Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests

Stephen Alli NOTE

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Stephen Alli NOTE

Postby Zach Abolverdi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:55 pm

I've always thought the redshirt junior was a transfer candidate due to his lack of playing time and production. But there may be another reason why he's not at UF next season.

The CFL Draft.

Alli is listed as the No. 12 player overall prospect on the draft board of CFL’s Scouting Bureau, which is comprised of CFL scouts, player personnel directors and general managers from the league’s eight teams.

http://www.cfl.ca/cfl-scouting-bureau-december-2012

Alli is eligible to be drafted because he's a Canadian citizen playing in the NCAA. He was born in Toronto.
Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ZachAbolverdi
Request me on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ZachAbolverdi
Zach Abolverdi
GatorSports Writer

Re: Stephen Alli NOTE

Postby MatthewM. » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Weird
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:04 pm

See ya, pal!
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby malo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:10 pm

What stats do they have on him???
malo
Freshman Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Zach, where do you think these CFL guys get their info to base such a high draft pick? Do they know something we don't?
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby DaddyGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby NoVa Gator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:32 pm

I think Ali should leave for the Canadian Football Leage this year.
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:40 pm

yea, but in all fairness, I was the #22 rated prospect for the CFL last year and I didn't even play in college.... hopefully Alli takes off and opens up a spot for someone else.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby gator jon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:43 pm

who would leave early to go the the CFL?
gator jon
Senior Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:59 pm

There's a CFL draft? :lol:
oxrageous

Postby rogdochar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:00 pm

UF to CFL ... wouldn't that be a demotion ? Does Alli speak Frenchy ?
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Zach Abolverdi wrote:I've always thought the redshirt junior was a transfer candidate due to his lack of playing time and production. But there may be another reason why he's not at UF next season.

The CFL Draft.

Alli is listed as the No. 12 player overall prospect on the draft board of CFL’s Scouting Bureau, which is comprised of CFL scouts, player personnel directors and general managers from the league’s eight teams.

http://www.cfl.ca/cfl-scouting-bureau-december-2012

Alli is eligible to be drafted because he's a Canadian citizen playing in the NCAA. He was born in Toronto.

He graduated last semester and is working on his masters. I don't know what he is studying but he came to UF for the med school. I won't doubt if he's not playing football at UF next year but I don't see he playing in the CFL. The kid is smart and I think he probably realizes a pro football career isn't his future.

He's represent UF very well in the past 4 years and is a model student athlete. He was a good special teams player as well. Good luck to him what ever he chooses.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby gator jon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:09 pm

rogdochar wrote:UF to CFL ... wouldn't that be a demotion ? Does Alli speak Frenchy ?

hes from ontario
gator jon
Senior Gator

Postby MrAmbition2 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Stephen Alli, the smart guy right? lol don't think football is his main focus. Nice try!
MrAmbition2
Baby Gator

Postby gator jon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:37 pm

i still dont understand why we dont have small package of redzone plays for that guy. He's 6'6 for eff sake.
gator jon
Senior Gator

Postby guardian » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Zach Abolverdi wrote:Alli is listed as the No. 12 player overall prospect on the draft board of CFL’s Scouting Bureau, which is comprised of CFL scouts, player personnel directors and general managers from the league’s eight teams.

Zach,

Just a tip.

Comprised and of don't go together. Composed? Alternatively, you could have said "which comprises" and lost the attention of 3/4 of this board. Nit picky, I know. Call it a pet peeve.
"In blackest day or brightest night, watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda-e-yadda, erm... superstitious and cowardly lot, with freedom and justice for all!"
Duck Dodger's Lantern Oath
guardian
Heisman Gator

Postby ltraz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

guardian wrote:
Zach Abolverdi wrote:Alli is listed as the No. 12 player overall prospect on the draft board of CFL’s Scouting Bureau, which is comprised of CFL scouts, player personnel directors and general managers from the league’s eight teams.

Zach,

Just a tip.

Comprised and of don't go together. Composed? Alternatively, you could have said "which comprises" and lost the attention of 3/4 of this board. Nit picky, I know. Call it a pet peeve.

I couldn't understand why you started a new paragraph after the first sentence so I stopped reading. It just gets my blood boiling when people do stuff like that!
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

malo wrote:What stats do they have on him???

Do they keep practice stats?
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby MJMGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:13 pm

guardian wrote:

Zach,

Just a tip.

Seriously????
Get a life, dude. :rolleyes:
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:42 pm

GatorCountry.com ‏@GatorCountry

Rumors that Stephen Alli is going to the CFL are false right now. I'm told that as of right now Alli plans to stay at #Florida.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum