Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -THE DUDE-, bradgator2, CivilGator, Class of '78, Clawhammergator, gatormoe1, gatorpe, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, WobbleGator and 51 guests

Props to Tim Tebow

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Props to Tim Tebow

Postby WashingtonDCGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:47 am

I have to give Tim Tebow his props for doing what Peyton Manning was unable to this season: win a playoff game. Under Manning, the Broncos were arguably the NFL's hottest team and the owners of an 11-game win streak. Manning choked tonight and played Denver right out of the playoffs.

Tebow threw the game-winning, 80-yard TD pass when it counted to move Dever into the next round. Manning threw an interception in crunch time and sealed B-More's win.

Tim got it done when it counted and I have to give him credit. Sucks to be a Denver fan right about now.
WashingtonDCGator
Head Ball Coach

Re: Props to Tim Tebow

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:54 am

WashingtonDCGator wrote:I have to give Tim Tebow his props for doing what Peyton Manning was unable to this season: win a playoff game. Under Manning, the Broncos were arguably the NFL's hottest team and the owners of an 11-game win streak. Manning choked tonight and played Denver right out of the playoffs.

Tebow threw the game-winning, 80-yard TD pass when it counted to move Dever into the next round. Manning threw an interception in crunch time and sealed B-More's win.

Tim got it done when it counted and I have to give him credit. Sucks to be a Denver fan right about now.

Yea suck it Mr. Ed!!!
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Postby scooby321 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 am

Mr. Ed.. Peyton never beat the Gators. He has the most first Playoff games losses. (8). He won one Super Bowl over Rex Grossman. He has the most Playoff Loses with 11. Mr. Ed San Fran is happy you recruited Peyton.
scooby321
Heisman Gator

Postby RichardN » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:28 am

:lmao:
RichardN
Heisman Gator

Postby rleaton4880 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:36 am

Looks like Mr. Ed just cost the Broncos $20,000,000 for NOTHING! Maybe he should be up for NFL Executive of the Year!
rleaton4880
True Gator

Postby Chomper » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:23 am

Mr. Potato Head lost? Oh my! :eek:
UGa butt-sniffers love Will Muschamp. Are you with them, or against them?
Chomper
Senior Gator

Postby Gouryella » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:39 am

How did Tim do in that next playoff game...just curious?

Manning has been one and done a record 8 times...next highest is 4.

Are we really going to try to compare a HOF qb with a guy who can't even get a starting gig? I know we're all a little bit homer sometimes but if anyone thinks that Tebow would have lead the Broncos to a 13-3 record and further in the playoffs THIS season...I have some great oceanfront property in Arizona for sale.

Time for us to start moving on...
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Mikhail » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:56 am

Gouryella wrote:Time for us to start moving on...

Us??? You got a turd in your pocket?
Mikhail
Freshman Gator

Postby Gouryella » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:08 pm

No Gorbachev...US as in Gatornation.

If he gets a shot...awesome. If not, while disappointing, it isn't some greek tragedy the way some around here act. It's been how many years now? Going on four years??? Yes, time for us to start moving on...
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby S4F4M » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:33 pm

Gouryella wrote:No Gorbachev...US as in Gatornation.

If he gets a shot...awesome. If not, while disappointing, it isn't some greek tragedy the way some around here act. It's been how many years now? Going on four years??? Yes, time for us to start moving on...
Dude...you must be young and dumb.

GatorNation >>> VolNation

nuff said. never gets old (except when it comes to PM and Mr. Ed)
"George W. Bush did more damage to America than Osama Bin Laden." - Sam Zakhem (former Ambassador for Reagan)
- led to the rise of BO and the Democratic party
- terrorism persists
- debt (see first dash)
- loss of freedoms (see first dash)
S4F4M
True Gator

Postby Gouryella » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:49 pm

S4: Been around these parts for more than a decade. Yes, on this board. I love Tebow, Danny, Spurrier and countless others but how long are we going to keep this Tebow injustice thing up? Five years? Six? Seven? Seriously?

You can shove your young and dumb up your ass btw.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Beauregard » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 pm

I have to give Tim Tebow his props for doing what Peyton Manning was unable to this season: win a playoff game.

Well, there's more than one way of looking at it. Although Manning did not win a playoff game this year and Tebow did last year, both players lost in the the same round: The Divisional Round. Manning and Co. were able to secure a bye due to being the #1 seed in the AFC. They essentially won the Wild Card round in the regular season. Tebow and Co. had to play it out for being a lower seed.

So saying Manning lost a Divisional Round playoff and Tebow won a Wild Card playoff is a little like bragging about winning the Las Vegas Bowl to a team that lost the Rose Bowl. Maybe not quite that extreme, but you get my point. The Divisional Round is a higher tier than the WC round. And we saw what happened to Tebow and Co. vs. the Patriots last year in the Divisional Round. They got their doors blown off.

Under Manning, the Broncos were arguably the NFL's hottest team and the owners of an 11-game win streak. Manning choked tonight and played Denver right out of the playoffs

I didn't get a chance to see the game, unfortunately. However, it looks to me like the unit most responsible for the loss was the defense, particularly in the passing game. Champ Bailey certainly didn't have one of his better outings.

I think it would suck worse to have a perspective as warped as yours.

Are we really going to try to compare a HOF qb with a guy who can't even get a starting gig? I know we're all a little bit homer sometimes but if anyone thinks that Tebow would have lead the Broncos to a 13-3 record and further in the playoffs THIS season...I have some great oceanfront property in Arizona for sale.

Thank you for having some sanity.

No question Manning has a big-game stigma that he needs to shed, and Sunday's loss (although I think the bulk of the blame goes to the defense) did not help in doing so. However, any of the Tebow talk is just ridiculous.
Beauregard
Freshman Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Beauregard wrote:
I have to give Tim Tebow his props for doing what Peyton Manning was unable to this season: win a playoff game.

Well, there's more than one way of looking at it. Although Manning did not win a playoff game this year and Tebow did last year, both players lost in the the same round: The Divisional Round. Manning and Co. were able to secure a bye due to being the #1 seed in the AFC. They essentially won the Wild Card round in the regular season. Tebow and Co. had to play it out for being a lower seed.

So saying Manning lost a Divisional Round playoff and Tebow won a Wild Card playoff is a little like bragging about winning the Las Vegas Bowl to a team that lost the Rose Bowl. Maybe not quite that extreme, but you get my point. The Divisional Round is a higher tier than the WC round. And we saw what happened to Tebow and Co. vs. the Patriots last year in the Divisional Round. They got their doors blown off.

Under Manning, the Broncos were arguably the NFL's hottest team and the owners of an 11-game win streak. Manning choked tonight and played Denver right out of the playoffs

I didn't get a chance to see the game, unfortunately. However, it looks to me like the unit most responsible for the loss was the defense, particularly in the passing game. Champ Bailey certainly didn't have one of his better outings.

I think it would suck worse to have a perspective as warped as yours.

Thank you for having some sanity.

No question Manning has a big-game stigma that he needs to shed, and Sunday's loss (although I think the bulk of the blame goes to the defense) did not help in doing so. However, any of the Tebow talk is just ridiculous.

This is the key to your comments. If you didn't see the game then you cannot accurately state that the defense let them down. Denver scored 14 points on special teams therefore bulbhead only led them to 21 points.

Nobody is comparing Tebow to Manning they are simply pointing out the fact that at the end of the day the NFL is supposed to be a results league. Denver spent a gazillion dollars on Manning and surrounding weapons and the end result is the same as last year. I wonder what would have happened if Mr. Ed had invested the same amount of money in incremental weapons for Tebow?
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Gouryella wrote:S4: Been around these parts for more than a decade. Yes, on this board. I love Tebow, Danny, Spurrier and countless others but how long are we going to keep this Tebow injustice thing up? Five years? Six? Seven? Seriously?

You can shove your young and dumb up your ass btw.

Dude, shut up. It's a Gator board. Go be Buzz Killington somewhere else.
oxrageous

Postby jagator0 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:17 pm

THE NFL lives in some sort of Bizarro World. All we are hearing on the ore-game shows is how great the spread offense is doing in the NFL with RG II, sCam, Wilson and Kaepernick running while the QB who runs it better than ANYONE can't get a 2-14 team in his hometown to give him a shot. in the words of the immortal Vince Lombardi "WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE??"

This **** that Tebow can't throw the ball comes form nowhere logical. Riley Cooper? NFL. Aaron Hernandez? NFL. David Nelson? NFL. Louis Murphy? NFL Who was throwing them the ball in college?

You have a quarterback that has had one (not even full) season as a starter in this league and took his team to the Divisional Round. Then the very next year a Hall of Famer takes over that very same team and gets them no further. But you're telling me he doesn't deserve EVEN A LOOK? on a 2-14 team or one that has a turnover machine like Mark Sanchez?

Hey Arizona? You want to go to the playoffs next year? Here's what you do. Get Tebow. See if Urban Meyer has any interest in the NFL. Install the spread offense.
jagator0
Heisman Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:22 pm

jagator0 wrote:THE NFL lives in some sort of Bizarro World. All we are hearing on the ore-game shows is how great the spread offense is doing in the NFL with RG II, sCam, Wilson and Kaepernick running while the QB who runs it better than ANYONE can't get a 2-14 team in his hometown to give him a shot. in the words of the immortal Vince Lombardi "WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE??"

This **** that Tebow can't throw the ball comes form nowhere logical. Riley Cooper? NFL. Aaron Hernandez? NFL. David Nelson? NFL. Louis Murphy? NFL Who was throwing them the ball in college?

You have a quarterback that has had one (not even full) season as a starter in this league and took his team to the Divisional Round. Then the very next year a Hall of Famer takes over that very same team and gets them no further. But you're telling me he doesn't deserve EVEN A LOOK? on a 2-14 team or one that has a turnover machine like Mark Sanchez?

Hey Arizona? You want to go to the playoffs next year? Here's what you do. Get Tebow. See if Urban Meyer has any interest in the NFL. Install the spread offense.

Yes, but those are all black QB's (well maybe not RG3 according to Rob Parker) and everybody knows that black dual threat QB's are better than white dual threat QB's.
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Postby gatorborn » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Beauregard wrote:
I didn't get a chance to see the game, unfortunately. However, it looks to me like the unit most responsible for the loss was the defense, particularly in the passing game.

Well then let me tell you what you missed...Peyton threw a pick six and fumbled which resulted in a field goal in regulation. Then he threw another pick in the OT which resulted in the game winning score.

The only reason the Broncos made it to OT was Holliday scoring on a punt return and a kickoff return (with some help from a hold).

Of course on the Broncos message board you will learn that the Broncos lost not because of Peyton's three turnovers or the Broncos defense, no they lost because of....(wait for it).....the officiating! :lol:
gatorborn
Freshman Gator

Postby S4F4M » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Beauregard wrote:...we saw what happened to Tebow and Co. vs. the Patriots last year in the Divisional Round. They got their doors blown off.
How do you know that wouldn't have happened this year also?

Brady to Gronk got old last year (as did the 6 TD passes that Brady had in the first half).

Mr. Ed went out and got him an old QB for $20M and other O weapons instead of shoring up the D. It showed last night.

Put Teebs into that offense, and he would have been fine for $17M less. 13-3...maybe not, but you cannot deny that the donkeys had a weak/easy schedule this year. Who did they play? SD, KC, OAK for 6 games. Saints, Panthers, Bucs, Steelers. Ravens when 4 defensive players were hurt.

Only 5 teams they played this year made the playoffs. 2-3 (1 against Ravens; 1 against Cincy)
4 teams they played in 2011 made the playoffs. 1-3 (1 against Cincy; Tebow was the starter for 2).
Media made it seem that the broncos were unstoppable due to their "difficult" schedule. pleeeeez.

No one is saying Tebow is Manning. But we will never know his true W-L as he never got a shot at a team building a strong (correct) team around him.

Put Tebow in Kapernick's position.
great HC, great D, great O weapons (RB and WRs)
Colin Kaepernick 17/31 (55%) 263 yds 2 TD 1 INT
Not exactly "lighting it up" with those passing numbers. IMO, Tebow could have done similar.

NOTE COMBINE REVIEW OF Colin Kaepernick:
NFL.com wrote:WEAKNESSES
Plays out of the pistol, lacks experience under center. Has not been asked to make NFL progressions and reads. Not quick to check down or hit hot read against the blitz. Misses too many short passes. Doesn't have consistent touch on the deep ball. Release is somewhat elongated and can dip down to sidearm at times.

Sounds similar to me to someone we all know and love (except for the part about deep balls (NFL proven) and short balls (UF proven)).
Last edited by S4F4M on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"George W. Bush did more damage to America than Osama Bin Laden." - Sam Zakhem (former Ambassador for Reagan)
- led to the rise of BO and the Democratic party
- terrorism persists
- debt (see first dash)
- loss of freedoms (see first dash)
S4F4M
True Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Beauregard wrote:I didn't get a chance to see the game, unfortunately. However, it looks to me like the unit most responsible for the loss was the defense, particularly in the passing game.

You didn't even bother to watch the game and we're supposed to be interested in your analysis? :rolleyes:

Your analysis is bad enough even when you're actually informed.
oxrageous

Postby Double Gator Dad » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 pm

S4F4M wrote:
Beauregard wrote:...we saw what happened to Tebow and Co. vs. the Patriots last year in the Divisional Round. They got their doors blown off.
How do you know that wouldn't have happened this year also?

Brady to Gronk got old last year (as did the 6 TD passes that Brady had in the first half).

Mr. Ed went out and got him an old QB for $20M and other O weapons instead of shoring up the D. It showed last night.

Put Teebs into that offense, and he would have been fine for $17M less. 13-3...maybe not, but you cannot deny that the donkeys had a weak/easy schedule this year. Who did they play? SD, KC, OAK for 6 games. Saints, Panthers, Bucs, Steelers. Ravens when 4 defensive players were hurt.

Only 5 teams they played this year made the playoffs. 2-3 (1 against Ravens; 1 against Cincy)
4 teams they played in 2011 made the playoffs. 1-3 (1 against Cincy; Tebow was the starter for 2).
Media made it seem that the broncos were unstoppable due to their "difficult" schedule. pleeeeez.

No one is saying Tebow is Manning. But we will never know his true W-L as he never got a shot at a team building a strong (correct) team around him.

Put Tebow in Kapernick's position.
great HC, great D, great O weapons (RB and WRs)
Colin Kaepernick 17/31 (55%) 263 yds 2 TD 1 INT
Not exactly "lighting it up" with those passing numbers. IMO, Tebow could have done similar.

This is the really funny part, Denver benefited from the 8-8 regular season record in 2011 by getting an easier schedule in 2012. In 2013 Mr. Ed and his boys will get a 13-3 schedule in 2013 and a draft pick at the very end of the first round. Maybe they will select yet another receiver for bulbhead
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum