Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 17 guests

walterfootball.com write up on Jordan reed

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

walterfootball.com write up on Jordan reed

Postby gator jon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 pm

http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingr ... 3jreed.php

doesnt say a whole bunch that we dont already know, but its pretty accurate to who he is and how he plays. I'm thinking mid to late 3rd round maybe early fourth.
gator jon
Senior Gator

Re: walterfootball.com write up on Jordan reed

Postby NavetG8r » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Seems pretty accurate to me from what I've seen out of him. Guess it depends on which team wants his athletic ability enough to overlook his need for polish.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby gator jon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:01 pm

i just dont undstand leaving school early to be a mid round draft pick. You must really not like school or something because your pay out on your first NFL contract is not great unless you are first rounder.
gator jon
Senior Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:12 pm

gator jon wrote:i just dont undstand leaving school early to be a mid round draft pick. You must really not like school or something because your pay out on your first NFL contract is not great unless you are first rounder.

He doesn't like school. I wouldn't doubt if he's still a freshman. Minimum wage in the NFL is around $600K. I would quit my 20 year career tomorrow to get a piece of that action.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:18 pm

oxrageous

Postby TommyGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:24 pm

GatorTAG wrote:
gator jon wrote:i just dont undstand leaving school early to be a mid round draft pick. You must really not like school or something because your pay out on your first NFL contract is not great unless you are first rounder.

He doesn't like school. I wouldn't doubt if he's still a freshman. Minimum wage in the NFL is around $600K. I would quit my 20 year career tomorrow to get a piece of that action.

Apparently it's $375 for rooies. Still...
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gator jon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:31 pm

GatorTAG wrote:

NfL rookie minimum is 375K which turns into about 165k really quick after taxes, agent, manager and other things. take into acount the average NFL career is 4 years and its hard times as anything other than a super star NFL player. Thats why it makes no sense to go early if you arent a definative 1st round draft pick.
gator jon
Senior Gator

Postby MrAmbition2 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:38 pm

I honestly think Jordan Reed will do fine in the NFL. Too bad he most likely won't end up with the NE Patriots, one of the few teams who can make just about anybody a star or at least a consistent contributer to the team.
MrAmbition2
Baby Gator

Postby gator jon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm

MrAmbition2 wrote:I honestly think Jordan Reed will do fine in the NFL. Too bad he most likely won't end up with the NE Patriots, one of the few teams who can make just about anybody a star or at least a consistent contributer to the team.

i think he will do well too, its just a bad business decision thats all. getting into the first round makes a player alot more on his first contract, which for most, is the only contract they will ever see.
gator jon
Senior Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

gator jon wrote:
MrAmbition2 wrote:I honestly think Jordan Reed will do fine in the NFL. Too bad he most likely won't end up with the NE Patriots, one of the few teams who can make just about anybody a star or at least a consistent contributer to the team.

i think he will do well too, its just a bad business decision thats all. getting into the first round makes a player alot more on his first contract, which for most, is the only contract they will ever see.

Playing another year isn't going to guarrantee he'll be a first rounder. A lot depends on how many TE's there are ranked higher than him. It may depend on how many teams are looking to draft TE's. There are a lot of factors and he's not a prototypical TE. He's just as likely to be a 3rd rounder next year as he is this year depending on many factors.

He's a college guy who doesn't like going to school and most likely will never get his degree. $375 or more is probably better than he will ever earn in regular career. Who are you to say it isn't a good business decision for him?
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby oxrageous » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:20 pm

oxrageous

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:41 pm

oxrageous wrote:Image

Is that his fumble in the WLOCP? :lol:

Jumping-Jack Jordon Reed
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Captain Kangaroo at ease.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Reed with an unnecessary jump ... to the NFL.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gator jon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 pm

rogdochar wrote:Reed with an unnecessary jump ... to the NFL.

bingo
gator jon
Senior Gator

Postby GatorBart » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:20 pm

gator jon wrote:

He's not as tough as Hernandez and hasn't shown the willingness to block; if he can't gain a little weight and become a better blocker, I don't think he ever lives up to anything close to what Hernandez has done and can do. I think he'll be a bust and teams will be taking a big gamble if he's taken earlier than the 4th round (when Hernandez was picked).
Just my opinion. :dunno:
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Antec » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:33 pm

gator jon wrote: Thats why it makes no sense to go early if you arent a definative 1st round draft pick.

I don't agree. Under the new wage scale you aren't going to really get paid until your second contract. Unless it's guaranteed that returning to school is going to improve your draft stock than I see no problem with starting the clock as early as possible nowadays. You only need to produce in your final contract year to get that payday.
Antec
Baby Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 am

Antec wrote:
gator jon wrote: Thats why it makes no sense to go early if you arent a definative 1st round draft pick.

I don't agree. Under the new wage scale you aren't going to really get paid until your second contract. Unless it's guaranteed that returning to school is going to improve your draft stock than I see no problem with starting the clock as early as possible nowadays. You only need to produce in your final contract year to get that payday.

I think only half of the first round really got nailed by that rookie cap for the most part. I think that is what I heard anyway.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby snarlwhal » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:42 am

Success at TE in the NFL is difficult to judge anyway, no matter how talented you are coming out of college. A lot of it depends on the team you go to and the scheme they run being matched perfectly with your individual skill set. He'll be successful if a team takes him to fill a position based on their playbook, with specific packages featuring him matching up against LBs in the slot or something... If a team takes him just because he looks good in pads and has good combine numbers, I don't think he makes it 4 years.
snarlwhal
Baby Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum