Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, gatorJ, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lumagator, Maillot Jaune, MJMGator, MSNbot Media, NoGaGator and 54 guests

MuncieNole's sister called to say thanks

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

MuncieNole's sister called to say thanks

Postby HickoryFlatGator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:45 pm

I got a call from MuncieNole's sister, Barbara, today just before lunch. I almost didn't answer the unknown area code caller but was so glad I did. She had read what I wrote on the Funeral Home blog which allows internet visitors to leave comments for the family.

Barbara was very grateful to many who evidently did as I did and left the family a note expressing their condolences. Barbara is a Gator Grad and lives in Florida. She said she would be going up to Muncie to see her sister-in-law (MuncieNole's wife) next month as it is their Anniversary month. Barbara did share that Muncie's sons have had a difficult time, as has his wife. Although he had been recently released from the hospital, his doctor released him with full hope that he would return to 100%.

I shared with her the outpouring of support, prayers and love that was evident from the GSMB. She was deeply touched and wanted to thank everyone for their kindness. She said her whole family (MuncieNole also) were deeply religious and so the prayers meant a lot to her and she would share my comments with the family. She remarked how her brother loved the GSMB and all of the posters. He told her that a few had even found his Facebook page and had left humorous and surprising comments on there that made him laugh and feel part of us.

I encouraged her to join GSMB, especially since she was a Gator grad. I told her that would be a very fitting tribute to her brother, Brad (MuncieNole) and his belonging to a rival message board. So don't be surprised should we have a first time poster named Barbara in the near future. All of you made me proud to be part of this Board when we learned of his death. Go Gators!
HickoryFlatGator
Baby Gator

Re: MuncieNole's sister called to say thanks

Postby ufgatorfan97 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:48 pm

i hope she choose "MuncieGator" or something else fitting as a username.
ufgatorfan97

Postby TommyGator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Brings a tug to the heart and a tear to the eye.

The human spirit will never cease to amaze you.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby CGgater » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Better warn her about how brutal we can be towards the trolls (or fellow Gators, for that matter). The "beloved" muncie got his fair share of bashing and I'd hate for her to be unprepared for the occasional comments about her brother that are similar to the shots fired when he was still alive.

I never posted anything on munchie's memorial thread, mainly because I didn't think I could do it without saying something inappropriate for the occasion. But here's the best I can do...

In my best military effort to honor munchie, here is my "21 eye-roll salute" to our departed troll-

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:13 pm

That was an awesome story. May the Lord continue to bless her and the rest of her family. RIP Mauncie...even though we cheered for different teams we always felt like yuo were part of our family here on GSMB.
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks, Flat. Go Gators.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:26 pm

CGgater wrote:In my best military effort to honor munchie, here is my "21 eye-roll salute" to our departed troll-

:lol: Muncie EASILY could have 21 emoticons in a post.

The banter is just that, banter. Muncie spent a lot of time here, so he's no doubt the type of person who enjoyed that kind of thing. I doubt that will be a surprise to a family member.
Last edited by law98gator on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby HickoryFlatGator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Barbara is well aware of this board....Brad evidently filled her in. Just so you will know.....Some of you said that you wrote to Muncie's son on facebook and never heard back. Barbara said that Muncis's son seldom looks at facebook and not to think that they didn't care. And I'm not sure the the immediate family has seen GSMB. I gave her a short rundown on how to use the message board, etc. You know, this whole experience reminds me how important it is for all of us to take the time to reach out to folks, even those we think might be on the perimeter of our interest. I was a little hesitant with a 'strange' phone call, and Barbara almost hung up due to my hesitancy to share my identity (too many crank phone calls), but after we had that "Ah-Ha!" moment, we really had a great conversation. I could tell from her voice that the whole family had really been hit hard by Brad's death. He was evidently as much a fun loving spirit at home as he was on GSMB.
HickoryFlatGator
Baby Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Cool. I actually miss the band smack though. :(
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 pm

I don't. But I miss when the Clowns had nothing else to brag about.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Good to hear. Do you know if she's read the original tribute thread? It's in the HOF section.
oxrageous

Postby AugustaGator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm

TommyGator wrote:Brings a tug to the heart and a tear to the eye.

The human spirit will never cease to amaze you.

Tell me about it.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby Gouryella » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 pm

That is great to read...
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby malo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Its always great to see that there are some on here that truly are human. Thank you for all who displayed that for a rival poster who brought a great representation of the rival school. It was an honor to have read and responded to many of Muncies posts.
malo
Freshman Gator

Postby itsgr82baflagator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 pm

ufgatorfan97 wrote:i hope she choose "MuncieGator" or something else fitting as a username.

Considering their choice of universities, might I suggest "Muncie's Smarter Sister" as a possibility? :lol:
itsgr82baflagator
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorspook » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:25 pm

This really brightens an otherwise hectic day. Wow.
gatorspook

Postby Swamp Queen » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Great to hear, thanks for sharing!
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Alvin York » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:06 pm

Welcome to the GSMB, Barbara, a noble battleground where your brother loved to feud and fight for his beloved Noles, Bobby Bowden and Seminole marching band. He enjoyed every second spent here away from his real world activity as a lone Spartacus fighting the good fight for his school. I don't think his Gator rivals ever realized the respect and joy he earned by his presence among us until the news was reported about his passing. They were truly shocked and saddened which was reflected in their testimonies now posted in the Hall of Fame Board.

Condolences to you and your family for your loss. We will miss him greatly.

Alvin
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby HickoryFlatGator » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:49 am

OX...I sent her an email directing her to the HOF section. Thanks for the reminder. Evidently, MuncieNole wasn't shy with his family about his GSMB days. Good night.
HickoryFlatGator
Baby Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:10 am

Thanks for sharing this.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum