Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 15 guests

Tebow to Arizona...to train

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Tebow to Arizona...to train

Postby Dugaboy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 am

TZM is reporting this morning that Tebow is going to Arizona
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Re: Tebow to Arizona

Postby williston_gator » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:38 am

To train.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/14/tim-tebow ... y-college/

After getting screwed in New York, Tim Tebow has touched down in the Grand Canyon State ... and spent his Monday training for hours at an Arizona community college ... and TMZ has the proof.

We obtained pics of Tebow working out with a personal trainer on the track at Paradise Valley Community College in Phoenix.

Sources at the scene tell us ... Tebow trained for about 2-and-a-half hours ... running sprints and drills like he's actually gonna see the field next season.

We're told Tebow wasn't exactly incognito ... several kids and adult fans approached him for pics and autographs ... and, per usual, TT obliged with a smile.

There are rumors that Tebow will be traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars during the off-season ... but it's possible the Arizona Cardinals could also bite ... it's not like they could get any worse.

Right?
Last edited by williston_gator on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
williston_gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 am

Not going to Arizona, IS in Arizona ... training at Paradise Valley Community College.

That's not necessarily to be confused with the Cardinals. ;)

And, oh, by the way, the Cardinals don't even have a coach. Yet another reason not to bet heavily on this new rumor.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 am

:facepalm:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Class of '78 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 am

Rumor has it Tebow had a connecting flight in Chicago en route to Phoenix.

Bring it, baby. :bananaparty:

Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby mtn2top » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Phoenix is relatively warm this time of year and out of the major media spotlight. It's a great location for off-season training.

I sure hope the rumors are true. Would love to have Tebow back out West and on this side of the Divide.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Re: Tebow to Arizona...to train

Postby ncargat1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Everyone overlooks the fact that in trying to be a team player, Tebow put on weight and was reported to be up near 250lbs at one point as they flirted with him a H-back.

If he expects to play QB, and be mobile at that, he needs to shed some weight.
Other thing is, CFL draft is imminent and with Paradise Valley out of the eyes of the big media, I wonder if he is not working out for a CFL team.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:09 pm

An H back in the NFL makes many times the amount that a QB in the CFL makes.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby alcoholica » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Wasn't he in Ariz before to train with a coach in the past couple years?

Fact is, he is training in Ariz. If he's there very long at all, he'll take in a few meetings too. It's Tebow, people can't seem to stay away. But I doubt he's working out for the Cards. If talking about a player under contract is a no-no, then working out and potential negotiations would be much worse. Since the Jets are w/o GM, I doubt the Cards have permission.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby Scott512 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:05 pm

It's time Tebow to lose some weight and upper body mass, get a new agent and actually stand up for his ability as an NFL QB. No more of this special teasm crap like the Jets put him through this year. If Tim can't make it as an NFL QB and he wants to swith to H Back or whatever posotion that is fine. But we don't know that he can't start and win at QB in the NFL. I am sure he can on the right team. Hell he already saved the Broncos season last year with coaches and management not even behind him. If Tim could ever get supportive coaches to work with as a QB he would thrive.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:17 pm

What happened with Tim Tebow is what is happening to a lot of things in this country. Everything is becoming standardized, one size fits all. The NFL is too standardized. Anybody outside the mold doesn't fit. It is like the thing has interchangeable parts. You take a quarterback here you plug him in there.

That is where the college game has the NFL beat. A lot more variation. Different types of offenses. Different types of quarterbacks. Tebow is like the guitar picker who goes to Nashville to seek his fortune but doesn't get playing time on the radio because he doesn't play the top 40 commercialized sound. No real individuals any more. Being beaten out of us by people who don't dream anymore, but just want to sell us a product. The only problem is everybody is getting bored by a stale overpriced product.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:What happened with Tim Tebow is what is happening to a lot of things in this country. Everything is becoming standardized, one size fits all. The NFL is too standardized. Anybody outside the mold doesn't fit. It is like the thing has interchangeable parts. You take a quarterback here you plug him in there.

That is where the college game has the NFL beat. A lot more variation. Different types of offenses. Different types of quarterbacks. Tebow is like the guitar picker who goes to Nashville to seek his fortune but doesn't get playing time on the radio because he doesn't play the top 40 commercialized sound. No real individuals any more. Being beaten out of us by people who don't dream anymore, but just want to sell us a product. The only problem is everybody is getting bored by a stale overpriced product.

I couldn't have said it better ... 'course you all know that.
"OkeeJoe" has the sharp focus.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Sharp as a tack.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby crosscreekcooter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 am

Okeechobee Joe wrote: Tebow is like the guitar picker who goes to Nashville to seek his fortune but doesn't get playing time on the radio because he doesn't play the top 40 commercialized sound.

Oh Lord I'm stuck in Lodi again
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RByte » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:27 am

Okeechobee Joe wrote:What happened with Tim Tebow is what is happening to a lot of things in this country. Everything is becoming standardized, one size fits all. The NFL is too standardized. Anybody outside the mold doesn't fit. It is like the thing has interchangeable parts. You take a quarterback here you plug him in there.

Way to go Okee Joe...
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Tiger28 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 am

What?? I wish things were more "one-size fits all". This country is more diverse and open to knew things than ever before. Especially when it comes to NFL QB's. RGIII, Kaepernick, Russell and Newton are nothing at all like Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger or Cutler.

Moreso than any other time before, the NFL has the greatest variation in types of QB's.
Tiger28
Redshirt Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:43 am

The NFL actually is breaking the mold more so than in quite some time, as chronicled in this ESPN piece a couple days ago.

Nevertheless, teams not only are interested in a quarterback who can add a running dimension, but who can also make all the reads and throws. That's where in the view of many NFL personnel analysts Tebow consistently comes up short.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 am

Not all of these mobile QBs having success are doing so because they are progressing through their reads though. I think some ridiculous number like 80% of Kaeperniks passes since taking over have been to Michael Crabtree. From what I've watched he does tend to look for Crab first on most passing downs and if not open tucks the ball and runs. Wilson, Luck and Griffin all spread the ball around pretty well but I wouldn't say any of them are elite at reading a defense. Their success can be attributed to the running threat usually creating a bust or wide open receiver in a soft spot of the zone.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 am

I hear he passed on returning to D1 in Nashville because he was drawing too much attention & it interfered with his training.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 am

MatthewM. wrote:Not all of these mobile QBs having success are doing so because they are progressing through their reads though. I think some ridiculous number like 80% of Kaeperniks passes since taking over have been to Michael Crabtree. From what I've watched he does tend to look for Crab first on most passing downs and if not open tucks the ball and runs. Wilson, Luck and Griffin all spread the ball around pretty well but I wouldn't say any of them are elite at reading a defense. Their success can be attributed to the running threat usually creating a bust or wide open receiver in a soft spot of the zone.

Bingo! Winner..winner..chicken dinner. Some teams aren't asking their qbs to "read" a defense to that degree either. Look, these guys are benefiting from the notion of what Tebow and Cam did in 2011. If it wasn't for that season, these Wilson and RG III would've been told to learn how to "read" a defense. I'm not saying that they can't do it if given the opportunity, I'm saying that they don't have to "read" a defense like Brady or Brees does. They are better off using their scrambling ability to keep the defense off balance. It took the NFL years to finally realize that a running qb can have success in the NFL. Things are finally changing but most people are scared to think outside of the box. This is a world that is filled with iphones for crying out loud. Everybody is forced fed to think this same way and nothing else matters. :rolleyes:
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum