

Wish White the best next week in the slam dunk as he preps the crowd for the Rising Stars Game with rookie all-star Bradley Beal playing against 2nd year all-star Chandler Parsons. The following day Joakim Noah goes up against White's recruit-mate David Lee in the real All-Star Game.

Shoulda stuck it out James... IGTBAFG!!!!!

:chomp:
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby gatorhunter » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:08 pm

I remember Lee's dunk to win the MAA dunk contest wasn't really better than White's. he just took his shirt off during the dunk. I always thought James should have won but love Lee because he stayed with the Gators.
gatorhunter
Freshman Gator

Postby Gouryella » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:53 pm

I always thought White had mad talent. I was pissed when he transferred. Long road for him.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum