Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lumagator, MSNbot Media and 16 guests

Purifoy to WR

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Purifoy to WR

Postby williston_gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:41 pm

RT @osgators: CB Loucheiz Puifoy will open spring practices at WR as coaches look to capitalize on his big-play ability http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/b ... 73237.post

I'm not sure about losing him as a full time cb.
User avatar
williston_gator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm
Location: Williston, FL

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby oxrageous » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:44 pm

I don't understand why UF can't recruit a decent WR.
User avatar
oxrageous
Moderator
 
Posts: 13716
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby NVGator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 pm

oxrageous wrote:I don't understand why UF can't recruit a decent WR.

You got to have a decent offense with a decent QB that can through a decent pass to encourage a decent receiver to come play with us.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9908
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby 8802gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm

This obviously means that D Rob, Fullwood, and Bailey are all busts and the coaches are scrambling to find wrs. :panic:
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
User avatar
8802gator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:02 pm
Location: St. Pete, FL

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby Leroy Jenkins » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:51 pm

If it works = Genius
If not = Idiot
Leroy Jenkins
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 8881
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:57 pm

oxrageous wrote:I don't understand why UF can't recruit a decent WR.

He just found some of the old Spurrier playbooks and learned that a WR doesn't move to CB until it's proven that the WR can't catch the ball.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16925
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 pm

The coaches must have a lot of confidence in Hargreaves III.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, does it really matter who lines up at receiver this year? It all comes down to whether or not Jeffy can put it together upstairs.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

Image
Image
User avatar
I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6192
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Where nobody is looking

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby FunnGun » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:04 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:The coaches must have a lot of confidence in Hargreaves III.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, does it really matter who lines up at receiver this year? It all comes down to whether or not Jeffy can put it together upstairs.

Really? Is that all it comes down to? :lol:

We'll see. He's a upperclassman so his experience and work ethic will be nice and I'm sure Joker and him will get along fine. No one knows for sure but he does show some promise and he might have been the best play maker in that group if he played there last year. Although he's a really good DB I'm not worried about losing him on defense.
Last edited by FunnGun on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:11 pm

FunnGun wrote:
I Have No Friends :( wrote:The coaches must have a lot of confidence in Hargreaves III.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, does it really matter who lines up at receiver this year? It all comes down to whether or not Jeffy can put it together upstairs.

Really? Is that all it comes down to? :lol:

Jeffy is special like that.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

Image
Image
User avatar
I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6192
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Where nobody is looking

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby FunnGun » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Also wonder if we would have signed Clark would they be making this move?
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:22 pm

I think Clark would have been the fourth best receiver in the class.

Bailey will have be the player to beat in the slot fairly soon, and he'll excel in the short passing game.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16925
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby FunnGun » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Might be right. I think Clark would have slid into Pattons role running the jet and speed sweeps. At least as a freshman. Thompson can step up now.

I was just wondering if the move was because of a numbers thing. Either a plus in the defensive backfield or a minus in WR group. Or do they think his future is there? Maybe Joker was the one that finally changed Muschamp's mind about moving him? As long as he stays on teams I'm fine with it though.
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby bayou gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:43 pm

I called this a few weeks ago in one of the posts about VHIII's performance at the all star game. Purifoy is a playmaker. I'm not surprised that Pease started working him into the offensive game plan as this past year went along. I think he is a very good CB, but I think he is a serious difference maker on the offensive side of the ball. He knows what to do with the ball in his hands. He has great field vision, and has some sick moves. I saw him play in many of his high school games, and the kid was flat-out electric.
P.S. - Don't feed the trolls!
User avatar
bayou gator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: On the right side of a tight line!

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:45 pm

FunnGun wrote:Might be right. I think Clark would have slid into Pattons role running the jet and speed sweeps. At least as a freshman. Thompson can step up now.

I was just wondering if the move was because of a numbers thing. Either a plus in the defensive backfield or a minus in WR group. Or do they think his future is there? Maybe Joker was the one that finally changed Muschamp's mind about moving him? As long as he stays on teams I'm fine with it though.


Purifoy is a heck of an athlete, a good tackler and a great special teams player. He's okay in man coverage, but let's not kid ourselves; he gets burned more than what you'd like to see out of a man-cover CB. I think he's more suited for a Tampa 2 type of coverage scheme, where his size and tenacity would be a huge asset on the edge.

He has shown big play ability and has good hands, so why not move him over and see what he can do? We have numbers in the secondary and can always move him back in Fall ball if it doesn't work out for him on O during the Spring.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

Image
Image
User avatar
I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6192
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Where nobody is looking

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby FunnGun » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:53 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:
FunnGun wrote:Might be right. I think Clark would have slid into Pattons role running the jet and speed sweeps. At least as a freshman. Thompson can step up now.

I was just wondering if the move was because of a numbers thing. Either a plus in the defensive backfield or a minus in WR group. Or do they think his future is there? Maybe Joker was the one that finally changed Muschamp's mind about moving him? As long as he stays on teams I'm fine with it though.


Purifoy is a heck of an athlete, a good tackler and a great special teams player. He's okay in man coverage, but let's not kid ourselves; he gets burned more than what you'd like to see out of a man-cover CB. I think he's more suited for a Tampa 2 type of coverage scheme, where his size and tenacity would be a huge asset on the edge.

He has shown big play ability and has good hands, so why not move him over and see what he can do? We have numbers in the secondary and can always move him back in Fall ball if it doesn't work out for him on O during the Spring.

Agree. I edited my post above but I said I think he would have been our most dynamic receiver last year. Not that he wasn't wanted or needede on defense though.

It's a good move because it makes room in the secondary. He's a good DB but I think Nick Wash, Kiki Neal and Harris will all be better by the end of the year anyway so the move actually helps on both sides of the ball.
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby Mr. Eko » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Every recruiting year has that 1 or 2 guys that can really help upgrade your game. Last year it was Stephan Diggs/ Nelson Algalor(sp). This year it is Jaylan Ramsey and Walker/Bower.

By getting Ramsey, it would allow UF to have some depth at corner.

Could have used Walker/ Bower at DE too, though I just read Bostwick has the quicks and strength to play DE.
Mr. Eko
True Gator
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby Gatorphan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Mr. Eko wrote:Could have used Walker/ Bower at DE too, though I just read Bostwick has the quicks and strength to play DE.

What's wrong with two four star DE's we signed...Ivie and Sherit? Ray McDonald was a Rivals three star in 2002. I think I just saw him in the Super Bowl. I'm going to trust that the coaches evaluated some of these guys correctly, like Morrisson, Bullard, Jacobs and Fowler last year.
Last edited by Gatorphan on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Image
User avatar
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Mr. Eko wrote:Every recruiting year has that 1 or 2 guys that can really help upgrade your game.



I can't help but note that neither Diggs nor Agholor did much last year. Maybe we were better off. Walker/Bower? :snicker :

We have zero concerns at DE. The DE and DTs will be nearly interchangeable in the future. And we have three rush end/bucks that are top tier. Ramsey? I don't know if he makes the field next year. Apparently he didn't either.

You're a terrible troll. You spend you're time trying to tell us how bad next year's loss to tinerc is going to be and how our program is lost because of Dequan whoever the 3/4 star DE.

Whatever, vole.

How'd recruiting season go for your team? :snicker : You couldn't put your last four classes together and have a top 5 class.
Last edited by law98gator on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16925
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby MatthewM. » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 pm

His skill will make him a good offensive player. His quarterback will make him great.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
User avatar
MatthewM.
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6992
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Re: Purifoy to WR

Postby MJMGator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:05 pm

I like it. We'll be relying heavily of true freshmen as playmakers, otherwise. Not too worried about our secondary. The WR spot appears to be our weakest position heading into spring, so this can only help. I think our o-line will be much improved, so hopefully Jeff will have more time to make the proper reads.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4239
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron