Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angry Narwhal, Google Adsense [Bot], happyhorseranch, MSNbot Media and 50 guests

Lance Armstrong

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Lance Armstrong

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:44 pm

What a mess. Not just the confession and the merits or lack thereof, but the backlash lawsuits already underway, the potential for litigation involving higher ups in sponsorship of Team Armstrong and the raw feelings of those, like former teammate Frankie Andreu, who were trampled by Armstrong for failing to follow orders.

Armstrong, who is said to have a net worth of $100 million, was ruthless toward others who stood in the way of his path to glory.

Not sure if you're aware, but Armstrong allegedly even offered a $150,000 gift to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency a decade ago in what amounted to a ridiculous conflict of interest.

This, folks, in a week in which we debated Bonds and Clemens, is about as bad as is gets with cheating and the world of sports.

LINK
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Re: Lance Armstrong

Postby Coach9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Coming back from death's door to win all those Tours was a remarkable accomplishment. I really don't care if it required PED's in that drug invested sport.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby BostonGator84 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Coach9 wrote:Coming back from death's door to win all those Tours was a remarkable accomplishment. I really don't care if it required PED's in that drug invested sport.

+1.
BostonGator84
True Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Here's something I find weird. He is alleged to have been taking PEDs as far back as 1996, which was the year when the cancer was diagnosed.

Why would he have been taking PEDs when he was fighting a metastasizing cancer?
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby FunnGun » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Not much of a cycling fan but he was polarizing. I don't really care that he cheated or that he even lied about it to be honest. I guess it's been going on for so long, along with the other PED stuff, that it has me desensitized to it. The thing that does make me lose respect(not that I had any) for the prick was the fact that he tried to destroy the lives of other men and their wives for trying to tell the truth.

He also has no remorse. The only reason he's doing this is in hopes of rebuilding his image. I'm sure because it's a fringe sport here and with his popularity away from the sport that he'll be forgiven. But like Ray Lewis, what he did to everyone one involved needs to be remembered.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Alvin York » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Class of '78 wrote:What a mess. Not just the confession and the merits or lack thereof, but the backlash lawsuits already underway, the potential for litigation involving higher ups in sponsorship of Team Armstrong and the raw feelings of those, like former teammate Frankie Andreu, who were trampled by Armstrong for failing to follow orders.

Armstrong, who is said to have a net worth of $100 million, was ruthless toward others who stood in the way of his path to glory.

Not sure if you're aware, but Armstrong allegedly even offered a $150,000 gift to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency a decade ago in what amounted to a ridiculous conflict of interest.

This, folks, in a week in which we debated Bonds and Clemens, is about as bad as is gets with cheating and the world of sports.

LINK

Hero to zero just like McGwire and Bonds. Remember how Woods pumped up to Schwarzenegger dimensions overnight. I'm sure the list of shame will grow in many other sports. In the end we'll all have to turn our backs on the sports hero Judas's.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:21 pm

It's cycling... who really cares?

Oh no!! Lance Armstrong did what every other top 20 finisher in the Tour de France did. The horror!! :rolleyes:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby ufg8rjim » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:30 pm

I don't care that he cheated. I don't care that he lied about his cheating. I could not care less about bicycle riding as a sport than I do. That said, it is how Armstrong crushed anyone who dared tell the truth about him that I do care about. He hurt people. Daily. Guy is a bad human being.

Here's a solid take on what Oprah should have asked Armstrong about:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/questions-oprah-should-ask-lance-armstrong-230849439.html
ufg8rjim
Redshirt Gator

Postby divits888 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 pm

Livestrong has been just as much about marketing Armstrong as it has been about fighting cancer.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby tillsb » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

I tried to care and then I remembered it's cycling and I have watched approximately 1 minute of that. That one minute consisted of the highlights ESPN could show before I changed the channel.
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:21 am

ufg8rjim wrote:I don't care that he cheated. I don't care that he lied about his cheating. I could not care less about bicycle riding as a sport than I do. That said, it is how Armstrong crushed anyone who dared tell the truth about him that I do care about. He hurt people. Daily. Guy is a bad human being.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/questions-oprah-should-ask-lance-armstrong-230849439.html

It would be amazing if someone had the balls to ask him those questions.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby crosscreekcooter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:02 am

Alvin York wrote:
Hero to zero just like McGwire and Bonds. Remember how Woods pumped up to Schwarzenegger dimensions overnight.

For a second there Cosmos, I thought you were talking about Mr. Peanut's forehead.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:33 am

A regimen first launched for performance enhancement involves
HGH + testosterone. Medical research indicates that extra
testosterone can activate a dormant tumor and just maybe cause
a testicular tumor to form. ? You are suppose to be closely
monitored for indication of tumor responses in the blood materials.
Armstrong's doping may have brought on his testicular cancer, which
in turn, was his avenue to being a bigger world hero than his cycling
"cheat-wins allowed.. :question:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Quasimodo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 am

He probably lied about having cancer too.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Quasimodo
Head Ball Coach

Postby BMF » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 am

I'm more pissed that he went on Oprah!

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RByte » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:24 am

ufg8rjim wrote:I don't care that he cheated. I don't care that he lied about his cheating. I could not care less about bicycle riding as a sport than I do. That said, it is how Armstrong crushed anyone who dared tell the truth about him that I do care about. He hurt people. Daily. Guy is a bad human being.

Yep...POS.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 am

He also left his wife to date a celebrity after she stood with him through the alleged cancer battle and raised their three kids while he was away riding a child's toy for a living. There's so much wrong with the dude he can fade away to oblivion for all I care, as can bicycle riding.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 am

Do not care.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 am

Since every other cyclist was doping too, wouldn't the field still be fair?
oxrageous

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 am

Quasimodo wrote:He probably lied about having cancer too.

:rolleyes:

Really?

Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum