Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 15 guests

Undecideds visit this weekend

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Undecideds visit this weekend

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 pm

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Undecideds visit this weekend

Postby phideltgator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Don't put any pressure on them.....just act naturally....you know show them the ropes and let them decide. Maybe toss in a little testicle torture for laughs.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Nice :chomp:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Mus_champ11 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm disappointed in James Clark. I think we were the 1st to offer him a scholarship and he was elated and grateful. What happened? now he sounds like a prima donna and dictatorial (a bit). Read his commments in zachs article and you will see what I mean. I could not believe it! Frankly, it made me angry. Why not send him home and the UAA will save a few bucks.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby law98gator » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:18 pm

James Clark? :yawn :
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gator98MD » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:06 am

phideltgator wrote:. Maybe toss in a little testicle torture for laughs.

Wobble just popped a full on chubby
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:32 am

“Now I want to see what Florida can do for me academically and the information to back it up,” said Clark, who plans to major in finance.

:rolleyes:
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Wait ’til next year » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 am

phideltgator wrote:Don't put any pressure on them.....just act naturally....you know show them the ropes and let them decide. Maybe toss in a little testicle torture for laughs.

I'm your man for this task! :eek:
"When the people fear their government, there is TYRANNY; when the government fears the people, there is LIBERTY" -- Thomas Jefferson
Wait ’til next year
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:56 am

Gosh if Clark doesn't sign, what part of the field will we not be
able to throw to ? :madevil:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rstropp » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:20 am

Mus_champ11 wrote:I'm disappointed in James Clark. I think we were the 1st to offer him a scholarship and he was elated and grateful. What happened? now he sounds like a prima donna and dictatorial (a bit). Read his commments in zachs article and you will see what I mean. I could not believe it! Frankly, it made me angry. Why not send him home and the UAA will save a few bucks.

I don't understand what you took such offense with in his statements. I think it's very mature (and refreshing) to hear the supposd stree he's putting on academics. He even says that he's not intersted in being promised early plaing time but wants to earn it. I don't think I'm being naive by choosing to believe him and find him to have high moral character for an 18 year old elite athlete who has been blessed with enough god given talent to hold multiple offers and being aggressively recruited by the best of the best (obviously based on his statements). I would hate to see how some of the posters here would handle being in a similar situation at a similar age/maturity level, I don't think it would be pretty.
rstropp
Redshirt Gator

Postby gatorJ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 am

DaddyGator wrote:
“Now I want to see what Florida can do for me academically and the information to back it up,” said Clark, who plans to major in finance.

Finance was a b¡tch at UF.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby GulfG8r » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:15 am

gatorJ wrote:
DaddyGator wrote:

In Mechanical Engineering I could only apply 8 credits of non-technical elective toward my degree. My roommate was a Finance major and I decided to sign up for Finance 326 as 4 of those non-tech credits. Accounting 201 was a pre-req and I didn't have it -- but I went in to the business college and talked them into letting me take the class anyway. I mean hey -- I've got 26 credit hours of higher level math -- I can add.

That Finance class kicked my ass.
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:18 am

DaddyGator wrote:

I wonder how any student does not know of our acadamics especially if they live in Florida and are considering attending. Seems like some sort of excuse for going somewhere else. As usual we only want folks who want to be Gators, others can be Gator Bait!!! Or even worse not much of anything.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby phideltgator » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:46 am

Dropped like burning embers...Economics and Accounting
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Mus_champ11 wrote:I'm disappointed in James Clark. I think we were the 1st to offer him a scholarship and he was elated and grateful. What happened? now he sounds like a prima donna and dictatorial (a bit). Read his commments in zachs article and you will see what I mean. I could not believe it! Frankly, it made me angry. Why not send him home and the UAA will save a few bucks.

“I have two schools in mind that will make the cut,” Clark said. “I'm going to see what Florida has to offer and maybe they can become my third finalist.”

maybe?
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby rstropp » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Ahhh, yup. Gotcha now. I guess then I'd have to agree... :embarrassed:
rstropp
Redshirt Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:03 pm

rstropp wrote:Ahhh, yup. Gotcha now. I guess then I'd have to agree... :embarrassed:

i did take to much offense though. HE's only 17 or 18. He's a good kid but his
ego has gotten inflated during the last 6 weeks. I'm sure he'll come down to earth soon.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:43 pm

.... uhhh still, Clark is the size of smurf with the height of smirk.
He's 5'11" , 175 lbs and he can't be as fast as Demps or Rainey.
Wonder if Demps or Rainey HS highlights looked better than Clark's.

If we got him, I for one (me), would hope a swift 6'3" guy would
beat him inside and out (WR-wise).

:chomp:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatorJ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:21 pm

GulfG8r wrote:
gatorJ wrote:
DaddyGator wrote:

In Mechanical Engineering I could only apply 8 credits of non-technical elective toward my degree. My roommate was a Finance major and I decided to sign up for Finance 326 as 4 of those non-tech credits. Accounting 201 was a pre-req and I didn't have it -- but I went in to the business college and talked them into letting me take the class anyway. I mean hey -- I've got 26 credit hours of higher level math -- I can add.

That Finance class kicked my ass.

The curve was so big that I got a 40% on the 1st test and still got a B on that test.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby Ancient Reptile » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Height? Speed? At the moment I would be pleased with any wr who could get separation.

He's considering Purdue? My wife's niece married a Purdue grad who was teasing her about graduating from a jock school (UF). Checked on the internet: UF has higher SAT scores (even quantitative), GRE scores, research dollars, etc. than Purdue. If academics are really important, I can help him with his choice.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum