Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Gatorbythebay, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], itsgr82baflagator, Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, Trung, UFever and 62 guests

At the UF v uga(sux) BB game

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

At the UF v uga(sux) BB game

Postby atlanta-gator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Not earth shaking, but I enjoyed it...

Coach Richt was sitting two sections in front of us. At halftime I walked down to say "Hi".

Politely I said, "Coach, I don't want to bother you, I just wanted to shake your hand."

He smiled and shook hands...

"Coach, I just have to say this to you <pause>"

"Yes ???"

"Go Gators"

He was not amused...

I enjoyed
atlanta-gator
Freshman Gator

Re: At the UF v uga(sux) BB game

Postby gatorpe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Cute but Richt seems really to be a good guy. And with a two game wins streak should have taken it easily. Or called security.
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Postby atlanta-gator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 pm

gatorpe wrote:Cute but Richt seems really to be a good guy. And with a two game wins streak should have taken it easily. Or called security.

You're kidding, right ???
I was respectful and polite, and so was he...
I agree he is a good guy and he proved it last night.

Lighten up Lucy...
atlanta-gator
Freshman Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Since my younger son is a UGA grad, and we have a lot of UGA grads in our family, not to mention my brother-in-law who was a starting DT for Dooley, if it were me, I would have asked for a photo of the two of us. I'm sure all of my relatives would have gotten a kick out of it.

Seriously though, I have heard he's a pretty good guy, even if he is Gator bait
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby tillsb » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Called security for what?
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby ATXGator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Were you not wearing Gator gear at the game? I assume he should have seen your Gator shirt and not been surprised by that...
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby PowerGator79 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:52 pm

SavannahGator wrote:Since my younger son is a UGA grad, and we have a lot of UGA grads in our family, not to mention my brother-in-law who was a starting DT for Dooley, if it were me, I would have asked for a photo of the two of us. I'm sure all of my relatives would have gotten a kick out of it.

Seriously though, I have heard he's a pretty good guy, even if he is Gator bait

Bill Goldberg?
PowerGator79
Freshman Gator

Postby birdawg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:48 pm

atlanta-gator wrote:Not earth shaking, but I enjoyed it...

Coach Richt was sitting two sections in front of us. At halftime I walked down to say "Hi".

Politely I said, "Coach, I don't want to bother you, I just wanted to shake your hand."

He smiled and shook hands...

"Coach, I just have to say this to you <pause>"

"Yes ???"

"Go Gators"

He was not amused...

I enjoyed

Is this the old Atlanta-Gator, or did you hijack his handle. I know this board has rebooted about 6 times since the Spurrier days and the post counts aren't representative, but the old Atlanta-Gator would have about 6000 posts minimum. Haven't seen the old AG around much.
birdawg
Senior Gator

Postby atlanta-gator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Yeah, it's me Bird and i still hate me some dawgs ... :razz:
atlanta-gator
Freshman Gator

Postby birdawg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:04 pm

atlanta-gator wrote:Yeah, it's me Bird and i still hate me some dawgs ... :razz:

Ha! Good. I would lose all respect for you if you softened in your old age. Good to see you around. All these new guys aren't as much fun as you and some of the guys that don't come around anymore. Still hitting the golf ball? I had to shut it down after rotator cuff surgery. Now I need the other shoulder done. I hate getting old. As long as I can still cast my fly rod........
birdawg
Senior Gator

Postby HickoryFlatGator » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm

atlanta-gator....Mike, is that you? Dan here. Haven't seen you around in a long time. ///Birdawg, there's a lot of us hanging around but we just read and don't post. The attitude and drama gets to be a bit much, if you know what I mean.
HickoryFlatGator
Baby Gator

Postby birdawg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:19 pm

I understand Hickory. This used to be an excellent board for fans of a lot of teams to come to and talk sports, without all that smack crap. Certainly there were a few idiots but there was a good contingent of fans of various teams that made it interesting. I think it is interesting to get some relatively objective views on other teams from their fans, and even views on UGA from non biased fans. The Dawgvent wears me out sometimes. Dealing with the haters and the sunshine pumpers. Since it is a paid rivals site we don't get many opposing fans there. We had some Bama fans doing the free trial before the SEC and they were pretty good. Oh, well. I am like you and AG, I come around but don't post as much as the old days. I am about as smack free as they come and I still get blasted by a few here.
birdawg
Senior Gator

Postby HickoryFlatGator » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 am

birdawg....honestly, I was talking about all the bickering and venom I sometimes see from gator posters attacking other gators. that is why I just backed away and only read now (mostly). But perhaps I'll be a little more outspoken in the future. Have always enjoyed your postings.
HickoryFlatGator
Baby Gator

Postby atlanta-gator » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:57 am

Yeah, Hick, you caught me. Jonesie sticks his nose in here from time to time, also...

Hick and Bird, I agree with both your posts. Sometimes change is good, sometime, not so much... Guess it depends on one's point of view.
atlanta-gator
Freshman Gator

Postby shortcast » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:58 pm

atlanta-gator wrote:Yeah, Hick, you caught me. Jonesie sticks his nose in here from time to time, also...

Hick and Bird, I agree with both your posts. Sometimes change is good, sometime, not so much... Guess it depends on one's point of view.

Old Home week :question: :lol:
"Apparently, I'm supposed to be more angry about what Mitt Romney does with his money than what Barack Obama does with mine." David Burge Iowa Blog
shortcast
Senior Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum