Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackLabGator, dz_23, gatordad3, GatorOwls, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gov C Tyree, GulfG8r, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot], Zambo and 61 guests

Trestman & Tebow

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Trestman & Tebow

Postby ccsdk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:45 am

ccsdk
Senior Gator

Re: Trestman & Tebow

Postby divits888 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:46 am

Not a chance.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 am

Cutler will throw a temper tantrum if that happens. Tebow in Philthy with Kelly makes more sense at this point.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Coach9 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 am

Chicago does not have a quality backup. He is a Chicago fan's type of player. That city would embrace him if he was successful there. Cutler may be one of the few QBs with worse footwork than Timmy.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby divits888 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 am

This is Trestman’s first gig as an NFL head coach. The last thing he wants are the distractions (through no fault of his own) that Tebow will bring. He's going to have enough trouble dealing with Cutler as it is.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:59 am

divits888 wrote:This is Trestman’s first gig as an NFL head coach. The last thing he wants are the distractions (through no fault of his own) that Tebow will bring. He's going to have enough trouble dealing with Cutler as it is.

Not to mention the fact that the Bears won 10 games this year. When they go 8 and 8 he will have enough to worry about without having to figure out if they are going to run the option or not.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:05 am

Not sure why Florio, one of the best NFL beat guys out there, automatically jumped to this connection. Trestman has trained a lot of quarterbacks, including the Bears' current backup, Jason Campbell.

We'll know more about Trestman's plans after he's announced by the team later this morning.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:06 am

Coach9 wrote:Chicago does not have a quality backup. He is a Chicago fan's type of player. That city would embrace him if he was successful there. Cutler may be one of the few QBs with worse footwork than Timmy.

I thought Jason Campbell was their backup. As far as backups go, Campbell is one of the better ones.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:30 pm

WobbleGator wrote:
Coach9 wrote:Chicago does not have a quality backup. He is a Chicago fan's type of player. That city would embrace him if he was successful there. Cutler may be one of the few QBs with worse footwork than Timmy.

I thought Jason Campbell was their backup. As far as backups go, Campbell is one of the better ones.

This may be the first time I've ever seen you put forth a full, complete thought of your own. Even two sentences! :eek:
oxrageous

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:31 pm

oxrageous wrote:
WobbleGator wrote:

This may be the first time I've ever seen you put forth a full, complete thought of your own. Even two sentences! :eek:

Damn. :embarrassed: :lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Coach9 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:11 pm

WobbleGator wrote:

Not a big Campbell fan. But by league standards, you're right he maybe one of the better ones. Kind of the valedictorian of summer school.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gouryella » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Having followed Trestman for a long time...the Bears made a great hire. I'm not sure why he hasn't gotten a shot earlier but he was behind some great offenses. There is an SI article about Trestman and Walsh...it is a great read. I always thought he would be a good NFL coach. Now we will find out.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Coach9 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Quiet cerebral guy. That probably hurt his HC opportunities.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatordad3 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:46 pm

I thought Urlacher said Tebow was a good Fullback. :?
gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:57 pm

divits888 wrote:This is Trestman’s first gig as an NFL head coach. The last thing he wants are the distractions (through no fault of his own) that Tebow will bring. He's going to have enough trouble dealing with Cutler as it is.

Actually I believe he was the Browns coach several years ago and failed miserably and ultimately ended up in the CFL.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby Gouryella » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:19 pm

DGD: I don't think he was ever a head coach even on an interim basis. Here's the article from SI I mentioned before:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/marc_trestman/08/21/trestman.walsh.draft/index.html
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 pm

He's never been a head coach in the NFL.
oxrageous

Postby Double Gator Dad » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:35 pm

oxrageous wrote:He's never been a head coach in the NFL.

I stand corrected. Another example of advancing age.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Double Gator Dad wrote:

gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:22 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:
Double Gator Dad wrote:

I hate to disappoint you but I am not that old. Just old enough to put two sons through UF and not be completely broke......yet
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum