Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, gator2001, Gatorbythebay, Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, Trung and 60 guests

Brissett will transfer to...NC State

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Brissett will transfer to...NC State

Postby FunnGun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:06 pm

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbyt ... ina-state/

Source: Former Gators QB Jacoby Brissett transferring to North Carolina State

by Jason Lieser
Jacoby Brissett, a former Dwyer High School star, is headed to North Carolina State, a source said.
Brissett played the past two seasons at Florida and fell behind fellow true sophomore Jeff Driskel last season. After sitting out this year, he will be eligible to play for the Wolfpack as a red-shirt junior in 2014.

In six games this season, he completed 23 of 35 passes for 249 yards with a touchdown pass. He also ran for a touchdown.
When Brissett looked to transfer, he had a list of nine schools and trimmed it to N.C. State and West Virginia.
His initial connection to Wolfpack head coach Dave Doeren started when Brissett was a high school prospect. Wisconsin was one of the schools in contention to land him, and Doeren was the Badgers’ defensive coordinator.

=============================================================

...not Miami.

Miami rejects Florida QB's transfer

08:56 AM ET 01.13 | Miami feels so good about quarterback that it quietly rejected recent overtures from the Gators' 2012 opening day starter. West Palm Beach Dwyer coach Jack Daniels said UM was the "top choice" of Jacoby Brissett, who is transferring from UF, but the Hurricanes informed him "they don't have room for him" because they have five quarterbacks on scholarship and a sixth (Kevin Olsen) arriving this summer. Brissett, rated the third-best duel purpose QB and 75th player overall in the 2011 class, completed 23 of 35 passes for 249 yards in 2012. He started the season opener against Bowling Green but was replaced after a quarter, replaced an injured Jeff Driskel and helped rally UF to avoid an upset loss against Louisiana-Lafayette, then started against Jacksonville State and threw for just 154 yards. He then lost the job to Driskel, decided to transfer, and likely will pick between North Carolina State and West Virginia, Daniels said.

Miami Herald
Last edited by FunnGun on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Re: Brissett, will transfer to...

Postby Gouryella » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:12 pm

How many yards did he rush for his senior year?

Dual threat? Interesting.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:36 pm

Kinda sad that Miami doesn't even want the guy who was head to head with our Starter....
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:39 pm

GatorKen wrote:Kinda sad that Miami doesn't even want the guy who was head to head with our Starter....

You love them UF boobs, huh? :lol:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby vulcan_alex » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Well how many QB's do you really want on your team? Or could you just cancel thier scholys?
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:48 pm

FunnGun wrote:
GatorKen wrote:Kinda sad that Miami doesn't even want the guy who was head to head with our Starter....

I do. Best thing on Twitter these days. As long as it is done in respect and class ya know. Let the girls show off and appreciate them for it. Its warming up so campus is looking a lot better too these days :D

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:54 pm

GatorKen wrote:
FunnGun wrote:

I do. Best thing on Twitter these days. As long as it is done in respect and class ya know. Let the girls show off and appreciate them for it. Its warming up so campus is looking a lot better too these days :D

Yessir, I'ma fan. Thought that was you(avi).
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorKen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:13 pm

FunnGun wrote:
GatorKen wrote:
FunnGun wrote:

Yessir, I'ma fan. Thought that was you(avi).

Yep, that's the same Outlaw

GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby BMF » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 pm

He's also looking at Louisville and Arkansas. Sounds like Muschamp didn't put any exclusions on where he can transfer to (SEC schools, Florida schools).

He should look at South Florida.
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby tillsb » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:50 pm

I don't think coaches should be able to put any restrictions and make them wait longer. What a bs system college sports are running on.
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby alcoholica » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Thought there was an interview where Muschamp said he doesn't believe in restricting a student athlete's options.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:04 pm

BMF wrote:He's also looking at Louisville and Arkansas. Sounds like Muschamp didn't put any exclusions on where he can transfer to (SEC schools, Florida schools).

He should look at South Florida.

I think the two favorites(according to Daniels) West Virgin and NCST. But I do agree about the transfer restrictions. Either make them uniform or do away with them. I can understand not wanting them inside your conference but that kind of discretion shouldn't be left up to a coach. As far as I know WM doesn't place restrictions(for the most part) on kids and that's made clear to them up front before they even sign. If they want to go, then go, won't miss you or fear you.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:19 pm

alcoholica wrote:Thought there was an interview where Muschamp said he doesn't believe in restricting a student athlete's options.

I don't believe in Muschamp's disbelief.

It's only smart.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby rogdochar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Pop-up menu thoughts :

1.. Since right now his transfer is a beginning process, why must the
media cover the embarrassing "baby-steps" = "Oh look, what a
clumsy fall. This baby may never walk." ??

2.. JB started with a Gator's soul; wish him the best.

3.. Champ "up-front" on giving the player that "prospective"
freedom, could be freer to manipulate scholly-guys a bit more .

4.. If one of our "rejected" ball-skills players goes elsewhere and
far exceeds our staff's evaluation, then we should check into those
elsewhere-coaches (position-coaches) as to the possibility they are
better than who we're employing/paying. ?? [think Bridgewater].
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Why would JB try to go to a place with 5 other QBs anyway? He needs to stop putting himself in serious competitions and just go somewhere now where he will get a legit shot to play, be in Western Michigan or FIU. If he balls out the NFL scouts will notice no matter where you play. I commend him on his no fear of comp, but he really needs to show he can play to make it in the NFL (for the most part).
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby gator jon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 pm

i would look at a big 12 school.. Baylor or Texas Tech would make alot of sense.
gator jon
Senior Gator

Postby GatorStompin44 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:04 pm

gator jon wrote:i would look at a big 12 school.. Baylor or Texas Tech would make alot of sense.

Or West Virginia...
GatorStompin44
Senior Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:10 pm

How about Clemson? Boyd is coming back for his senior year, don't know what they have planned at QB for 2014, and JB has to sit a year?
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 am

FunnGun wrote:...not Miami.

I've never heard of him having any interest in transferring there, which stands to reason since the clusterfvkk that led him to decommit and attend UF still exists at Thug U.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 am

Brissett will suck no matter what team he goes to.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum