Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BernardodelaPaz, Gator1man, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 42 guests

AP beats Peyton for MVP

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

AP beats Peyton for MVP

Postby Swamp Queen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:09 pm

lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Re: AP beats Peyton for MVP

Postby FunnGun » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 pm

FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Both players had great comeback seasons. Peterson's, given the severity of his injury, was greater.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Alvin York » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:Really happy to see this!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89087 ... ng-win-mvp

Like it or not the award is trivial, almost meaningless...
for what does it profit a man to gain the MVP and forfeit his chance to win another Super Bowl because Flacco with 42 seconds left launches a 70 yard bomb to send the Broncos/Ravens game into Overtime.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Alvin York wrote:

for what does it profit a man to gain the MVP and forfeit his chance to win another Super Bowl because Flacco with 42 seconds left launches a 70 yard bomb to send the Broncos/Ravens game into Overtime.

...and having 3 turnovers that resulted in 17 Raven points. :rolleyes:

Great call on the MVP. Manning sure as hell didn't deserve it.
oxrageous

Postby FunnGun » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:17 pm

He did get the come back player of the year. I guess not getting paralyzed because your over sized melon is welded on is an accomplishment.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:22 pm

He's the best player in the league, of course he deserved to win it.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Alvin York » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:23 pm

oxrageous wrote:
Alvin York wrote:

Remember the reality of the game. If Manning or any quarterback had 10 turnovers all is forgiven if you drive your team to the winning touchdown with less than a minute left in the game. last time I looked Manning was on the bench when Flacco thew the miracle touchdown not to mention the inexplicable 2 or 3 long ball touchdowns given up by all pro Champ Bailey.

I rest my case.

No. I'm not through. I made this statement a long time ago. To hell with the MVP or any other award. Manning has a truckload of MVP's and regular season wins. The only thing that matters is raising that Super Bowl Trophy at this stage in his career. I bet if you checked with Tom Brady fans they would be singing the same tune.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby Jbossgator9 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 pm

Alvin Dork and Mr Peanut Head OWNED and DESTROYED yet again!
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Alvin York wrote:To hell with the MVP or any other award. Manning has a truckload of MVP's and regular season wins. The only thing that matters is raising that Super Bowl Trophy at this stage in his career.

You lying sack. Had Manning won the MVP, you would have been the first one to start a thread about it touting his greatness.
oxrageous

Postby rogdochar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 am

I bet Peyton threw a tantrum -- Papa Bear on the floor kicking .
That award, Most Vulnerable Pantywaist, Peyton always thinks
he's a lock on it. :cool:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby born2beagator » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 am

oxrageous wrote:
Alvin York wrote:To hell with the MVP or any other award. Manning has a truckload of MVP's and regular season wins. The only thing that matters is raising that Super Bowl Trophy at this stage in his career.

You lying sack. Had Manning won the MVP, you would have been the first one to start a thread about it touting his greatness.

Ban this guy and don't let him back already :neutral:
Alvin York wrote:
We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
born2beagator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:56 am

oxrageous wrote:...and having 3 turnovers that resulted in 17 Raven points. :rolleyes:

Payton Manning WAS the Ravens' offense. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by law98gator on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Wait ’til next year » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:02 am

born2beagator wrote:
oxrageous wrote:

Ban this guy and don't let him back already :neutral:

Off topic, my apologies... born2beagator - Great avatar!
Last edited by Wait ’til next year on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When the people fear their government, there is TYRANNY; when the government fears the people, there is LIBERTY" -- Thomas Jefferson
Wait ’til next year
Heisman Gator

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:59 am

oxrageous wrote:

True that
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:50 am

Alvin York wrote: To hell with the MVP or any other award. Manning has a truckload of MVP's and regular season wins. The only thing that matters is raising that Super Bowl Trophy at this stage in his career. I bet if you checked with Tom Brady fans they would be singing the same tune.

Good Greif you whine, b1tc#, moan like a little girl. Too bad you had to hit delete on that POS thread you would have posted hyping Melon head had he won. Again, you were told that PM would lose in the playoffs and Peterson wins the MVP. You should have not been surprised. Heck, AP should have gotten CPY for the knee and the time frame that he did it in too. But there still is a sense of azz kissin' Pety Boy still in the NFL. So get over it.

Congrats AP, you deserve it.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Homer J » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:50 am

FunnGun wrote:He did get the come back player of the year. I guess not getting paralyzed because your over sized melon is welded on is an accomplishment.

Technically, AP shouldn't have been eligible for this. He got hurt on week 16 of the season. He missed a game and a half last season. What he overcame was every bit as severe as Peyton and he did it in a shorter period of time, and I think that is why he nudged him in all of the other categories.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RByte » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:10 am

law98gator wrote:
oxrageous wrote:...and having 3 turnovers that resulted in 17 Raven points. :rolleyes:

Payton Manning WAS the Ravens' offense. :lol: :lol: :lol:

+1, and threw the game sealer pick.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Alvin York wrote:
oxrageous wrote:
Alvin York wrote:

Remember the reality of the game. If Manning or any quarterback had 10 turnovers all is forgiven if you drive your team to the winning touchdown with less than a minute left in the game. last time I looked Manning was on the bench when Flacco thew the miracle touchdown not to mention the inexplicable 2 or 3 long ball touchdowns given up by all pro Champ Bailey.

I rest my case.

No. I'm not through. I made this statement a long time ago. To hell with the MVP or any other award. Manning has a truckload of MVP's and regular season wins. The only thing that matters is raising that Super Bowl Trophy at this stage in his career. I bet if you checked with Tom Brady fans they would be singing the same tune.

Your right that's all that matters, and melonhead blew it again. Don't blame it on Champ blame on the All World player manning and his lack of arm strength for losing this one.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby kcgator » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Peyton visits Stonehenge...
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum