Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackLabGator, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 40 guests

Who will be next year's...

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Who will be next year's...

Postby ACappsUF29 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Fowler/Bullard; All Sec Freshmen type players that may not come in and start right away but will make a major contribution to the team and start a few games. Can be on offense or defense. Here is who I think:

1. Demarcus Robinson- Seems more college ready than Fullwood right now and I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting and putting up good numbers next year.

2. Vernon Hargraves III- He is coming into a position that already has 4 corners (assuming Riggs/Watkins stay at corner) who have starting experience BUT he is a special player. He could be better than Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins were at this point (that's saying a lot I know). He should see plenty of playing time and possibly win a starting job before the end of the year.

3. Kelvin Taylor- This is the obvious choice. Even with Jones and Brown coming back I know Champ is building a program where he wants at least 3 quality backs that will get meaningful carries. I am holding out hope for Brown still but if he doesn't improve Taylor has a great chance to come in and at the very least back up Jones and get well over 100 carries next year.

Honorable mention: Adam Jones, all of the WRs, Daniel McMillan, Alex Anzalone, Caleb Brantley and Marcell Harris.

Note: I didn't count any of the JUCO signees in this, only upcoming freshmen.
ACappsUF29
Senior Gator

Re: Who will be next year's...

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Vernon Hargraves III.

The popular answer might be Kelvin Taylor, but don't overlook Adam Lane. He will push Taylor for carries. The kid is built like a tank and runs low to the ground, finds the hole and explodes through it. Taylor will have to abandon his multiple cutbacks style in the SEC to be effective.

gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:11 pm

VH3
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:23 pm

I think Lane will be the first more useful RB. From his films it's
obvious he'd make a great decoy, 'cause while those 5 defenders
are trying to bring him down, Jeff would have an easy pass to a
WR. :? :rolleyes:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:28 pm

rogdochar wrote:I think Lane will be the first more useful RB. From his films it's

No pass for Driskel is easy.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby ACappsUF29 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:Vernon Hargraves III.

The popular answer might be Kelvin Taylor, but don't overlook Adam Lane. He will push Taylor for carries. The kid is built like a tank and runs low to the ground, finds the hole and explodes through it. Taylor will have to abandon his multiple cutbacks style in the SEC to be effective.

I really like Lane also. He has that Ray Rice type running style and build. There is a reason why the coaches didn't really care about getting any more RBs in this class than just Taylor/Lane. Those 2 guys are as good a 1-2 punch as you will find.
ACappsUF29
Senior Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:48 pm

ACappsUF29 wrote:

I really like Lane also. He has that Ray Rice type running style and build. There is a reason why the coaches didn't really care about getting any more RBs in this class than just Taylor/Lane. Those 2 guys are as good a 1-2 punch as you will find.

By the time Lane and Taylor are juniors there won't be a defensive coach on our schedule that will be able to sleep the week they play us. Sick!
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorphan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:56 pm

VH111 is the most talented guy in the Nation coming out this year IMO. Kdimdeche is good but not Clowney good.There's a lot of depth at the position, but he never waivered. That's great CB mentality....no fear. I bet he's a factor early and often.

Although not considered part of this class, OL tranfers Max Garcia and Tyler Moore will see the field too. Moore has three years left and Garcia two years. Both have started for their previous teams (Nebraska, Maryland). Both have will had almost two years under Jeff Dillman.
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorBart » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:01 pm

I like McMillan, not necessarily to be the standout newcomer; but because of what he was wearing to the signing ceremony at his HS this morning (see photos of recruits on GatorSports.com). He's already enrolled and he still attended NSD festivities at his HS. Cool dude.
He's got it going on.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby kcgator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:07 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
rogdochar wrote:I think Lane will be the first more useful RB. From his films it's

True dat yo
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Dugaboy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:19 pm

KC & Wobble like to take shots at Driskel - along with some others; but if you take the time this summer to go back and view some DVR's of game highlites, you will see the kid suffered a little of JBrantley-idus. Our offensive line still had a hard time responding to a called pass play.

AS for receivers - the Louisville game showed the ineptitude of that group. Unfortunately, a couple of them are coming back next year...

Just pray for receivers and offensive guards. Oh well, UF baskeball is getting hot and O'Sullivan's baseball looks real promising this year..
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:47 pm

ACappsUF29 wrote:1. Demarcus Robinson

Not likely with our QB issue. Robinson isn't the kind of kid who will excel with the short passes and Driskel has completed one long pass in his college career.

2. Vernon Hargraves III- He is coming into a position that already has 4 corners (assuming Riggs/Watkins stay at corner) who have starting experience BUT he is a special player.
Riggs and Watkins are not a threat regardless. Both are depth and nothing more. Yes, VHIII will play a bunch and may well be the starting nickel soon.

3. Kelvin Taylor

I've only seen him twice on tv but he didn't look particularly dominant either time. I think he'll take some time. That being said, they really did wonders with Matt Jones last year. Nevertheless, I won't be surprised if Adam Lane doesn't get out of the gates faster than Kelvin. EDIT: forgot KT is an EE, so I'm going to change my mind on that. I think KT will be in the fight for playing time.

Alex Anzalone

VHIII and AA were the obvious standouts at the UA game in my opinion. At that time I thought AA was solid to ND and I thought we really missed on a good one. He's also an EE. I expect him to get a lot of PT this year.

all of the WRs

If the Driskel-danglers are right, then several of these guys will take off. I think it's not likely. I think we are a long way away from even achieving mediocrity in the passing game (say 250 yards/game).

Out of all the receivers, I think Alvin Bailey may be the first to contribute. I think we'll continue dinking and dunking in the passing game unless Driskel drastically improves. This is Bailey's forte.

Caleb Brantley

Not likely. The linemen, both sides of the ball, will need time in the weight room. We just aren't in the dire straits we have been the last two years, so I'll be surprised if we see much of them.
Last edited by law98gator on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:52 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:
ACappsUF29 wrote:

By the time Lane and Taylor are juniors there won't be a defensive coach on our schedule that will be able to sleep the week they play us. Sick!

I'm a big fan.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:04 pm

kcgator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:

True dat yo

The last guy who struggled this much hitting screen passes or short stops was Bobby Sabelhaus. I swear I don't know how you throw it two yards behind a guy on a four yard route.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:15 pm

I'm convinced this place and some some of it's posters just need something or someone to hate.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby alcoholica » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:59 pm

law98gator wrote:
kcgator wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:

True dat yo

The last guy who struggled this much hitting screen passes or short stops was Bobby Sabelhaus. I swear I don't know how you throw it two yards behind a guy on a four yard route.

How could you forget Doug Johnson?
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby alcoholica » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:03 pm

Can't RS Freshmen make the team? No one has mentioned the Safeties either.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:17 pm

alcoholica wrote:How could you forget Doug Johnson?

Perhaps you should compare their stats.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorInKnox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:40 pm

FunnGun wrote:I'm convinced this place and some some of it's posters just need something or someone to hate.

It does gloom up the board a bit.
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Anyone think because his last name is Taylor son of a Gator great that he gets more credit? Not saying he won't be good but the few times I seem him play on tv I wasn't like "Wow this guy is a stud" Seemed more like a above average Rb but not super great

But like I said I havnt got to watch to much of him so I could be dead wrong
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum