Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, soflagator, t-gator and 47 guests

San Francisco's offense

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

San Francisco's offense

Postby crosscreekcooter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 pm

looks pretty dangerous. Mixing the read option in with a conventional offense is deadly when it's used properly.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Re: San Francisco's offense

Postby TommyGator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:53 pm

#7 has a LOT of game...

Can see why Harbaugh made the change from Smith.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby unofficialgator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:59 pm

there's no arguing that works... it's just that major investment in the quarterback  that will  itake a lot of hits IE R G 3
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:33 pm

We run a lot of the same stuff and JD is a Kapp clone just not as quick. The offenses look different because of personal but philosophies are same.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FunnGun » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:36 pm

About that JD comparison...
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby crosscreekcooter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:37 pm

read option for 60?
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Yep. I'm not the biggest fan, obviously, but they do a better job of protecting Kapp by limiting it than Washington does.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gouryella » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:41 pm

JD and CK comparisons? For real?
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Gouryella wrote:JD and CK comparisons? For real?

Same skill set, not the same skill level right now.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby ltraz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 pm

I know, right! I also can't stand it when people compare Kevin Taylor to Fred. It's not like Kelvin's as good right now as Fred was when he was much older! How can we even compare people like that. Jeezz...
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:18 am

Statement...made.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby NVGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:23 am

:bananaburn:

Not even close. :lol:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby SwampedGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 am

Somewhere Tebow is sitting wondering why a coach won't run that offense with him....
SwampedGator
Heisman Gator

Postby willgetin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:45 am

JD > CK at this stage of his career...

Joking.
Alv: We have no excuses for this humiliating loss. We have only ourselves to blame. Tennessee most definitely deserved to lose.
Alv: You do realize your signature bums me out more than any other Jort rabble on the GSMB...Any chance you would...remove it?
willgetin
Heisman Gator

Postby Gouryella » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 am

CK did this in college. Jd has a long long way to go.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Ancient Reptile » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 am

crosscreekcooter wrote:looks pretty dangerous. Mixing the read option in with a conventional offense is deadly when it's used properly.

In discussing Tebow last year, every TV NFL analyst alive explain repeatedly that a read option offense could not work in the NFL. Where were you? Didn't you hear?
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 am

Ancient Reptile wrote:
crosscreekcooter wrote:looks pretty dangerous. Mixing the read option in with a conventional offense is deadly when it's used properly.

In discussing Tebow last year, every TV NFL analyst alive explain repeatedly that a read option offense could not work in the NFL. Where were you? Didn't you hear?

Oh please stop stating the obvious before one of our very own Gator Tebow haters say...but...but...Tebow can't pass... :rolleyes: This dude Kaep was like what?? 54% passing? That's not to great by traditional "NFL" standards but he looked like an offensive monster out there and I loved every second of it. Did anybody notice the throwing motion Kaep has? Look at that big "windup". Granted, Kaep was putting the ball on the money with timing but my point is the experts also said Tebow would never succeed in the NFL because of his throwing motion. I'm more convinced now than ever that his problem was always the system he was in and the fact that he was forced to "read" a defense by traditional NFL standards. I didn't see Kaep "reading" to much or making throws into tight space. He was "reading" the defense in his own way. This dude was running read option in pistol formation mixed in with long bombs from the shotgun and the help from a strong running game. Somewhere the Kaep's old head coach is smiling, Chip Kelly is slobbering and Tim Tebow is working hard to prove people wrong again.
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Postby Gouryella » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:52 am

Tebows problem is not a physical one.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:38 am

Do we have to worship San Fran just because they said they might consider Tebow as the 3rd string QB?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Jbossgator9 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:45 am

Driskel ran some read option really good vs Vandy this year. He had 177 yards rushing and broke one 70 yards for a TD vs a 9 WIN Vandy team. How quickly we forget huh?? Driskel also had 81 yards rushing vs Tenn too. Driskel is a work in progress and I think he will be much improved this upcoming year. He showed flashes of that this year. When your O-Line does NOTHING to help protect you, that is in your mind ALL THE TIME and that contributed to the Offensive woes. Mark it down, we will be a much improved offense this upcoming year with Driskel leading the way. Go Gators!!
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum