Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gatorjim, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Jabberdave, Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 66 guests

WOW! Manti Te'o

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Manti Te’o’s CFB hoax

Postby williston_gator » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 pm

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos- ... socialflow

Loooooooooong story short, his "dead girlfriend" story is a lie. I'm disgusted.

Manti Te'o did lose his grandmother this past fall. Annette Santiago died on Sept. 11, 2012, at the age of 72, according to Social Security Administration records in Nexis. But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper.

Nor is there any report of a severe auto accident involving a Lennay Kekua. Background checks turn up nothing. The Stanford registrar's office has no record that a Lennay Kekua ever enrolled. There is no record of her birth in the news. Outside of a few Twitter and Instagram accounts, there's no online evidence that Lennay Kekua ever existed.

The photographs identified as Kekua—in online tributes and on TV news reports—are pictures from the social-media accounts of a 22-year-old California woman who is not named Lennay Kekua. She is not a Stanford graduate; she has not been in a severe car accident; and she does not have leukemia. And she has never met Manti Te'o.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Re: Manti Te’o’s CFB hoax

Postby crosscreekcooter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:32 pm

williston_gator wrote:http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Loooooooooong story short, his "dead girlfriend" story is a lie. I'm disgusted.

Manti Te'o did lose his grandmother this past fall. Annette Santiago died on Sept. 11, 2012, at the age of 72, according to Social Security Administration records in Nexis. But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper.

Nor is there any report of a severe auto accident involving a Lennay Kekua. Background checks turn up nothing. The Stanford registrar's office has no record that a Lennay Kekua ever enrolled. There is no record of her birth in the news. Outside of a few Twitter and Instagram accounts, there's no online evidence that Lennay Kekua ever existed.

The photographs identified as Kekua—in online tributes and on TV news reports—are pictures from the social-media accounts of a 22-year-old California woman who is not named Lennay Kekua. She is not a Stanford graduate; she has not been in a severe car accident; and she does not have leukemia. And she has never met Manti Te'o.

That's because there was a spelling mistake on the birth certificate. It was Te'Obama
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:33 pm

:eek:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

WOW! Manti Te'o

Postby GatorTAG » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Last edited by GatorTAG on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Coach9 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:34 pm

The birthers need a new goosechase now that the election is over.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Manti Teo

Postby crosscreekcooter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Lied
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Re: Manti Teo

Postby crosscreekcooter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Where is Long Cat?
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Re: WOW! Manti' Teo

Postby Coach9 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:36 pm

IBTM
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Re: Manti Teo

Postby Coach9 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 pm

IBTM
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Re: WOW! Manti Te'o

Postby GatorTAG » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:55 pm

After Te'o's bad showing in the MNC game and now this story I bet he falls completely out of the first round. He has lost millions in the past two weeks. This guys entire year (and career) was propped up by this story. Imagine if he had won the Heisman.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby jand3k » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Really!! Six minutes? You couldn't read the 1st post on this only 6 minutes before YOUR post?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25256

Come on TAG. ;)
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:57 pm

jand3k wrote:Really!! Six minutes? You couldn't read the 1st post on this only 6 minutes before YOUR post?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25256

Come on TAG. ;)

I'm a slow typer. Hunt-n-peck ya know. ;)

You do know you can't see the main board when your in the POST page right?
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby DaddyGator » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Talk about spinning one for the Gipper. :eek:
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Kurtis Lowe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Just saw this. Unbelievable.
Because the ACC just doesn't prepare you.
Kurtis Lowe
All-American Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Overrated player, piece of excrement person. Perfect fit at ND.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp Queen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

So ND knew about this on Dec 26 but still let it be reported during the BCSNC lead up.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Maillot Jaune » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:09 pm

This is bizarre, to say the least.
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Swamp Queen wrote:

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown

So ND knew about this on Dec 26 but still let it be reported during the BCSNC lead up.

Are you as shocked as I am that the catholic domers would be involved in a cover up?
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gouryella » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 pm

You really have to wonder how he couldn't have known.

For him to claim victim at this point is pretty lame. If so, he must be a huge moron.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:15 pm

FunnGun wrote:
Swamp Queen wrote:

Dennis Brown

Are you as shocked as I am that the catholic domers would be involved in a cover up?

:lol: Insane, right!?
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum