Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gatorJ, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, no1g8r and 39 guests

McCarron and Barrett Jones

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

McCarron and Barrett Jones

Postby Ringer » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:20 am

Haven't heard much about McCarron showing up his room-mate but here is a quote from Larry Brown Sports.
"Quarterback A.J. McCarron and center Barrett Jones had a miscommunication on a second-and-six situation and ended up taking a delay of game penalty. McCarron was stomping around trying to get Jones to snap him the ball, but the center never hiked it. A steamed McCarron tried to take a timeout, and he was shoved in the chest by Jones.
The two Bama players, who are roommates, remained in each others’ faces for a few seconds before breaking it up.
Someone should have reminded them they were up 42-14 at that point. That was easily the hardest hit McCarron took on the night. "

I thought it was a childish display by McCarron and he deserved the push from Jones, actually I would have been alright with Jones Face Planting him.

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Re: McCarron and Barrett Jones

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 am

Gay lovers quarrel
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:47 am

The hardest hit that Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron took during the BCS Championship Game may have come from one of his teammates -- and his roommate on road trips.

With Alabama holding a commanding 42-14 lead over Notre Dame in the fourth quarter, McCarron and center Barrett Jones experienced a bit of miscommunication that resulted in a 5-yard delay of game penalty and a brief shoving match. In a game largely devoid of drama after Alabama's fast start, this spat qualified as one of its most tense moments. Despite appearing quite angry as they left the field, both players downplayed the incident after the game.

"We're both perfectionists. He's an emotional guy. We had a snap count difference," Jones told ESPN on the field after the win. "I was right. But whatever, it doesn't matter. We love each other and gave each other big hugs. It's just how we are if you don't know us."

The girlfriend is just a front.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby BoomTown » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:35 am

It's obvious. AJ is the Cuckhold and Jones is the Bull.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby BoomTown » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:36 am

It's obvious. AJ is the Cuckhold and Jones is the Bull.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby StPeteGator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:49 am

Jones is the butch, McCarron is the *****
StPeteGator
Senior Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:02 am

In the heated exchange, 'McCarie' was heard to say "I'm all forplay !"
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby birdawg » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:06 pm

I thought that was great. After the game Barrett said it was a snap count miscommunication, and that he was right. I love it that he got him out of his face.
birdawg
Senior Gator

Postby 8802gator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:59 pm

The best part of that whole exchange is the ND defense jumping with joy like this was gonna turn the game in their favor.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 pm

If anybody cares about the truth here, this is what happened.

McCarron was calling plays, making an adjustment or two, then ready for the snap. ND would adjust. Jones is a total OCD perfectionist freak. He would change the line calls with like 4 seconds left. He was making McCarron crazy. McCarron would yell at him on the sideline, but Jones couldn't help himself. OCD and all.

McCarron told him something like pay attention and Jones said something like do his own job and let him do his.

Anyone who has been around somebody with severe OCD gets this. It is so effen frustrating you want to scream. But that's all it was. Not even arguing over who had the bigger dick. Just a qb with ADD trying to deal with a center with OCD.
gatorspook

Postby MJMGator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:24 pm

I thought it was fairly impressive that they were still that focused and competitive with the game easily in hand.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby 8802gator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:34 pm

My uncle has ocd. He has ruined every switch in his house countless times due to swiching them on and off making sure they are off. If you ever want to see something hilarious watch a person with ocd lock a door.
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:54 pm

gatorspook wrote:McCarron was calling plays, making an adjustment or two, then ready for the snap. ND would adjust. Jones is a total OCD perfectionist freak. He would change the line calls with like 4 seconds left. He was making McCarron crazy.

McCarrion should keep his freakin' mouth shut and be glad that he had an All American center who ensured that, even after ND or the other opponents adjusted, that they had the correct line call. It's why McCarrion wasn't sacked all night (and was rarely sacked during the season).

If he'd played behind one of those Daztard or Wickline OLs, maybe McCarrion would have appreciated what he had.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Yeah, Jones was saying to McCarron," look dude you hike the damn ball if you think you can do better". It was nothing. Just a little flare up between two usually very disciplined players. If it was something that was going on all night or if it was something that happened at a critical time in a game then it would be something to worry about.

You see very little of that type of thing out of Alabama.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:17 pm

8802gator wrote:My uncle has ocd. He has ruined every switch in his house countless times due to swiching them on and off making sure they are off. If you ever want to see something hilarious watch a person with ocd lock a door.

I lock the door when we leave and Ms. Spook always has to check it. If I snap at her and tell her to quit wasting time and get in the car, she'll pout for at least 10 minutes. Lips poked out and all.

MJMGator wrote:I thought it was fairly impressive that they were still that focused and competitive with the game easily in hand.

Which makes me even madder at the idiotic and childish reactions of OUR team.
gatorspook

Postby CapitalGator02 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:41 pm

I'm sure Jones allowed McCarron to be the big spoon in the hotel that night. Problem solved
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:35 pm

gatorspook wrote:
8802gator wrote:My uncle has ocd. He has ruined every switch in his house countless times due to swiching them on and off making sure they are off. If you ever want to see something hilarious watch a person with ocd lock a door.

I lock the door when we leave and Ms. Spook always has to check it. If I snap at her and tell her to quit wasting time and get in the car, she'll pout for at least 10 minutes. Lips poked out and all.

MJMGator wrote:I thought it was fairly impressive that they were still that focused and competitive with the game easily in hand.

Which makes me even madder at the idiotic and childish reactions of OUR team.

Go on...
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby CGgater » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:10 pm

saban would be screaming over a mental error like that if leading by 70 with 1 minute left, so mccarie is just following the example of his leader.

On a side note: A buddy at work mentioned that several networks were clamoring to interview mccarie's girlfriend about the musburger comments. She agreed to do ONE interview (Good Morning America, I think), and ONE INTERVIEW ONLY, because... wait for it... mccarie was ticked about all the attention she was getting when this was "his moment," having just won the MNC. These are her words during the interview to explain why she would only do one interview.

So let me get this straight - all eyes are on him for 28 games over his two MNC years, and he's throwing a tantrum because he's not getting enough attention. What a spoiled, arrogant punk. I can't believe she didn't dump him the second he revealed his 4th grade mental/emotional capacity.
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby gatorpe » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:11 pm

No, there is nothing funny about OCD. My wife has it and it will drive you insane.......................can't you tell. :eek:
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Postby 8802gator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:21 pm

gatorpe wrote:

No, there is nothing funny about OCD. My wife has it and it will drive you insane.......................can't you tell. :eek:

Not making fun of the person just the situation. My uncle lived with my family when I was younger, so you don't have to tell me how maddening it can be.
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum