Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, digitalwangsta, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, soflagator, Yahoo [Bot] and 49 guests

If Ray Lewis could murder people in Atlanta

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

If Ray Lewis could murder people in Atlanta

Postby MatthewM. » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Imagine what he can get away with in New Orleans :eek:
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Re: If Ray Lewis could murder people in Atlanta

Postby FunnGun » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:32 pm

MattM, if you're going to bring drugs to school, you need to share with the class.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:50 pm

He's completely changed his life around since killing 2 people. Haven't you been paying attention? :lol:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby gatordad3 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Too bad Ray Lewis is taking everything he knows about that night of the murders with him to his grave.
gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:00 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:He's completely changed his life around since killing 2 people. Haven't you been paying attention? :lol:

Matt, or ray ray?
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby williston_gator » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:25 pm

That's how he gets away with talking about God any time he's in front of a camera without scrutiny...he's still got that "killed a guy street cred coolness". Unlike Timmy who rarely mentions religion unless asked but is portrayed as if he preaches a sermon 24/7 to those that don't want to hear it.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Could you imagine the backlash if Tebow acted in the same exact way Ray has in front of the camera the past few weeks lol
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:He's completely changed his life around since killing 2 people. Haven't you been paying attention? :lol:

Exactly. And because he has turned his life around, The murders never happened.
Are you people not paying attention to what goes on in this country now?

It doesn't matter what you have done or did not do, as long as you put on a good face for the media, you are golden.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby Homer J » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Ray just got lucky that the DA in ATL is incompetent.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Ray wins games, so all is forgiven.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby CapitalGator02 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Be elected mayor
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby Homer J » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Here's what Wes Welker's wife thinks of Ray Lewis.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:48 pm

williston_gator wrote:That's how he gets away with talking about God any time he's in front of a camera without scrutiny...he's still got that "killed a guy street cred coolness". Unlike Timmy who rarely mentions religion unless asked but is portrayed as if he preaches a sermon 24/7 to those that don't want to hear it.

Yeah, he knows it. I'd be calling on God too if my azz was on the line for two murders.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
oxrageous

Postby NoGaGator » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:34 pm

The guy's a THUG - always has been. Welker's wife didn't say anything wrong in her twitter - she was just quoting Ray Ray's Wikipedia page. She shouldn't have apologized.

I was living in Atl when the murders happened. Atlanta's Mayor (since convicted himself of various crimes and having served time in a federal prison in FL) grandstanded the whole case and pressured the DA into charging RayRay on Murder #1. If they would have gone for a lesser charge, Ray would have ended up spending some major time.

He later agreed to pay $$$ to the relatives of the two dead guys in a civil case.

I can't stand how the media fawns all over themselves re: RayRay. He can't retire soon enough.

Even worse is that he already has an offer with BSPN.
NoGaGator
All-American Gator

Postby Ringer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:02 pm

NoGaGator wrote:The guy's a THUG - always has been. Welker's wife didn't say anything wrong in her twitter - she was just quoting Ray Ray's Wikipedia page. She shouldn't have apologized.

I was living in Atl when the murders happened. Atlanta's Mayor (since convicted himself of various crimes and having served time in a federal prison in FL) grandstanded the whole case and pressured the DA into charging RayRay on Murder #1. If they would have gone for a lesser charge, Ray would have ended up spending some major time.

He later agreed to pay $$$ to the relatives of the two dead guys in a civil case.

I can't stand how the media fawns all over themselves re: RayRay. He can't retire soon enough.

Even worse is that he already has an offer with BSPN.

I thought he was charged and convicted of Obstruction only?

The civil suits were settled because of his desire to get it all behind him.

I don't think Ray was the murderer but I think he knows who is, he chose to protect his buddies from the murder charge although he did roll on them for lesser charges.

He was and is a street thug.

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby NoGaGator » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm certain that he was charged with Murder #1.

I'm not an attorney but there was something about being charged at that high of a crime, that it couldn't be easily plea-bargained downward. Hence the grandstanding on behalf of the Mayor.

- Perhaps one of you lawyers can shed light on this -

In any event, they were able to get the wrist-slapping "obstruction of justice" verdict that RayRay ultimately agreed to plead guilty to.

I am inclined to believe that he himself didn't pull any trigger but that he aided and abetted in a big way for (he)those that did.
NoGaGator
All-American Gator

Postby ali_ward83 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 am

Double Gator Dad wrote:

Exactly. And because he has turned his life around, The murders never happened.
Are you people not paying attention to what goes on in this country now?

It doesn't matter what you have done or did not do, as long as you put on a good face for the media, you are golden.

You mean like Paul? None of us really know what happen but still we speculate. It's not my place to judge him. I just pray for the victims family and Lewis too. Hopefully he did turn his life around.
ali_ward83
All-American Gator

Postby Mainland_Buc75 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:03 am

Ray Lewis and two of his companions were indicted/charged with two counts of malicious murder, two counts of felony murder and two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Malice murder refers to murders committed with the specific intent to kill, or with specific intent to cause serious bodily harm. It can be a premeditated murder or murder committed with gross recklessness and depraved indifference for human life.

Investigators said they traced a knife found at the death scene to a sporting goods store in the Atlanta area where Lewis was signing autographs the day before the Super Bowl. The police also had a receipt for the knife's purchase with Lewis's signature and telephone number on it. It is unlikely that Ray handed the knife to his friends during the brawl and said, "here you go, use mine."

When questioned about the murders, Lewis knowingly provided false testimony to cover for himself and his two companions. Photos of the night's entourage were destroyed. Lewis's white suit was never recovered.

His attorneys negotiated a plea agreement with DA Howard, where the murder/assault charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against the other two and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice. During the trial, he stated he never saw a knife used by either of his companions and they were both acquitted of their charges.

So, to recap, two guys get into a fight with three guys, get stabbed to death, and the three walk because no one admits under oath to seeing the knife used that was found at the scene and tied to Lewis. If Ray Lewis was Alonzo Lewis the street corner pimp, he'd be doing life right now.
Mainland_Buc75
Senior Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum