Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar and 18 guests

Who Had an OV Tonight?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby StreetFightingGator » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Was at the Swamp working out tonight and saw some of the coaches take what looked like two or three recruits out on the field. Then out of nowhere they lit up the jumbotrons at both ends of the stadium and played this really awesome video montage of Gator highlights backed by some hip-hop mix of Zeppelin's Kashmir.

Really helped keep me pumped going up those steps, I'll tell you that. The recruits seemed to be pretty impressed too as they were hootin' and hollerin' when it was over and the coaches were all smiles.

I didn't catch all of what they were saying when I was running the south end zone but those coaches are some damned good salesmen! They've got persuasion down to a pretty fine art.

I'm curious to know who the kids were. They must have been pretty important because they seemed to roll out the red carpet for them.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Chris Thompson, Keanu Neal, and Jarran Reed are on OV's. Ahmad Fulwood and Nick Washington will also be here.
User avatar
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby soflagator » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:21 pm

Whether enjoying their OVs or first few days of classes, what a beautiful couple of days in Gville for the incoming Freshmen.
User avatar
soflagator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6764
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm
Location: Juno

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby gatorhar » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:09 am

Florida commits Chris Thompson and Keanu Neal are on their official vists in addition to Ole Miss JUCO DT commit Jarran Reed. UF commits Ahmad Fulwood and Nick Washington are also visiting unofficially.
Image
User avatar
gatorhar
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: Gainesville In My Dreams

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby alcoholica » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:16 am

Rumor that something big is going to happen this weekend. Not sure if it's a flip or unscheduled visitor.
Image
User avatar
alcoholica
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby Swamp82 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:58 am

As long as its a plus and not a minus
If you would like to keep your coach you can
User avatar
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: NW Florida

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby crosscreekcooter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:09 am

alcoholica wrote:Rumor that something big is going to happen this weekend. Not sure if it's a flip or unscheduled visitor.

The Mayan calendar thing was a couple of weeks ago.
User avatar
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby phideltgator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:36 am

[quote="StreetFightingGator"]Was at the Swamp working out tonight and saw some of the coaches take what looked like two or three recruits out on the field. Then out of nowhere they lit up the jumbotrons at both ends of the stadium and played this really awesome video montage of Gator highlights backed by some hip-hop mix of Zeppelin's Kashmir.

Really helped keep me pumped going up those steps, I'll tell you that. The recruits seemed to be pretty impressed too as they were hootin' and hollerin' when it was over and the coaches were all smiles.
............................................................
Sounds like you are devoted to your workouts but you missed your chance to impress those coaches. I would have been on that field doing sprints and throwing 20 yard bombs.
User avatar
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: way down South

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby Wait ’til next year » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:50 am

phideltgator wrote:
StreetFightingGator wrote:Was at the Swamp working out tonight and saw some of the coaches take what looked like two or three recruits out on the field. Then out of nowhere they lit up the jumbotrons at both ends of the stadium and played this really awesome video montage of Gator highlights backed by some hip-hop mix of Zeppelin's Kashmir.

Really helped keep me pumped going up those steps, I'll tell you that. The recruits seemed to be pretty impressed too as they were hootin' and hollerin' when it was over and the coaches were all smiles.
............................................................
Sounds like you are devoted to your workouts but you missed your chance to impress those coaches. I would have been on that field doing sprints and throwing 20 yard bombs.


You making fun of UF's offense? :deadhorse: :facepalm2:
"When the people fear their government, there is TYRANNY; when the government fears the people, there is LIBERTY" -- Thomas Jefferson
Wait ’til next year
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby phideltgator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:14 am

Well, I must admit it was a thought. :nutso:
User avatar
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: way down South

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby BSJGator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:20 am

Wait ’til next year wrote:
phideltgator wrote:
StreetFightingGator wrote:Was at the Swamp working out tonight and saw some of the coaches take what looked like two or three recruits out on the field. Then out of nowhere they lit up the jumbotrons at both ends of the stadium and played this really awesome video montage of Gator highlights backed by some hip-hop mix of Zeppelin's Kashmir.

Really helped keep me pumped going up those steps, I'll tell you that. The recruits seemed to be pretty impressed too as they were hootin' and hollerin' when it was over and the coaches were all smiles.
............................................................
Sounds like you are devoted to your workouts but you missed your chance to impress those coaches. I would have been on that field doing sprints and throwing 20 yard bombs.


You making fun of UF's offense? :deadhorse: :facepalm2:


Well, it's not like they didn't serve themselves up on a silver platter... :rolleyes:
User avatar
BSJGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Location: Deep in Assnole Territory

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby alcoholica » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 am

crosscreekcooter wrote:
alcoholica wrote:Rumor that something big is going to happen this weekend. Not sure if it's a flip or unscheduled visitor.

The Mayan calendar thing was a couple of weeks ago.


A poster on another site is claiming we have a 5* silent commit. Maybe someone is taking their final OV and will commit after. After they've gotten their 5 free trips kind of thing.
Image
User avatar
alcoholica
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby GatorKen » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:58 am

Wait ’til next year wrote:
phideltgator wrote:
StreetFightingGator wrote:Was at the Swamp working out tonight and saw some of the coaches take what looked like two or three recruits out on the field. Then out of nowhere they lit up the jumbotrons at both ends of the stadium and played this really awesome video montage of Gator highlights backed by some hip-hop mix of Zeppelin's Kashmir.

Really helped keep me pumped going up those steps, I'll tell you that. The recruits seemed to be pretty impressed too as they were hootin' and hollerin' when it was over and the coaches were all smiles.
............................................................
Sounds like you are devoted to your workouts but you missed your chance to impress those coaches. I would have been on that field doing sprints and throwing 20 yard bombs.


You making fun of UF's offense? :deadhorse: :facepalm2:



we don't get to call the hail mary until we are inside the 5 yardline. a 20 yard bomb would be a sight to see. Though I think those are just the few throw-aways that we see.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.


I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
User avatar
GatorKen
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5656
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm
Location: Murica

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby gatorspook » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:29 pm

GatorKen wrote:we don't get to call the hail mary until we are inside the 5 yardline. a 20 yard bomb would be a sight to see. Though I think those are just the few throw-aways that we see.


I was a horribly pathetic qb who was last string (maybe 5th) on a hs team that finished #2 in the state 2 out of 3 years in whatever the top division was back then. (Couldn't beat Coral Gables) I didn't get to practice much and game time was a few pity plays in the course of a season.

Coaches had fun with me one practice and had me throw hail marys from like the 30 yard line. So effen humiliating. And I had so little self pride I celebrated and smack talked when I finally completed one.
User avatar
gatorspook
Moderator
 
Posts: 5401
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Floating on a spring-fed lake in Mandarin

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby phideltgator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Coral Gables as in Gerald Tinker, Glen Cameron and Ralph Ortega Coral Gables?
User avatar
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: way down South

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby phideltgator » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:50 pm

alcoholica wrote:
crosscreekcooter wrote:
alcoholica wrote:Rumor that something big is going to happen this weekend. Not sure if it's a flip or unscheduled visitor.

The Mayan calendar thing was a couple of weeks ago.


A poster on another site is claiming we have a 5* silent commit. Maybe someone is taking their final OV and will commit after. After they've gotten their 5 free trips kind of thing.


Nothing wrong with visiting schools. Take advantage of those freebee visits. Nine times out of ten the parents are the driving force behind this anyway. 5 star player going under the radar...that sounds great. We need a stealthy qb to give us some new ideas for offense.
User avatar
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: way down South

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby gatorspook » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:11 pm

phideltgator wrote:Coral Gables as in Gerald Tinker, Glen Cameron and Ralph Ortega Coral Gables?


Same school, a few years before.

The guy who killed us was a black qb named craig curry who played at Minnesota. The reason I identify him as black was because none of us had played against black players before. He was too quick.
User avatar
gatorspook
Moderator
 
Posts: 5401
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Floating on a spring-fed lake in Mandarin

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby AugustaGator » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 am

When is Matt going to chime in about some sort reference to Oral Vagina, Oral Volcano, or some other matching acronym?
AugustaGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5712
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Who Had an OV Tonight?

Postby gatorspook » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:02 pm

AugustaGator wrote:When is Matt going to chime in about some sort reference to Oral Vagina, Oral Volcano, or some other matching acronym?


MM is more likely to reference overstuffed, over sized, or old.
User avatar
gatorspook
Moderator
 
Posts: 5401
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: Floating on a spring-fed lake in Mandarin


Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron