Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angry Narwhal, gatordad3, Google Adsense [Bot], happyhorseranch, Jabberdave, MSNbot Media and 58 guests

Tebow to Niners?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Tebow to Niners?

Postby G8RByte » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Talk of this on sports radio here in San Francisco today potentially as backup to Kaepernick.

In the words of Ox...

Discuss.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Re: Tebow to Niners?

Postby G8RByte » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:58 pm

OK, I'll start.

I think this would be a good fit, maybe the best in the league for him. Harbaugh is a proven developer of quarterbacks. They run a system that would be suitable for Tim's skills, and he is a cheaper backup than Alex Smith will be.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:59 pm

I could certainly see this happening. Talk here is that Roman will join the Jags as the new HC. If that happened the newly retired Coach Ault, Kap's college coach, would join the 49ers as OC.

It could work.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby G8RByte » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm

NVGator wrote:I could certainly see this happening. Talk here is that Roman will join the Jags as the new HC. If that happened the newly retired Coach Ault, Kap's college coach, would join the 49ers as OC.

It could work.

Interesting. I could also see the Jags looking at Alex Smith. While not enamored with him, certainly better than what the Jags have.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:02 pm

I don't think those colors suit Timmy. I just can't picture him in red.

:lol:
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby G8RByte » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Jabberdave wrote:I don't think those colors suit Timmy. I just can't picture him in red.

:lol:

If Red makes Green, I'm sure he'd do it. :D
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby crosscreekcooter » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Nice try.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby EtsuGator42 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:05 pm

I feel like he would be a good fit for the Redskins. The Redskins do not throw the ball a ton and with RG3 coming back from surgery they will need somebody that can run the offense in a similar manner. The Redskins have Cousins has the backup right now but they could possibly do some trading with the Jets. The Redskins run the spread option which is right up Tebow's ally.
EtsuGator42
Senior Gator

Postby crosscreekcooter » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:07 pm

crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby crosscreekcooter » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Tebow >Gabbert+Henne
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:09 pm

G8RByte wrote:
NVGator wrote:I could certainly see this happening. Talk here is that Roman will join the Jags as the new HC. If that happened the newly retired Coach Ault, Kap's college coach, would join the 49ers as OC.

It could work.

Interesting. I could also see the Jags looking at Alex Smith. While not enamored with him, certainly better than what the Jags have.

Yep, and I'd love for Smith to join Roman in Jax. Certainly a huge upgrade from Gabbertt and Henne.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby G8RByte » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:11 pm

NVGator wrote:
G8RByte wrote:

It could work.

Yep, and I'd love for Smith to join Roman in Jax. Certainly a huge upgrade from Gabbertt and Henne.

Yep, not a big arm, but he's mobile and accurate.
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:14 pm

On a side note.... Polian is a dynamic name around the league.

The Father, Bill, is at the Colts and certainly recognized. His son Chris is rumored to join the Jags Ex. office. And other son Brian (former coach at aTm) is the new HC at Nevada.

Since then, Ault has changed his verbiage from "retired" to "stepping away" and hasn't ruled out coaching again.
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:16 pm

crosscreekcooter wrote:Image

That's got to be a picture of the "Sell-out crowd" FunnGun is always talking about.
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Scott512 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:16 pm

I don't see it happening but would be good with it if it did. We don't know what Harbaugh thinks of Tebow as an NFL QB. If he thinks he can help Tim in the pocket he may take a run at him. But sh*t will hit the fan in the San Francisco area if Tebow Mr. Chrisitianity is on their team wouldn't it? I doubt the Niners want that and Tebow doesn't need to get dumped on anymore. I'm tired of Tebow being maligned like he has been on and off the field. I never thought it would be like this.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby Maillot Jaune » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Tim has had some questionable career advice. He should have come to the Jags when he had the chance....not that it would have mattered at all now.

It's also surprising to me that given his stardom coming out of college all he's landed is FRS energy, while Cam is doing Gatorade.
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Scott512 wrote:I don't see it happening but would be good with it if it did. We don't know what Harbaugh thinks of Tebow as an NFL QB. If he thinks he can help Tim in the pocket he may take a run at him. But sh*t will hit the fan in the San Francisco area if Tebow Mr. Chrisitianity is on their team wouldn't it? I doubt the Niners want that and Tebow doesn't need to get dumped on anymore. I'm tired of Tebow being maligned like he has been on and off the field. I never thought it would be like this.

Why would it hit the fan in SF for Tim being a Christian? Are you saying there aren't any Christians in the Bay Area?

Don't forget the stadium is moving to more of a Bay Area conglomerate rather than just around SF and Daly City.
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Scott512 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:26 pm

NVGator wrote:
G8RByte wrote:

It could work.

He failed for 6 years in San Fran. Not all Smith's fault but alot of it was. I would love to see Tebow get just 1 / 3 of the chances Smith got. Smith needs to be on a good team that can win where he can manage the game. It's no wonder once the Niners became good Smith did as well. He should not go to a bad team and that's what the Jags are. Very bad.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby crosscreekcooter » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:27 pm

NVGator wrote:
crosscreekcooter wrote:Image

That's got to be a picture of the "Sell-out crowd" FunnGun is always talking about.

I was just trying to help prove Gunn's point that they don't have the tarps on the seats like he's always saying.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:38 pm

crosscreekcooter wrote:Nice try.

One day you'll regret your decision to flip to the dark side.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum