Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ancient Reptile, Clawhammergator, divits888, f18bundy, g8rbob, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, mtn2top and 52 guests

Favorite quote from AP story abt UF/UGA BB Game.

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Favorite quote from AP story abt UF/UGA BB Game.

Postby Ringer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 am

By the end, there were only a smattering of fans left, most of them wearing blue.

Love ripping their heart out!

:D

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Re: Favorite quote from AP story abt UF/UGA BB Game.

Postby rogdochar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 am

"What smatter with fans ?
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Ringer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 pm

rogdochar wrote:"What smatter with fans ?

I see what you did there.

:lol:

Ya et yet? :D

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby SavannahGator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Ringer wrote:
By the end, there were only a smattering of fans left, most of them wearing blue.

And then stomping on it.

Most UGA fans here will tell you that they don't follow hoops - as if it doesn't matter to them that their team sux, all that matters to them is football (or maybe gymnastics, :lol: ).

Saw the Mizzou game in ATL b/c I was up there for a wedding on Sunday. Was watching it at a bar that had a table full of Mizzou fans. They were very polite, even though we were pulverizing them. One had his undergrad from Mizzou and MBA from UGA, he was wearing Mizzou colors. He said he's heard the same s**t from UGA fans about "not caring" about their sorry hoops team, that it's "not football". He felt that's a cop-out, that if you're an alum/fan of the school, you should support ALL of it's teams. I agree.

On TV, you could tell that UGA's Stegeman Col. was not even half-full. I've been there, and trust me, the upper levels make you feel like you're in a dungeon they're so dark. Given that, and that no one was sitting in those black seats in the upper deck, on TV the whole coliseum looked dark & empty. Just pitiful.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby jagator0 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Fans are fans. they aren't going to support a team that loses all the time. UGA fans would jump on the bandwagon if they were winning, just like you'd be able to sit anywhere you want at the O'Dome for $5 if we were as bad as they are. I bet Ole Miss tickets are hard to come by this year. But soon they'll be playing in an empty arena again.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Don't lump all fans in that statement. I've been a Gator since being a Gator wasn't cool. I've seen bandwagon fans jump on and off and back on and etc. I follow as many Gator sports that I can can find on TV and have been to MANY Gator sporting evens, football, basketball and baseball hell if they were playing marbles and I was in Gainesville I would go see it. It's not always about winning (yes it is) but the hanging with your best friends at games and at home watching the sports, sure winning is the best but even in a bad year if we beat the voles and the Seminoles it's been a decent year. People that spout the crap that they do about their school not being this or that and they only follow...shallow fans
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby BSJGator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Ringer wrote:

I noted with great pleasure that you could hear the call and response "Orange," and "Blue" over the tv announcers... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:55 pm

SavannahGator wrote:Most UGA fans here will tell you that they don't follow hoops

Most Gators will tell you they don't follow hoops. Or anything other than football.

Sorry, I clicked on this thread accidentally. :lol:
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Return to Gatorsports Forum