Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, ShowMeLove, swampfuel and 31 guests

Great Defense Returns

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Great Defense Returns

Postby HickoryFlatGator » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Now that we are some 20 games into our schedule, the 'staying power' of the Gators over 40 minutes has proven true and exciting. The defensive prowess of the team is amazing. Although it may have been discussed at some time, I don't remember reading any comments on how John Pelphrey might be playing into this strong defense, and the over all preparedness of the team for each game. I'd be interested to know what many of you think. I feel he has been a great addition ((I'm driving to Keystone Heights tomorrow to close the sale on my parent's home after their deaths....two great Gators who suffered through many decades of Gator sports but lived to enjoy the past 20 years. I'll check your responses Sunday night.))
HickoryFlatGator
Baby Gator

Re: Great Defense Returns

Postby rogdochar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 am

"FlatHickGator" God bless & keep you in your somber duty.
Our defense does have an extended strength this 2013 season.
Something's been added. I'm not in the know beyond that.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatormark » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:38 am

So sorry about your folks. You nailed it on UF,s defense man,they are relentless.
gatormark
Senior Gator

Postby TommyGator » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:30 am

Hickory, I don't know if the stamina of the D is attributable to Pelphrey, but I do think he is a great addition to the staff. He knows Billy's mind and fits nicely.

Sorry about your parents...just remember that long, full lives are for celebrating...
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:22 pm

I'm very sorry about your parents. I have a mom in the last stages of dementia
and we had to put her in a nursing home.

I saw Pelphrey on the bench a couple of games ago and wondered the same
thing. I dont have an answer but he has to be helping this team progress.
Things did not work out for him at Arkansas but we are sure thrilled to have him back! Someone mentioned that our defense has not been this good since
the 2000 team. that year we made it to the finals and I believe Pelphry was
1 of our assistants that year. He's a great coach.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby BMF » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Pelphrey apparantly lit into the freshman after one of the games for slacking off when they were put in for mop up duty. That was good to see. I imagine he won't last long as an assistant. He had a winning record at Arkansas and was cut loose when he was set to have a good season (several starters returning). He'll land another head coaching gig soon.....but it's good to have him while we can.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum