Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar, tillsb and 45 guests

Coach Is Exactly Correct

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Coach Is Exactly Correct

Postby gatorhar » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:43 pm

"People talk about closing ? what's the difference between closing in March and closing on Signing Day,'' Muschamp said. "Does it lessen the player's value because you got him early? I think we're all pretty happy we got [defensive back] Vernon Hargreaves. We all think he is pretty good, whether or not we got him on Signing Day really doesn't matter. Here is a young man who could have gone anywhere in the country and he took one visit. He came to the University of Florida.

"I use Vernon as an example, not to single him out. I don't buy into this idea of closing maybe as much other people do. You go out and you do your due diligence. It's about building relationships and building trust. Maybe some of our guys weren't into the glitz and glamour of signing day. We want blue-collar guys who are going to come in here with the right kind of character and integrity and do it the right way."
gatorhar
Heisman Gator

Re: Coach Is Exactly Correct

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:46 pm

:clap:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby williston_gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:47 pm

:chomp: :flag:
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Gatorphan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:50 pm

He can talk the talk...walk the walk. I love that he's our coach!!!
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Gatorphan wrote:He can talk the talk...walk the walk. I love that he's our coach!!!

Now beat Georgia!! :angry3:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby ACappsUF29 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:58 pm

So true. I would much prefer to lock down the class early and have very little signing day drama.
ACappsUF29
Senior Gator

Postby Gatorphan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:08 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:
Gatorphan wrote:He can talk the talk...walk the walk. I love that he's our coach!!!

One more class like this and we'll be beat them and almost everyone else for a long time.
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:36 pm

Gatorphan wrote:

One more class like this and we'll be beat them and almost everyone else for a long time.

Amen, bruddah!

Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:45 pm

ACappsUF29 wrote:So true. I would much prefer to lock down the class early and have very little signing day drama.

Especially if the drama is that we signed no top receivers or running backs.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby ATXGator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:50 pm

I think the most impressive thing about this class is that nobody was taking trips in January. This class was locked and loaded and the guys we had committed were truly committed!

That says a lot about character.
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Flaglergator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Always one negative nancy to pee on the parade.
Flaglergator
True Gator

Postby TommyGator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:57 pm

But... why would he want to beat jawga? He IS a ugan grad, an ex playah, and a dog at heart...He is a PLANT in Gatah nation! doncha know anythin'?
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:03 pm

TommyGator wrote:

But... why would he want to beat jawga? He IS a ugan grad, an ex playah, and a dog at heart...He is a PLANT in Gatah nation! doncha know anythin'?

So you're the idiot who was sitting behind me at the Tennessee game a couple years ago :lol:

Bull Gator

Postby Dugaboy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Now Tommy, if you mix a little water with that Jack Daniels, it will go further and you won't get trumpet-tongued...
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Muschamp is doing a great job recruiting. I think even a few of those WR will turn out pretty good in a couple of years.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby Homer J » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:40 pm

gatorhar wrote:"People talk about closing ? what's the difference between closing in March and closing on Signing Day,'' Muschamp said. "Does it lessen the player's value because you got him early? I think we're all pretty happy we got [defensive back] Vernon Hargreaves. We all think he is pretty good, whether or not we got him on Signing Day really doesn't matter. Here is a young man who could have gone anywhere in the country and he took one visit. He came to the University of Florida.

"I use Vernon as an example, not to single him out. I don't buy into this idea of closing maybe as much other people do. You go out and you do your due diligence. It's about building relationships and building trust. Maybe some of our guys weren't into the glitz and glamour of signing day. We want blue-collar guys who are going to come in here with the right kind of character and integrity and do it the right way."

Big difference from the last guy who didn't care if you smoked the wacky tabacky or beat up women, as long as you were fast.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby TommyGator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:20 pm

Dugaboy wrote:Now Tommy, if you mix a little water with that Jack Daniels, it will go further and you won't get trumpet-tongued...

Now, Dug...

I thought a fella liquor man'd recognize a little sarcasm at the expense of "no friend." (He lists it plural, I say he hasn't even one!)

:lol: :lol:
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Muschamp is getting just what he wants...competition amongst talented players

He is challenging everyone, every practice to prove themselves

Great approach. Will pay big dividends
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorSky » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:32 pm

I think it is more impressive to secure a commitment early and carry it through to signing day than to win a recruit at the last minute (coin flip)... shows these kids are solid.
"What the hell are you guys doing?" "Puttin' on the foil coach"... "yeah, every game"... "want some?"
GatorSky
Senior Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:49 pm

How boring. I would much rather have recruits with mommas stealing their LOI's. :rolleyes:
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum