Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, TN G8tr and 25 guests

Blakely gone from Auburn

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Blakely gone from Auburn

Postby WhoGator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:48 am

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20130130/APS/1301301137

Champ is an unbelievable judge of character... if he lets them transfer, they seriously weren't worth keeping. If they decommit, rest assured that Will allowed it to happen. Doesn't matter if it's a 4-star recruit from Crestview who winds up with a mug shot photo after a "mutual" decommitment or a malcontent back-up QB whose public appearance did not reflect the true division he was stirring up in the locker room... if your not good for the "team", we don't need you.
Individually you may be a two-time All-SEC DB and might be the best player on the team, but if you break the rules and don't lead by example, you're a cancer... go play JUCO ball on your way to the NFL all-rookie team.
If you're worth keeping but just a little unhappy, Champ will talk you into staying, but if we see that you transferred to Louisville, we know you weren't ever going to help this team.

Bottom line... the guy knows who he's recruiting, coaching and keeping. I won't be pissed again if we lose a recruit or if a player I like transfers.

:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Re: Blakely gone from Auburn

Postby TommyGator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:51 am

In Boom we trust!
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:15 am

WhoGator wrote:Individually you may be a two-time All-SEC DB and might be the best player on the team, but if you break the rules and don't lead by example, you're a cancer... go play JUCO ball on your way to the NFL all-rookie team.

He didn't go Juco, of course, but the point is valid. When we look back on that, it may well be viewed as a key to recovering from the cancer of the out-of-control team of the previous regime.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WhoGator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks for letting me slide Law... I was on a late-night roll. :lol:

WhoGator
True Gator

Postby The RH Factor » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 am

With so few running backs on the team, I have a hunch Blakely left because he and Malzahn didn't see eye-to-eye and it allows Auburn time to recruit another running back.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorInKnox » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:31 am

WhoGator wrote:Thanks for letting me slide Law... I was on a late-night roll. :lol:

You got a positive response from Law. I'd still feel pretty proud.
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby buck16 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:53 am

Why does
Blakely have to be a bad guy. Several athletes are trapped when a coaching change occurs. If they are uncomfortable, it does not make them villians because they want a change.

Coach Boom might try to be a tough guy. But he knows his job depends on getting top players . If the word is passed that he is intolerent, those recruits will dry up and the fans will be shouting out. There are indeed troubled athletes. But there are good athletes caught in a system that is not to there liking. It does not make them a villiam. Because JJ could not leave smoking alone does not make him a villian, he is just not the type of player that UF desires.

I find it tough to sit and find fault with every situation and blow out of proportion every incident that happen at 130 plus schools with over 100 athletes each.
buck16
Senior Gator

Postby WhoGator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:07 am

The RH Factor wrote:With so few running backs on the team, I have a hunch Blakely left because he and Malzahn didn't see eye-to-eye and it allows Auburn time to recruit another running back.

I think he saw the recruits coming in and didn't see eye-to-eye with competing for a job. Pulled the same crap with us because we recruited Matt Jones with him and already had Mack Brown.

Remember... He was recruited by Malzhan at Auburn and left UF to go play for him, sat out a year with Malzhan as OC and then played quite a bit as a RS freshman under the non-Malzhan offensive joke that was Auburn last year. He should have been happy Malzhan was back.

My take... He wants things handed to him.

WhoGator
True Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:23 am

Blakely sucks.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:33 am

WhoGator wrote:My take... He wants things handed to him.

See what you did ..... running-back that wants things handed to him. :cool:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WhoGator » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:47 am

rogdochar wrote:
WhoGator wrote:My take... He wants things handed to him.

See what you did ..... running-back that wants things handed to him. :cool:

:D :D :D imitating your "Rog-vocabutwist" without trying... I feel honored.

WhoGator
True Gator

Postby bradgator2 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:11 pm

buck16 wrote:Why does
Blakely have to be a bad guy. Several athletes are trapped when a coaching change occurs. If they are uncomfortable, it does not make them villians because they want a change.

Coach Boom might try to be a tough guy. But he knows his job depends on getting top players . If the word is passed that he is intolerent, those recruits will dry up and the fans will be shouting out. There are indeed troubled athletes. But there are good athletes caught in a system that is not to there liking. It does not make them a villiam. Because JJ could not leave smoking alone does not make him a villian, he is just not the type of player that UF desires.

I find it tough to sit and find fault with every situation and blow out of proportion every incident that happen at 130 plus schools with over 100 athletes each.

How about a single athlete that has left 2 different Div 1 programs? He was trapped twice?
bradgator2
All-American Gator

Postby scmike » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 pm

Blakely had his chance to be a Gator, but he apparently let his ego get in the way. He will probably now end up at the pinacle of academic and athletic excellence - North Alabama.
scmike
Senior Gator

Postby rogdochar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:44 pm

:hanging2: "Whew", our transfer won't be in the Heisman race.
(Oh Gawd, hope my race remark goes 'unheeted'.)
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby cover2 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 pm

bradgator2 wrote:

How about a single athlete that has left 2 different Div 1 programs? He was trapped twice?

Blakely apparently didn't feel like the staff was giving him enough love and/or not promising him playing time/starting position when he came in as a freshman. His foster dad tried to tell him that it wasn't out of the ordinary for him to have to actually earn his pt and that freshmen often must "pay their dues" so to speak, especially at an SEC school. He elected to jump quickly to Auburn and got some pt up there, but I guess another regime change was more than he could handle. FWIW, I think he's basically a good kid and has some potential, but despite the best efforts of the good folks that raised him and worked hard to get him eligible for admission to UF, he's making a lot of "teenage" decisions, still.
"I aim to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hang in Ft. Smith at Judge Parker's convenience! Which'll it be?"
cover2
Heisman Gator

Postby mtn2top » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:53 pm

bradgator2 wrote:

This.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:07 pm

It's been nice to see us recruit high character guys and make it a priority. We take chances just like anyone else but hard working and coach-able seem to apply to almost every kid in this group and the last.

Great read on Jarrad Davis. He's going to be fun to watch.

http://florida.scout.com/2/1262634.html

....When you get a player that won’t talk, you don’t expect much when you finally get him. Usually reserved and maybe not flashy in their language, you just want to get whatever you can out of them. That isn’t the case with Jarrad Davis. The Kingsland (GA) Camden County High School All-Star has a lot to say and sounds good when doing so.
I actually found this out by first talking to his high school coach. Jeff Herron runs a championship program at Camden County and has had his share of big time ball players. He couldn’t speak more highly of Davis if he had to.

“I think the world of him,” Herron old me earlier this week. “He is just a great kid. He has never been a problem in any way, shape, or form for us. He is a kid that when you walk in our weight room he will be out-working everyone in there. If you come to practice he will be going harder at practice than anyone. In the classroom he will be working harder than anyone. He is just that kind of man and he got that from his momma.

“He is so hard working and dedicated and self-motivated. You just really appreciate that as a coach.”

That is high praise from a coach with a pedigree like Herron has. Of course Herron also knows he is one heck of a football player.

“He is very aggressive, almost too much so,” the personable coach said with a laugh. “In practice we would have to calm him down. He just has one speed and that’s fast. He has good range, good coverage skills, is a physical kid, and is a very smart and intelligent kid.”

FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Homer J » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:28 pm

WhoGator wrote:
The RH Factor wrote:With so few running backs on the team, I have a hunch Blakely left because he and Malzahn didn't see eye-to-eye and it allows Auburn time to recruit another running back.

I think he saw the recruits coming in and didn't see eye-to-eye with competing for a job. Pulled the same crap with us because we recruited Matt Jones with him and already had Mack Brown.

Remember... He was recruited by Malzhan at Auburn and left UF to go play for him, sat out a year with Malzhan as OC and then played quite a bit as a RS freshman under the non-Malzhan offensive joke that was Auburn last year. He should have been happy Malzhan was back.

My take... He wants things handed to him.

Yes. He is another of these kids that love being a recruit more than they love playing the game.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby buck16 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:23 pm

unfortunately not all players are high-character guys. This goes for all walks of life. You mentioned a guy that left 2 dic. schools, how about Josh Portis?
These guys are no different from others in society. What about the guys/ladies that change jobs every year? These are 18 and 19 year-old ego driven players. Every walk of life have these type of people. They are promised everything during the recruiting game and are overwhelmed by all the attention.

I don't have an infinity for any of these on-the-fence players but I wish them well and hope they find an environment that they find comfortable.
buck16
Senior Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Rumor that he will go to usf. Makes sense on one level; he will be close to home. But I guess he will have to sit out another year, which will have him playing one year out of three. Oddly, even with an offense that didn't fit him at UF, he might have been effective in the slot, running sweeps, returning punts, etc., and even going to the NFL after next year. He really looked good to me in hs.

If we were generous, we might wonder if there is a family situation that calls him home.
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum