Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cover2, dz_23, Gatorious, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, MSNbot Media, NoGaGator, swampfuel, Wait ’til next year, Yahoo [Bot] and 79 guests

RIP Caleb Moore

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

RIP Caleb Moore

Postby NVGator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 pm

There might not be a lot of X Game fans on this board, but this is just a sad situation for the family and friends.

A routine stunt turns into a crash that allows him to "walk it off". Presumed a concussion, then bleeding around the heart, to brain damage.

I wonder how many changes will the competition of X Games be forced to make?

http://sports.espn.go.com/xgames/news/story?id=8901435
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Re: RIP Caleb Moore

Postby phideltgator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:40 pm

I am not suprised. If I had it my way I would take every Jet Ski, Snowmobile and All Terrain vehicle..... build a giant mountain of the worthless crap and burn it. No others will be made.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 pm

phideltgator wrote:I am not suprised. If I had it my way I would take every Jet Ski, Snowmobile and All Terrain vehicle..... build a giant mountain of the worthless crap and burn it. No others will be made.

Seriously? Should we burn all cars, too? How many people a year die in traffic accidents?
oxrageous

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:51 pm

It was reported today that life is a risk factor for dying.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:53 pm

Too young, too soon. Tragic.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:03 pm

Really sad, but he definitely knew the risks going in. This has been a bad X-Games with the snowmobiling events. One rider dies, and another snowmobile drives off unmanned into a crowd of spectators. Methinks we won't be seeing this event next year.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:05 pm

It is sad, but it is the X games and they are way more dangerous than other sporting events.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby Vatgator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:08 pm

Sad, but the X Games athletes are a whole other type of athletes. Really admire them for putting it on the line all the time. Not surprised this happened; suprprised that it doesn't happen more.

Compare them to the whining ass tennis players
Vatgator
True Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:28 pm

Crazy. His crash was the only part of the X games that I saw.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorTAG » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:28 pm

What the X-Gamers can do on a snowmobile or motorcycle is insane. I'm shocked this is the first death given how these guys push the limits like they do.

Don't watch if you have a queasy stomach.

Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:38 pm

These guys are serious professionals in their sport. The time and practice they put into their tricks is no different than any other professional athlete. Hours are spent flipping these machines into foam pits.

Just a freak accident. I doubt any changes will be made.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:39 pm

His brother also crashed in the games and separated his pelvis.
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby phideltgator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:45 pm

oxrageous wrote:
phideltgator wrote:I am not suprised. If I had it my way I would take every Jet Ski, Snowmobile and All Terrain vehicle..... build a giant mountain of the worthless crap and burn it. No others will be made.

Seriously? Should we burn all cars, too? How many people a year die in traffic accidents?

We build roads for cars and they should stay on them. We do not build roads for the above crap. They just abuse and destroy the rest of the land, water and snow in one form or another. Light the match.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby CapitalGator02 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:48 pm

phideltgator wrote:We build roads for cars and they should stay on them. We do not build roads for the above crap. They just abuse and destroy the rest of the land, water and snow in one form or another. Light the match.

Huh?
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:54 pm

CapitalGator02 wrote:
phideltgator wrote:We build roads for cars and they should stay on them. We do not build roads for the above crap. They just abuse and destroy the rest of the land, water and snow in one form or another. Light the match.

Huh?

I think we got us a real live tree hugger here.

Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby kcgator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:55 pm

CapitalGator02 wrote:His brother also crashed in the games and separated his pelvis.

Ouch! I'd rather be dead.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby phideltgator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:56 pm

It was so much better enjoying the great outdoors before the human race decided they needed a high performance motor on everything. These toys have totaly f up the outdoor experience.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:57 pm

phideltgator wrote:
oxrageous wrote:

We build roads for cars and they should stay on them. We do not build roads for the above crap. They just abuse and destroy the rest of the land, water and snow in one form or another. Light the match.

So it's okay to "abuse and destroy" the land for roads, but not for something like this. Got it.

oxrageous

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:58 pm

phideltgator wrote:It was so much better enjoying the great outdoors before the human race decided they needed a high performance motor on everything. These toys have totaly f up the outdoor experience.

Have you seen the amount of untouched land there is on this planet? Trust me, keep looking and you'll find some.
oxrageous

Postby bradgator2 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:08 pm

This is more of phidelt's comfort zone:
bradgator2
All-American Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum