Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -THE DUDE-, bradgator2, CivilGator, Class of '78, Clawhammergator, gatormoe1, gatorpe, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, WobbleGator and 49 guests

***UF vs Ole Miss Basketball Thread***

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

***UF vs Ole Miss Basketball Thread***

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 pm

I know it is a day early but I'm ready to get the discussion going. We are coming off a very impressive win the other day. How do you think we will fair against Ole Miss?

Prediction: UF 75 Ole Miss 55

Ole miss lost a couple of players and are playing on the road. Henderson will get to double digits while taking more than 20+ contested shots. The rest of the team will struggle against our defense. What are your thoughts?
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Re: ***UF vs Ole Miss Basketball Thread***

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Henderson will score 20+. Of course he will 3/35 and Florida will win by 15.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby NVGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:45 pm

The line won't be out till later today, but I'm guessing it will be north of 20 pts. So, I'm saying we will cover and closer to 24 pts.

I don't believe Hendy will get his 20 pts. He'll be in the teens, but locked down under 20.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:47 pm

NVGator wrote:The line won't be out till later today, but I'm guessing it will be north of 20 pts. So, I'm saying we will cover and closer to 24 pts.

I don't believe Hendy will get his 20 pts. He'll be in the teens, but locked down under 20.

He'll be throwing a tantrum at mid-court by halftime.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Jabberdave wrote:
NVGator wrote:The line won't be out till later today, but I'm guessing it will be north of 20 pts. So, I'm saying we will cover and closer to 24 pts.

:lol: :lol:

I loved watching that ref their last game stop play and made him go back and pick up the ball. I'd love to see his coach sit his butt down for significant time just to prove he's not better than the team.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Hopeful possibilities :

1) His 'frantics' disgusts Young enuf to ignite Patric to bball 'monstery'

2) Welbekin has his highest steals game.

3) Boyton, Murphy, even Frazier > make 3s look 'easy-pleasey'.

4) "Air-ball, Air-ball"

5) He befouls out.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby JaxGatorKnot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Another bloodbath :D :lol:
JaxGatorKnot
Senior Gator

Postby ATXGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm

I think we win by 20+ and keep Hendy under 20. He hasn't played anybody who can guard him like Scottie can and he will take a ton of shots trying to do something against our D instead of working with his team.

How good are we, that we are all predicting at least a 15 point win over a top 20 team....
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:30 pm

ATXGator wrote:I think we win by 20+ and keep Hendy under 20. He hasn't played anybody who can guard him like Scottie can and he will take a ton of shots trying to do something against our D instead of working with his team.

How good are we, that we are all predicting at least a 15 point win over a top 20 team....

If the poles came out today, I believe they would be between 23-25 after the loss to UK at home and UK would be just a spot or two above them.

Guardian posted yesterday where the SEC is the 7th best conference out there. We are down.... WAY down.

At 20+ point loss to UF might just send this team in a tail spin further south and possibly out of the top 25.

guardian wrote:
Gouryella wrote:The SEC was stronger last year. I don't think too many would disagree. Does anyone know how historically bad the SEC is this year. I know it is one of the worst its ever been since I've been a fan. That doesn't mean we aren't the real deal. The SEC pretty much sucks this year though.

Sagarin isn't a god or anything, but his computer rankings are usually solid:

1 BIG TEN
2 BIG EAST
3 BIG 12
4 ATLANTIC COAST
5 PAC-12
6 MOUNTAIN WEST
7 SOUTHEASTERN
8 ATLANTIC 10
9 MISSOURI VALLEY
10 WEST COAST

That's how bad the SEC is this season.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1213.htm
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:48 pm

A minor mention about a poll of conference strengths is that a top
team in a "down" conference could contend for the top-spot in a
high-ranked conference.... let's hope just that. Gotta wait 'til
march to see.

But UK is growing goodish ? Ole Miss is somewhat respected. Both
are excellent teams for us to beat by a "no-doubt margin".

:chomp:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby jagator0 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Jabberdave wrote:

Line is Ole Miss +14
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:00 pm

I put my avatar on the line that Henderson gets 20+.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby NVGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:02 pm

jagator0 wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

Line is Ole Miss +14

Link?
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby WhoGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:02 pm

UK may be improving, but they are far from getting goodish. They were losing to Ole Miss in the first half and then decided to make a few shots in the second half. Ole Miss has no defense. Noel will foul out against us and the guards will play like they have most of the season... out of control and turnover city.

As for Ole Miss and their big-time shooter/scorer... Scottie/Kenny will make it a point to hold him under 20 and for the boy it will be his "End-fer-son" (how's that Rog?). The only reason he had 21 vs Can't-ukee was 9 first half free throws, which he won't get against us. He was 4-19 for Pete's sake!

Blow out city... hope they enjoyed their week in the top 20.

WhoGator
True Gator

Postby jagator0 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:04 pm

NVGator wrote:
jagator0 wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:

Line is Ole Miss +14

Link?

http://www.betonline.ag/
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby SC Gator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Gators already up by 20
In all kinds of weather.
SC Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:11 pm

WhoGator wrote:UK may be improving, but they are far from getting goodish. They were losing to Ole Miss in the first half and then decided to make a few shots in the second half. Ole Miss has no defense. Noel will foul out against us and the guards will play like they have most of the season... out of control and turnover city.

As for Ole Miss and their big-time shooter/scorer... Scottie/Kenny will make it a point to hold him under 20 and for the boy it will be his "End-fer-son" (how's that Rog?). The only reason he had 21 vs Can't-ukee was 9 first half free throws, which he won't get against us. He was 4-19 for Pete's sake!

Blow out city... hope they enjoyed their week in the top 20.

Well damn 'Who' ...
I agree with everything you disagreed with me about. :? :embarrassed:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WhoGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:26 pm

One more thought on Henderson after watching him the other night.

He is what Rosario wanted to be last year. I think Rosario could have been a better "Henderson-type" than Henderson himself had Billy allowed him to play with as long a leash as Andy Kennedy gives Henderson. Billy wanted a team, not the SEC's leading scorer so Rosario saw a lot of bench until he learned how to be productive in the system. I have never seen video of Rosario at Rutgers, but from watching him here I assume he averaged 17+ as a freshman and sophomore by hitting a third of 15-20 shots per game and the team was mediocre... much like Ole Miss is this year, but with a decent record because of a bad SEC.

Rosario now plays defense, takes smart shots, PASSES the ball... The change in Rosario has been tremendous.

WhoGator
True Gator

Postby GatorBart » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:11 pm

WhoGator wrote:One more thought on Henderson after watching him the other night.

He is what Rosario wanted to be last year. I think Rosario could have been a better "Henderson-type" than Henderson himself had Billy allowed him to play with as long a leash as Andy Kennedy gives Henderson. Billy wanted a team, not the SEC's leading scorer so Rosario saw a lot of bench until he learned how to be productive in the system. I have never seen video of Rosario at Rutgers, but from watching him here I assume he averaged 17+ as a freshman and sophomore by hitting a third of 15-20 shots per game and the team was mediocre... much like Ole Miss is this year, but with a decent record because of a bad SEC.

Rosario now plays defense, takes smart shots, PASSES the ball... The change in Rosario has been tremendous.

Good comparison of Mikey Ro to MH and good assumptions, Who.
Mikey Ro averaged 15 shots per game at Rutgers for the 2 years he was there. Overall he shot 38.5% from the field and 31% from 3-point land.
This year he is averaging 10 shots per game; 43.4% and 35.4% respectively from the field and 3-point land.

Mikey Ro is a streaky player like Boynton, and may be a little better at driving into the lane and creating shots. He can take over a game at times and is fun to watch when he does. I like his passion.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby -THE DUDE- » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:17 pm

WobbleGator wrote:I put my avatar on the line that Henderson gets 20+.

you really want to do that again??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum