Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomTown, dz_23, GatorBart, lagator, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, TheDouglas78, Yahoo [Bot] and 67 guests

UF to hire Brad Lawing?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

UF to hire Brad Lawing?

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Reports surfaced Sunday afternoon that Florida is expected to hire South Carolina defensive line coach Brad Lawing for the same position with the Gators.

I don't have access to the site but maybe someone knows what is going on. I thought Coach Young was our DL Coach. Or is this for the DEs since Quinn coached the DEs
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Re: UF to hire Brad Lawing?

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:30 pm

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby YoSon12 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:00 pm

CoachingSearch.com confirms reports out of Florida that defensive line coach Brad Lawing taking job at Florida.
https://twitter.com/JoshatTheState/status/293112276146343937

It's probably as DE Coach (for now).

@Bryan_Holt (Rivals):
As for #Florida, keep in mind current DL coach Bryant Young was the only assistant to not have his contract extended last summer.
YoSon12
Senior Gator

Postby MJMGator » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Will Young follow Quinn?
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby YoSon12 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:12 pm

MJMGator wrote:Will Young follow Quinn?

I doubt it. Gus Bradley hasn't hired away any of their assistants (yet), so Quinn filled the only job opening Seattle had.
YoSon12
Senior Gator

Postby Homer J » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Lawing is known as the best recruiter on SOS's coaching staff, per the article on the front page.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby ncargat1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Carolina just gave this guy a raise before the start of last season to $300k/year. Foley and team must be opening the checkbook for assistant coaches?
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby Maillot Jaune » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Can he bring Clowney with him?
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby g8r8u2 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Slam dunk, grand slam hire by Muschamp. Spurrier called him the best DL coach he's ever had; and the Gamecock fans are beside themselves.
g8r8u2
Redshirt Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:05 pm

He's leaving South Carolina because he's scared of getting charged with accessory to murder for coaching Clowney.

Really solid hire.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby williston_gator » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:15 pm

g8r8u2 wrote:Slam dunk, grand slam hire by Muschamp. Spurrier called him the best DL coach he's ever had; and the Gamecock fans are beside themselves.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=187079
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that he took a job for our main competition in our division and we LET HIM GO. HE didn't take some Big 12 job, or some defensive coordinator job, he took the same job with our main rival

Since when did the chickens begin thinking we are a main rival?

:yawn : I'm not sure they are in our top 8 rivals.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Great hire & even better recruiting tool. This guy has been very successful for SOS.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby SC Gator » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Glad we got him but, yeah, wonder why he did it. Guy was coaching Clowney after all and is not really being promoted. Sorry Cocks!
In all kinds of weather.
SC Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby TommyGator » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Maybe he's tired of "not being promoted."

Assistant Coaches at UF move up and get better jobs, He's been at SC for 17 years and is still a position coach. Maybe he sees a chance at a better opportunity.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:41 pm

SC Gator wrote:Glad we got him but, yeah, wonder why he did it. Guy was coaching Clowney after all and is not really being promoted. Sorry Cocks!

I wondered the same thing. The guy is a good coach, and I think he is a good hire for us. But he has been as assistant coach for a long time. Some people are programmed to be assistants, and I don't think that Lawing is thinking about coming to Florida to use it as a stepping stone to a head coaching position.

I have been reading on the internet and message boards (yes, I know that can be a dangerous thing) and from what I can find out is that Lawing recently went through a divorce. He is thought to be leaving South Carolina due to some personal problems. Sounds to me like he needs a change of scenery after his divorce.

Don't have a problem with that. He has proved himself in the past. Hope he comes here and does a good job for Coach Muschamp.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:41 pm

they appear to have very little respect for us. Even though they claim we are top tier SEC they see it as simply a lateral move with no perks other than monetary. And who could ever want to leave the best DE in the history of mankind lol.

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 pm

law98gator wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that he took a job for our main competition in our division and we LET HIM GO. HE didn't take some Big 12 job, or some defensive coordinator job, he took the same job with our main rival

Since when did the chickens begin thinking we are a main rival?

:yawn : I'm not sure they are in our top 8 rivals.

Florida Rivals
1. a. FSU
1. b. UGA
3. South Carolina
4.. LSU
5. Bama
6. Tenn. (yeah, hard to believe now)
7. Ohio State
8. Miami (for 2013 ONLY)

Stats Per EkoSPN (2012)

South Carolina Rivals
1. Clemson
2. UGA
3.FLORIDA
4. Chicken Hawks (WAC)

Stats EkoSPN (2007)
Last edited by Mr. Eko on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 pm

Sorry, I forgot to check www.EkoSPN.com for the current list.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:
SC Gator wrote:Glad we got him but, yeah, wonder why he did it. Guy was coaching Clowney after all and is not really being promoted. Sorry Cocks!

I wondered the same thing. The guy is a good coach, and I think he is a good hire for us. But he has been as assistant coach for a long time. Some people are programmed to be assistants, and I don't think that Lawing is thinking about coming to Florida to use it as a stepping stone to a head coaching position.

I have been reading on the internet and message boards (yes, I know that can be a dangerous thing) and from what I can find out is that Lawing recently went through a divorce. He is thought to be leaving South Carolina due to some personal problems. Sounds to me like he needs a change of scenery after his divorce.

Don't have a problem with that. He has proved himself in the past. Hope he comes here and does a good job for Coach Muschamp.

He's been a career assistant but he's been perfectly happy with it. He can be a little rough around the edges and isn't a up front kinda guy. A bit of a throw back and just set in his ways, which work for him. I think you're going to like him(especially if we ever get to see him work on the practice field).
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum