Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackLabGator, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 42 guests

Derek Dooley hired!

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Derek Dooley hired!

Postby Red D » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Dallas Cowboys picked him up accoring to ESPN. Now I have yet another reason to hate the 'Boys. Guess they want to stay mired in mediocrity.
Red D
Senior Gator

Re: Derek Dooley hired!

Postby oxrageous » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:19 pm

oxrageous

Postby DaddyGator » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:32 pm

He does have nice hands.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:38 pm

He's hired as their Receivers Coach. Guess, J. Jones saw our "Bray
out of bounds bomb catch by Dooley".
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Dooley couldn't coach a fish to swim. What people see in him an Lame kitten is beyond me.

Both have proven nothing but they still get jobs
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:46 pm

I hope the Cowboys draft Tyler Bray and convert him to a wide receiver.

Actually wish him luck. Feel bad for anyone that has/had to deal with that dysfunctional program. Following Kiffen and having to fix his mess wasn't easy.
Last edited by FunnGun on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby MJMGator » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:46 pm

#1GATOR FAN wrote:Dooley couldn't coach a fish to swim. What people see in him an Lame kitten is beyond me.

Both have proven nothing but they still get jobs

They have both ridden their daddy's coattails into some nice paydays.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby #1GATOR FAN » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 pm

FunnGun wrote:I hope the Cowboys draft Tyler Bray and convert him to a wide receiver.

I think they are using Dooley as a secret weapon at the WR spot
#1GATOR FAN
Heisman Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:04 am

I wonder is Jones offered Dooley a pair of silver pants to sweeten the deal?
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby The RH Factor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:43 am

CapitalGator02 wrote:I wonder is Jones offered Dooley a pair of silver pants to sweeten the deal?

He gets to keep his bright orange pants. That we, he'll be easier to see on the sidelines.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby FloridaFanatic22 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:18 am

FunnGun wrote:I hope the Cowboys draft Tyler Bray and convert him to a wide receiver.

Actually wish him luck. Feel bad for anyone that has/had to deal with that dysfunctional program. Following Kiffen and having to fix his mess wasn't easy.

You're going soft on us Fun and not in the way your women are accustomed to.. :? :lol: I just can't feel bad for a punk @$$ like Bray. I really wish he stayed so Easley could actually smash him instead of making him flinch like a little b****.
FloridaFanatic22
Senior Gator

Postby GatorMark86 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:40 am

#1GATOR FAN wrote:

I think they are using Dooley as a secret weapon at the WR spot

Your right! We know he can catch bombs. ;)
GatorMark86
Baby Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:14 pm

FunnGun wrote:Actually wish him luck. Feel bad for anyone that has/had to deal with that dysfunctional program. Following Kiffen and having to fix his mess wasn't easy.

Bray was a good deal of the dysfunction on that team, talented but a head case. The first time he starting ignoring the OC and calling his own plays, he should have been suspended immediately. When Dooley didn't do that, he lost the team.

Tinerc will be better next year just because Bray's gone. Even a 2 star QB that at least listens to the OC will be better.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:58 pm

law98gator wrote:
FunnGun wrote:Actually wish him luck. Feel bad for anyone that has/had to deal with that dysfunctional program. Following Kiffen and having to fix his mess wasn't easy.

Bray was a good deal of the dysfunction on that team, talented but a head case. The first time he starting ignoring the OC and calling his own plays, he should have been suspended immediately. When Dooley didn't do that, he lost the team.

Tinerc will be better next year just because Bray's gone.
Even a 2 star QB that at least listens to the OC will be better.

I think so too. They've had some serious team/locker room issues since Kiffen gate. I think Dooley did what he could but I think his hands were tied. I don't think he could have benched any of those guys if he had wanted too. It was pretty obvious that he wasn't calling all of the shots and some of his decisions seemed forced.

He wasn't able to recruited big time athletes but he has built a solid foundation of program guys that will help Butch going forward. Butch has it made compared to what Dooley walked in to. He's a good upper management guy and fund raiser which they needed at the time with their big investment in facilities. Losing Bray and some others should be addition through subtraction but believe it or not Tenn is in decent shape for the future because of Dooley. He isn't a great coach and they aren't a good team, but they are a better program now. Comparative to what they were anyway.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Pineywoods » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Only way the Cowboys play in the Super Bowl in the next five years is on a video game
Pineywoods
Senior Gator

Postby JoeGator96 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Well at least the next coach at UT will not have to deal with "shower hygiene"
RebelGator wrote:Also, you're ignorant enough to think 46 is a conservative. His/her posts reek of liberal elitism and condescending pseudo intellectualism...much like your own liberal trash.
JoeGator96
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:59 pm

JoeGator96 wrote:

Well at least the next coach at UT will not have to deal with "shower hygiene"

.... shower hi-jinks ??
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby willgetin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Red D wrote:Dallas Cowboys picked him up accoring to ESPN. Now I have yet another reason to hate the 'Boys. Guess they want to stay mired in mediocrity.

I've been a long time fan, since like 1970. Even when they went 1-15 in 89 the year they hired my most hated college coach, Jimmy Johnson. Stuck with em through thick and thin.

With the recent hires of Kiffen and Dooley, I think I have decided that while we won't win many games the next few years, at least it will be funny hearing stories about Kiffen and Dooley being on the same team...
Alv: We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
Alv: You do realize your signature bums me out more than any other Jort rabble on the GSMB...Any chance you would...remove it?
willgetin
Heisman Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:56 pm

His last name is Dooley, therefore, wish him zero success.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorKen » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:06 pm

bringing the buttchug to the DUIboys huh?
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum