Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests

Tiger Woods

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Tiger Woods

Postby Zambo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:18 pm

I guess he's all washed up, huh Alvin?
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Re: Tiger Woods

Postby Gator98MD » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Nice win indeed, but at this point in his career majors are all that matter
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby 8802gator » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:15 pm

He has had no problem winning regular tournaments the last couple of years. The majors are what he lives for, and have not been able to get over the hump yet. He still has some sort of mental block that he deals with.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby MJMGator » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Golf is better with Tiger in it. I'd like to see him break that major slump this year. It's just not the same unless Tiger is in the hunt.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:24 pm

MJMGator wrote:Golf is better with Tiger in it. I'd like to see him break that major slump this year. It's just not the same unless Tiger is in the hunt.

So the media can drool over him and track his every move on the course? I almost prefer watching tournaments when he isn't in the hunt.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby MJMGator » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:
MJMGator wrote:Golf is better with Tiger in it. I'd like to see him break that major slump this year. It's just not the same unless Tiger is in the hunt.

So the media can drool over him and track his every move on the course? I almost prefer watching tournaments when he isn't in the hunt.

To each his own. I was a golf fan long before Tiger, but for some reason I have just lost interest these days when he's not on the leader board. I have several golfing buddies that are the same way. Go figure?
t-gator wrote:
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 pm

MJMGator wrote:
Swamp Queen wrote:

To each his own. I was a golf fan long before Tiger, but for some reason I have just lost interest these days when he's not on the leader board. I have several golfing buddies that are the same way. Go figure?

Oh he definitely did A LOT for golf and that can never be denied. I've just grown tired of his story and his antics. It's exciting to see others win and compete. That's just me.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Zambo » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:37 pm

There hasn't been much to report about Tiger and his shenanigans etc for quite a while now. And his golf game has been very streaky and even when he was winning he wasn't really playing like the Tiger of old.

This weekend was different though IMO. He seemed to be playing far more controlled tee to green than I've seen him play in quite a while. His approach shots were vastly improved and his wedges were darn near perfect...a far cry from the wedge play that I witnessed last year.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby MJMGator » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Zambo wrote:There hasn't been much to report about Tiger and his shenanigans etc for quite a while now. And his golf game has been very streaky and even when he was winning he wasn't really playing like the Tiger of old.

This weekend was different though IMO. He seemed to be playing far more controlled tee to green than I've seen him play in quite a while. His approach shots were vastly improved and his wedges were darn near perfect...a far cry from the wedge play that I witnessed last year.

Agreed. He was still a little spotty off the tee, but he always has been. His short game looked much improved.
t-gator wrote:
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Alvin York » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Zambo wrote:I guess he's all washed up, huh Alvin?

Winning meaningless rinky dink tournaments in the dead of winter don't constitute a river of success. Maybe next week he can win a Putt-Putt tournament.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby MJMGator » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Alvin York wrote:

Winning meaningless rinky dink tournaments in the dead of winter don't constitute a river of success. Maybe next week he can win a Putt-Putt tournament.

Sounds eerily similar to the season The Happy Footed Forehead had, doesn't it?
t-gator wrote:
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby ChattanooGATOR » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:51 pm

:lol:
ChattanooGATOR
All-American Gator

Postby FunnGun » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Yeah sure, this is all good and everything, but what I want to know is his Swedish Blonde ex going to accept his 100 million dollar offer to come back to him?
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Alvin York » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:53 pm

MJMGator wrote:
Alvin York wrote:

Sounds eerily similar to the season The Happy Footed Forehead had, doesn't it?

Exactly but you might want to add Tommy Boy to that meaningless wins club. This makes 8 straight years since he's won a Super Bowl.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 pm

FunnGun wrote:Yeah sure, this is all good and everything, but what I want to know is his Swedish Blonde ex going to accept his 100 million dollar offer to come back to him?

Now that would be a major hole in won.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:01 pm

rogdochar wrote:
FunnGun wrote:Yeah sure, this is all good and everything, but what I want to know is his Swedish Blonde ex going to accept his 100 million dollar offer to come back to him?

Now that would be a major hole in won.

I'm thinking she nucking futs if she doesn't take it. No way he can restrain himself around loose women. Easiest money ever won. Hell, I don't bet and I would lay action on him going down in flames. :lol:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorBart » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:00 am

Alvin York wrote:

I wouldn't call winning at Torrey Pines 'rinky-dink'; however, we should take into account that Tiger just kills that course (8th victory on that course alone). He's obviously very comfortable there. Similar to The Memorial (Jack's tourney) and Augusta. I agree with 8082 that all that really matters for Tiger are the majors. Let's see how he does with those this year.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Zambo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 am

Lol, Alvin. Torrey Pines is always the first 'real' tourney of the year and its a course that hosts the friggin US Open. The reason Tiger wins on that type of course is because it separates the men from the boys, unlike your local muni where any pro can hit a 66.

I agree that Tiger is only about the majors but this type of tourney is a great sign for him. Last year he was hitting down on the ball way too much with his short clubs, taking divots the size of dinner plates with the result of horrible distance control. If he's figured out that part of his game the tour better watch out.
GET A GRIP!
Zambo
Bull Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 am

Maybe he's hitting some strange again.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:34 am

Sasquatch Gator wrote:Maybe he's hitting some strange again.

Perkins opened a new location.

Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum