Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, soflagator, t-gator and 49 guests

NFL Playoffs: Seattle-Atlanta

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

NFL Playoffs: Seattle-Atlanta

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Atlanta has jumped all over Seattle, now up 13-0. The Falcons' two fireplugs, Rodgers and Turner, have been plowing over Seahawks defenders, esp Rodgers on the 45-yard run.

This marks Seattle's second east coast trip in as many weeks. The Seahawks look a step slow compared to the Falcons.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Re: NFL Playoffs: Seattle-Atlanta

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:11 pm

Make up your mind. Is Seattle the team to beat now or not? :lol:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby GatorOnEnemyTurf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 pm

And the Atlanta D stuffs Seattle on 4th down at the Atlanta 11 ....
GatorOnEnemyTurf
True Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 pm

NVGator wrote:Make up your mind. Is Seattle the team to beat now or not? :lol:

This one is over. Seattle left its best in DC a week ago. They look tired and a step slow. That was a pretty pass Ryan just threw.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 pm

Matt Ryan is a d0uche. SF will paste either of these two next week.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorOnEnemyTurf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Take another look at that beauty of a TD pass that ****** just threw...Oh My
GatorOnEnemyTurf
True Gator

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Class of '78 wrote:

This one is over. Seattle left its best in DC a week ago. They look tired and a step slow. That was a pretty pass Ryan just threw.

Certainly could be.

I don't know if you read my post in the others thread, but before this game started I thought yesterday's SF explosion would benefit ATL more than Seattle. Atlanta got the message to take the mobile QB seriously.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Tough to go back and forth from west coast to east coast in consecutive weeks.

Harbough did it last year in the regular season, but remember... he kept the team t thee all week instead of back and forth.

What did they say earlier in the game? Only 1 team has won both games in the playoffs with consecutive travel weeks?
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:22 pm

NVGator wrote:
Class of '78 wrote:

Certainly could be.

I don't know if you read my post in the others thread, but before this game started I thought yesterday's SF explosion would benefit ATL more than Seattle. Atlanta got the message to take the mobile QB seriously.

They're braindead if they didn't take it seriously going into this game, no matter the warning. The Packers didn't stay at home enough to contain Kaepernick. Wilson just got outside contain for a big gainer, but against a 4-3 no way it happens anywhere near as frequently as it did yesterday.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Scott512 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Game, set, match Atlanta.

It will be interesting to see if the Seahawks keelp the read option for Russell Wilson next year. If they do they will need a backup in ncase Wilson a smallish QB gets hurt. That backup could be Tim Tebow. Seattle could be Tebow's landing spot. Or San Francisco if the Niners keep the read option. The bad thing is Tebow is still stuck with the Jets and Tim is at their mercy as to when he gets traded or released. A damn shame.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Seahawks keep battling. I'm impressed with this kid Wilson.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Scott512 wrote:Game, set, match Atlanta.

It will be interesting to see if the Seahawks keelp the read option for Russell Wilson next year. If they do they will need a backup in ncase Wilson a smallish QB gets hurt. That backup could be Tim Tebow. Seattle could be Tebow's landing spot. Or San Francisco if the Niners keep the read option. The bad thing is Tebow is still stuck with the Jets and Tim is at their mercy as to when he gets traded or released. A damn shame.

The 49ers will keep the same offense. But didn't you say it wouldn't be good for TT to go to SF due to his beliefs?
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Wow, that didn't play out the way the Seahawks wanted it to.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby GatorOnEnemyTurf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Falcon D denies Seattle again for any score ..... Playin tough
All Atlanta
GatorOnEnemyTurf
True Gator

Postby Scott512 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:35 pm

NVGator wrote:

The 49ers will keep the same offense. But didn't you say it wouldn't be good for TT to go to SF due to his beliefs?

I said that could be a factor. But maybe moreso for me than Timmy. In looking at the Niners and Seahawks they have 2 coaches who don't care and who have power. So if they want Tim Tebow as a backup QB and part time wildcat or H Back player then Tim could end up on either of those 2 teams. The Niners could win it all this year. Seattle needs a little more work.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby heversle » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 pm

heversle
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Just like that, Seattle's back in it. Love watching Wilson. The guy makes things happen and has a terrific arm.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Scott512 wrote:
NVGator wrote:

I said that could be a factor. But maybe moreso for me than Timmy. In looking at the Niners and Seahawks they have 2 coaches who don't care and who have power. So if they want Tim Tebow as a backup QB and part time wildcat or H Back player then Tim could end up on either of those 2 teams. The Niners could win it all this year. Seattle needs a little more work.

I think you might have an inaccurate perception of SF. However, I'm just giving you grief. ;)
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby GatorOnEnemyTurf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:08 pm

And just like that Falcons score again
GatorOnEnemyTurf
True Gator

Postby Scott512 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:24 pm

NVGator wrote:
Scott512 wrote:
NVGator wrote:

I think you might have an inaccurate perception of SF. However, I'm just giving you grief. ;)

I could be innacurate about San Fransisco. I guess no matter what NFL team Tim lands on he will be taking some grief becaue of the media and the image of Tebowmania.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum