Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, soflagator, t-gator and 47 guests

Gators can now sign 33

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Gators can now sign 33

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Will Muschamp announced today that Stephen Alli, Kedric Johnson and Tommy Jordan will not return to the team next year. Alli and Johnson graduate this spring and Jordan will receive a medical hardship for a lingering shoulder injury he's had.

There are 27 members in the 2013 class at this time and six more can now be added. Florida currently has 60 scholarship players including the eight enrollees, which all count toward last year's numbers. So Muschamp can sign up to 25 more recruits on National Signing Day (Feb. 6).
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Gators can now sign 33

Postby URGatorBait » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:43 pm

:bananaparty:
URGatorBait
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Zach, do you think we will actually sign that many? It seems like there aren't that many big name prospects left willing to be Gators. Would Muschamp sign lower ranked guys just to fill up the scholarship limit?
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby jand3k » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:01 pm

GatorTAG wrote:Zach, do you think we will actually sign that many? It seems like there aren't that many big name prospects left willing to be Gators. Would Muschamp sign lower ranked guys just to fill up the scholarship limit?

Normally, this is bad. But UF is so far behind the max that CWM needs to do this very thing. Either this or get some JUCOs. Since he can only count so many of the new recruits back to last year's class (EEs) then he'll need to get bodies in the door and hope to develope that talent (or use them to push the 4 & 5 star athletes).

The hole would just gets bigger if he doesn't manage the number of EEs and JUCO players because of the max limit imposed on teams by the NCAA.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby Jabberdave » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:05 pm

The Harry Gant class.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Jabberdave wrote:The Harry Gant class.

:lol:
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:19 pm

jand3k wrote:
GatorTAG wrote:Zach, do you think we will actually sign that many? It seems like there aren't that many big name prospects left willing to be Gators. Would Muschamp sign lower ranked guys just to fill up the scholarship limit?

Normally, this is bad. But UF is so far behind the max that CWM needs to do this very thing. Either this or get some JUCOs. Since he can only count so many of the new recruits back to last year's class (EEs) then he'll need to get bodies in the door and hope to develope that talent (or use them to push the 4 & 5 star athletes).

The hole would just gets bigger if he doesn't manage the number of EEs and JUCO players because of the max limit imposed on teams by the NCAA.

Sounds about right.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:24 pm

jand3k wrote:

Normally, this is bad. But UF is so far behind the max that CWM needs to do this very thing. Either this or get some JUCOs..

No, axing guys who will never contribute is never bad.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Mus_champ11 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:29 pm

Based on what I'm hearing from these posts, do we now have the same
problem that Muschamp inherited from Meyer. I'm talking about Muschamps
1st year where we did not have enough depth.

It would seem to me that is NOT the case at this time. am I correct?

and I think you should never offer a kid a scholly unless the talent level is
there.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Mus_champ11 wrote:Based on what I'm hearing from these posts, do we now have the same

there.

Numbers wise, no. But numbers don't always equal depth, which is the predicament we're in.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Mus_champ11 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:37 pm

jand3k wrote:

If i'm correct we are only 6 behind the maximum. IMO there is no crisis of numbers and we should only offer scholly's to high talent players.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:42 pm

FunnGun wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:Based on what I'm hearing from these posts, do we now have the same

there.

Numbers wise, no. But numbers don't always equal depth, which is the predicament we're in.

thank you for answering my question. so now we have a quality depth problem? how the truck did this happen?
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:55 pm

Mus_champ11 wrote:
FunnGun wrote:

there.

thank you for answering my question. so now we have a quality depth problem? how the truck did this happen?

It was a nice way of saying we lack talent throughout the roster more than numbers. Only way to fix that is to recruit better talent, develop that talent and hope you have more hits than misses. That's not so much a knock on the skill level of most of the guys on the roster as much as it is a system change that many just don't fit.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorKen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:58 pm

now we have room to add a FB along with the guys we are flirting with.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby mrgator » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 pm

FunnGun wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
FunnGun wrote:

there.

It was a nice way of saying we lack talent throughout the roster more than numbers. Only way to fix that is to recruit better talent, develop that talent and hope you have more hits than misses. That's not so much a knock on the skill level of most of the guys on the roster as much as it is a system change that many just don't fit.

This. Every recruiting class is going to have hits and misses. That's why I thought it was very important to add Robinson to the WR list even though Fullwood is considered a higher rated recruit. One or both can be a hit or miss but we now have a better chance that one of those 4 star kids will turn into a play-maker.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 pm

GatorKen wrote:now we have room to add a FB along with the guys we are flirting with.

The last thing this team needs is facebook. :rolleyes:
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 pm

GatorKen wrote:now we have room to add a FB along with the guys we are flirting with.

:proud:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Jabberdave wrote:

Manti Ta'o'd
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorKen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Jabberdave wrote:

but if they get a facebook page they can post updates about Swanson in practice as he works hard to fill Joyer's shoes when that time comes :D

And we here at GSMB can read other posters cry because they don't have a facebook page yet want to know all the updates from facebook :D
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:36 pm

jand3k wrote:

Seems like our class balance will be way off if we do this unless more of these 33 are JUCO's. 33 out of 85 is alomost 40% in one year.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum